100-V isolated flyback DC/DC controller operates up to 150 degrees C
The device simplifies the design of an isolated DC/DC converter since there is no requirement for an opto-isolator, third winding or signal transformer for feedback, as the output voltage is sensed from the primary-side flyback signal. The LT3748 operates over a 5 V to 100 V input voltage range and drives an external N-channel power MOSFET, making it well suited for a wide variety of automotive, industrial, telecom and datacom applications.
The LT3748 operates in a boundary mode, current-mode control switching scheme, resulting in +/-5% typical regulation over the full line, load and temperature range. Boundary mode also permits the use of a smaller transformer compared to equivalent continuous conduction mode designs. The output voltage is easily set by two external resistors and the transformer turns ratio. Several off-the-shelf transformers identified in the data sheet can be used for numerous applications. The high level of integration and the use of boundary mode operation results in a simple, clean application solution to the traditional challenge of isolated power delivery.
Additional features include an onboard low drop regulator for IC power, programmable soft start, undervoltage lockout, adjustable current limit and output voltage temperature compensation.
Availability and Pricing
The LT3748H is available in a small MSOP-16 package with 4 pins removed for additional high voltage pin spacing. The 1,000 piece price starts at $3.71 each.
More information about the LT3748H high input voltage isolated flyback DC/DC controller at www.linear.com/3748.
Visit Linear Technology at www.linear.com
- Semitrex ultimate goal: one-size fits all power conversion
- Power capacitor addresses e-mobility
- Multi-channel load sink driver consumes 12x less power
- LDO regulator has ultra-low noise, high PSRR, for sensitive RF applications
- Bluetooth SoCs target ultra-low power Blue Gecko applications
- Single output, 5-20W medically approved power supplies
- Power factor correction boost controller achieves 0.99 PF
- High-voltage resonant controller with PFC for LED drivers
- Silicon carbide semiconductor switches enhance energy efficiency
- LED power supply market to triple in next five years
- Germanium quantum dot advance promises high-efficiency solar cells
- 800W, micro redundant industrial PC power supply in 1-U space
- 200W DC/DC has ultra-wide output voltage range for radio PA applications
- SMD DC-DC converters uprate efficiency, isolation and temperature range
- WPC extends capabilities of Qi wireless power standard
- How to ground and power complex circuits
- Low EMI automotive power designs
- Envelope Tracking Modulator with quad power IC and FPGA control
- World’s first polychrome organic solar module is revealed
- Simple analog ASIC solves difficult thermal analysis problems
- Power supply de-rating in practice
- LDO design techniques for small spaces
- Will energy-harvesting 3D printed trees charge your smartphone?
- Ultra-low power system for wearable devices
- Can 'baking powder' effect boost solar cell efficiencies?
- Plugging solar cell pinholes key to perovskite performance
- Challenges in battery management for hybrid/electric vehicles
- Tesla reveals plans to target household energy-storage market
- Shrimp shells provide cheap sustainable solar cell material
- Optimized perovskite films claim record power conversion efficiencies
- A Four-Quadrant DC/DC Switching Regulator Smoothly Transitions from Positive to Negative Output Voltages for FPGA and Other Applications
- Investigating Die attach Failure in IGBTs using Power Cycling Tests
- Power Systems Design eBook
- Wireless Power User Guide
- A Novel Approach to Industrial Rectifier Systems
- Smartphone SoC Power Efficiency - DVFS Capacitor Switching
- Power Modules: The New Super Power