4-terminal, snap-in power aluminium capacitors deliver 10,000-hours of useful life
The 095 PLL-4TSI capacitors feature a cylindrical aluminium case insulated with a blue sleeve and pressure relief, while a four-terminal design provides increased mechanical stability and keyed polarity.
The devices are available in case sizes ranging from 35 mm by 50 mm to 45 mm by 100 mm. With larger case sizes than standard snap-in devices, the 095 PLL-4TSI series offers high capacitance/voltage combinations, from 390 µF at 450 V to 2,200 µF at 350 V, which until now have been normally offered only in capacitors with screw terminal terminations.
The 095 PLL-4TSI makes these combinations available for cost-sensitive applications where PC board mounting is done with a simple soldering process. The capacitors offer a high rated ripple current to 8.6 A at + 85 °C, and are lead (Pb)-free and compliant to RoHS Directive 2002/95/EC.
As polarized aluminium electrolytic capacitors with a nonsolid electrolyte, the 095 PLL-4TSI devices are suitable for DC-link capacitors on the main side of switch mode power converters. Focus end products include solar inverters, motor drives, and uninterruptible power supplies (UPS).
For applications where a 500-V rating is required, Vishay also offers the 096 PLL-4TSI series of 4-terminal, snap-in power aluminum capacitors. The devices offer a 350-V to 500-V rated voltage range, capacitance to 2,700 µF, and a useful life of 5,000 h at + 85 °C.
Get the datasheets at:
Visit Vishay Intertechnology at www.vishay.com
- Nujira surpasses own world record for ET PA linearity
- PCIe clock generators offer the smallest footprint and lowest power
- 60-V integrated power modules extends power capability of low load-impedance Class D audio systems
- PFC IC enables compact designs for consumer products and PCs
- Radiation hardened DC-DC power conversion devices support space power systems
- 650-V n-channel power MOSFET series adds 23 new high power density devices
- LED power supply suits hand-held devices
- Integrated PFC IC for compact consumer products
- 420-W quarter brick DC-DC converters are PMBus compliant
- EPC offers GaN power library online
- Volvo evaluates flywheel hybrid drive - fuel savings of up to 25%
- PV storage market is set to grow to USD19bn by 2017
- Ultra-low-power SoC supports world's smallest Bluetooth location stickers
- Power-One enters into patent license agreement with Microchip
- Quad-MOSFET solution boosts efficiency and eliminates heat sinking in active bridge applications
- Imec and Renesas collaborate on ultra-low power short range radios
- Solar industry capital spending hits seven-year low in 2013 but upturn is on the cards
- Market for GaN and SiC power semiconductors set to rise by factor of 18 in next decade
- Advanced microcontroller combines floating point and low leakage technology to achieve longest battery lifetime in portable applications
- World's lowest power Bluetooth smart chip is unveiled
- Dangers of Aftermarket Counterfeit Battery Packs
- High Voltage Surge Stoppers Ensure Reliable Operation During Power Surges
- Motor-Drive Design made Simple
- Adaptive Cell Converter Topology Enables Constant Efficiency in PFC Applications
- Micropower Isolated Flyback Converter with Input Voltage Range from 6V to 100V
- Derating of Schottky Diodes
- Heatsink Optimization
- High Performance ZVS Buck Regulator Removes Barriers To Increased Power Throughput
- Waste heat replaces batteries
- Stepper Motor Control IC