11-bit 2.5-GSPS D/A converter increases number of QAM channels supported per D/A converter by up to 20 times.
The AD9737A 2.5-GSPS D/A converter’s wide bandwidth and dynamic range enable cable infrastructure designers to increase QAM (quadrature amplitude modulation) channel density by 20 times over present cable modem implementations, enabling improved next-generation services such as interactive television, high-definition broadcasts and new speciality channels.
The AD9737A D/A converter features low noise and intermodulation distortion to enable high quality synthesis of wideband signals up to 1 GHz, reducing the number of transmit DACs required in the typical cable plant. The device operates from 1.8-V and 3.3-V supplies for a total power consumption of 1.1 W maximum.
The AD9737A benefits from a dual-port interface with double-data-rate LVDS data receivers that support the maximum conversion rate of 2.5 GSPS. A proprietary switching technique enhances dynamic performance. The devices output current is programmable from 8.7 mA to 31.7 mA adding flexibility in interface options.
Availability and Pricing
The AD9737A D/A converter packaged in a 160-ball CSBGA is available now and is in production. The device is priced at $37.14 each in 1000 quantities.
More information about the AD9737A D/A converter at
- High-voltage inrush/overcurrent input protection device
- World's first dual-screen smartphone extends battery life
- Buck converters enable smarter power regulation
- Micro DC/DC converter integrates coil for EMI-sensitive wearables
- 16-bit, 200 Msps ADCs claim lowest power levels
- Low-voltage MOSFETs optimise footprint with dual-sided cooling packages
- 2A synchronous step-down DC/DC is 93% efficiency, uses automotive voltages
- 40V, 400mA output, step-down regulator has dual tracking LDOs
- Fastest, most accurate and lowest-power high-temp SAR ADC, claims ADI
- Pin-shaped lithium ion battery targets wearable device market
- Robust power modules support ultra-wide input voltage ranges
- Digital 40-Amp 132-Watt Pol DC-DC converter
- ADI’s efficient power drivers for 12-, 14- and 16-bit ADCs
- 24-bit, 10 mW, 130 dB SNR, 64 ksps Δ-Σ ADC
- 1A, 1.5 MHz, 65V boost/inverter DC/DC converter
- From 20x faster batteries to spray-on solar cells
- The benefits of the coupled inductor technology
- French-German collaborators claim solar cell efficiency world record
- Can Fool's gold reduce the cost of solar cells?
- Vicor extends “component power” concepts with VIA package
- BMW and Tesla look at car battery alliance
- Electrostatic potential technique harvests more of the sun’s energy
- Australian researchers claim solar energy efficiency world record
- Advanced lead-carbon batteries could enable 48V super hybrid vehicles
- Death to "half-power handsets"
- Product How-to: Power supply Black Box revolutionizes customer diagnostics
- EnOcean eyes the consumer market
- New electrolyte promises cheaper high efficiency magnesium-sulfur batteries
- Do electric vehicle batteries on the grid make sense?
- Bio batteries take step closer to clean energy
- Power Systems Design eBook
- Wireless Power User Guide
- A Novel Approach to Industrial Rectifier Systems
- Smartphone SoC Power Efficiency - DVFS Capacitor Switching
- Power Modules: The New Super Power
- Digital Power Management Reduces Energy Costs While Improving System Performance
- How to Charge Supercapacitor Banks for Energy Storage