11-bit 2.5-GSPS D/A converter increases number of QAM channels supported per D/A converter by up to 20 times.
The AD9737A 2.5-GSPS D/A converter’s wide bandwidth and dynamic range enable cable infrastructure designers to increase QAM (quadrature amplitude modulation) channel density by 20 times over present cable modem implementations, enabling improved next-generation services such as interactive television, high-definition broadcasts and new speciality channels.
The AD9737A D/A converter features low noise and intermodulation distortion to enable high quality synthesis of wideband signals up to 1 GHz, reducing the number of transmit DACs required in the typical cable plant. The device operates from 1.8-V and 3.3-V supplies for a total power consumption of 1.1 W maximum.
The AD9737A benefits from a dual-port interface with double-data-rate LVDS data receivers that support the maximum conversion rate of 2.5 GSPS. A proprietary switching technique enhances dynamic performance. The devices output current is programmable from 8.7 mA to 31.7 mA adding flexibility in interface options.
Availability and Pricing
The AD9737A D/A converter packaged in a 160-ball CSBGA is available now and is in production. The device is priced at $37.14 each in 1000 quantities.
More information about the AD9737A D/A converter at
- ChiP-based DC-DC converters pack 76-W/cm3 power density
- 65-V synchronous step-down converter for industrial, smart grid, automotive
- SMD DC-DC converters uprate efficiency, isolation and temperature range
- 10W DC-DC converters with medical safety approvals
- 140V, 400 mA step-down converter uses 12 µA quiescent
- Chipset measures complete set of 3-phase AC power parameters
- Qorvo emerges as a leader in RF
- High-voltage inrush/overcurrent input protection device
- World's first dual-screen smartphone extends battery life
- Buck converters enable smarter power regulation
- Micro DC/DC converter integrates coil for EMI-sensitive wearables
- 16-bit, 200 Msps ADCs claim lowest power levels
- Low-voltage MOSFETs optimise footprint with dual-sided cooling packages
- 2A synchronous step-down DC/DC is 93% efficiency, uses automotive voltages
- 40V, 400mA output, step-down regulator has dual tracking LDOs
- High efficiency resonant mode implementation using digital control
- A simple method for determining the optimal operating point of an LED
- WPT breaks all connections, Part 1
- Can Dyson clean up in the battery sector?
- Revealed - The real impact of battery bounce testing
- Data-acquisition: The key to a smart electrical grid
- IKEA and Samsung back Qi wireless charging advance
- Will energy-saving lightbulb become graphene's first commercial success?
- Solar-powered plane completes first leg of global record attempt
- Real-time power GaN waveform monitoring
- Solar plane passes new test ahead of planned world tour
- Lithium battery shipments on passenger planes face ban
- How to get higher efficiency at lower loads: A new LLC platform makes it possible
- Lithium storage principle offers higher energy storage densities
- Advantages of power blocks for high-current POLs
- High Performance Portable DC Bench Power Supply: Save Money and Free Up Bench Real Estate by Building Your Own
- A Four-Quadrant DC/DC Switching Regulator Smoothly Transitions from Positive to Negative Output Voltages for FPGA and Other Applications
- Investigating Die attach Failure in IGBTs using Power Cycling Tests
- Power Systems Design eBook
- Wireless Power User Guide
- A Novel Approach to Industrial Rectifier Systems
- Smartphone SoC Power Efficiency - DVFS Capacitor Switching