100-V isolated flyback DC/DC controller operates up to 150 degrees C
The device simplifies the design of an isolated DC/DC converter since there is no requirement for an opto-isolator, third winding or signal transformer for feedback, as the output voltage is sensed from the primary-side flyback signal. The LT3748 operates over a 5 V to 100 V input voltage range and drives an external N-channel power MOSFET, making it well suited for a wide variety of automotive, industrial, telecom and datacom applications.
The LT3748 operates in a boundary mode, current-mode control switching scheme, resulting in +/-5% typical regulation over the full line, load and temperature range. Boundary mode also permits the use of a smaller transformer compared to equivalent continuous conduction mode designs. The output voltage is easily set by two external resistors and the transformer turns ratio. Several off-the-shelf transformers identified in the data sheet can be used for numerous applications. The high level of integration and the use of boundary mode operation results in a simple, clean application solution to the traditional challenge of isolated power delivery.
Additional features include an onboard low drop regulator for IC power, programmable soft start, undervoltage lockout, adjustable current limit and output voltage temperature compensation.
Availability and Pricing
The LT3748H is available in a small MSOP-16 package with 4 pins removed for additional high voltage pin spacing. The 1,000 piece price starts at $3.71 each.
More information about the LT3748H high input voltage isolated flyback DC/DC controller at www.linear.com/3748.
Visit Linear Technology at www.linear.com
- US-Irish partnership pioneers GaN nanostructures for power electronics
- High power amplifier with integrated power detector targets backhaul
- KIT, Schaeffler optimise power steering for electric cars
- Automatically-compensated digital PoL controller matches analogue loop performance
- Europe leads PV uptake charts as global growth continues
- Smart power switch replaces discretes in powertrain and automotive body electronics
- UK becomes only bright spot in Europe's solar market
- Intepro expands to support growth plans
- Ultra-low-power 32-bit MCU platform targets industrial and IoT applications
- Single-channel comparator extends battery life in low-voltage portable devices
- Can tandem photovoltaics achieve record solar cell efficiencies?
- Is UK Government cutting solar subsidies too soon?
- Bluetooth Smart SoC family targets wireless charging for IoT
- Linear adds micro-module regulators with 60V/4A & 36V/8A buck-boost types
- micro-PMIC provides integrated power management for wearable devices
- High efficiency resonant mode implementation using digital control
- A simple method for determining the optimal operating point of an LED
- WPT breaks all connections, Part 1
- Revealed - The real impact of battery bounce testing
- Can Dyson clean up in the battery sector?
- Data-acquisition: The key to a smart electrical grid
- IKEA and Samsung back Qi wireless charging advance
- Will energy-saving lightbulb become graphene's first commercial success?
- Solar-powered plane completes first leg of global record attempt
- Real-time power GaN waveform monitoring
- Solar plane passes new test ahead of planned world tour
- Lithium battery shipments on passenger planes face ban
- How to get higher efficiency at lower loads: A new LLC platform makes it possible
- Lithium storage principle offers higher energy storage densities
- Advantages of power blocks for high-current POLs
- High Performance Portable DC Bench Power Supply: Save Money and Free Up Bench Real Estate by Building Your Own
- A Four-Quadrant DC/DC Switching Regulator Smoothly Transitions from Positive to Negative Output Voltages for FPGA and Other Applications
- Investigating Die attach Failure in IGBTs using Power Cycling Tests
- Power Systems Design eBook
- Wireless Power User Guide
- A Novel Approach to Industrial Rectifier Systems
- Smartphone SoC Power Efficiency - DVFS Capacitor Switching