100-V isolated flyback DC/DC controller operates up to 150 degrees C
The device simplifies the design of an isolated DC/DC converter since there is no requirement for an opto-isolator, third winding or signal transformer for feedback, as the output voltage is sensed from the primary-side flyback signal. The LT3748 operates over a 5 V to 100 V input voltage range and drives an external N-channel power MOSFET, making it well suited for a wide variety of automotive, industrial, telecom and datacom applications.
The LT3748 operates in a boundary mode, current-mode control switching scheme, resulting in +/-5% typical regulation over the full line, load and temperature range. Boundary mode also permits the use of a smaller transformer compared to equivalent continuous conduction mode designs. The output voltage is easily set by two external resistors and the transformer turns ratio. Several off-the-shelf transformers identified in the data sheet can be used for numerous applications. The high level of integration and the use of boundary mode operation results in a simple, clean application solution to the traditional challenge of isolated power delivery.
Additional features include an onboard low drop regulator for IC power, programmable soft start, undervoltage lockout, adjustable current limit and output voltage temperature compensation.
Availability and Pricing
The LT3748H is available in a small MSOP-16 package with 4 pins removed for additional high voltage pin spacing. The 1,000 piece price starts at $3.71 each.
More information about the LT3748H high input voltage isolated flyback DC/DC controller at www.linear.com/3748.
Visit Linear Technology at www.linear.com
- GPTG agrees global distribution deal with Digi-Key
- 10W charger design for smart mobile devices meets latest specs
- The ultimate 'Selfie' solution: A self-powered video camera
- 200W, 98%, buck-boost regulators in 10x14mm module format
- Harvesting energy from electromagnetic waves
- Europe’s first commercial Li-ion ESS deployment supports Faroe wind farm
- Battery-backed power supplies maintain up to 115W
- Indoor solar-powered wireless mesh delivers 99.999% data reliability
- Baseplate cooled AC-DC power supplies deliver 110W
- 75W triple output AC-DC power supplies
- Harvester makes light work of powering IoT devices
- Compact 100W baseplate-cooled power supply
- 7.0x7.5mm shielded power inductors take up to 59.2A
- Bluetooth Smart Wearable-on-Chip offers industry-leading battery life performance
- High power low-pass filters handle up to 2500 W
- Revealed - The real impact of battery bounce testing
- Bias power made easy
- Will energy-saving lightbulb become graphene's first commercial success?
- Polymer discovery paves way for low-cost ultrafast batteries
- How to get higher efficiency at lower loads: A new LLC platform makes it possible
- Has Google entered the battle for next-generation batteries?
- WPT breaks all connections, Part 3
- Quick-charging hybrid supercapacitor trumps thin-film lithium battery
- Real-time power GaN waveform monitoring
- Can fast-charging aluminum-ion battery dampen safety fears?
- Power grids - How many EVs can be charged simultaneoulsy?
- WPT breaks all connections, Part 2
- Will metal-free catalyst lower rechargeable zinc-air battery costs?
- Is UK Government cutting solar subsidies too soon?
- MIT pinpoints promising pathways for solar photovoltaic power
- Battery Management System Tutorial
- High Performance Portable DC Bench Power Supply: Save Money and Free Up Bench Real Estate by Building Your Own
- A Four-Quadrant DC/DC Switching Regulator Smoothly Transitions from Positive to Negative Output Voltages for FPGA and Other Applications
- Investigating Die attach Failure in IGBTs using Power Cycling Tests
- Power Systems Design eBook
- Wireless Power User Guide
- A Novel Approach to Industrial Rectifier Systems