6-A N-channel MOSFET gate driver operates over a 55 to 125 degrees C junction temperature range
The device's gate drive voltage is adjustable from 5 V to 8 V, allowing designers to choose either standard threshold or logic level MOSFETs. With a wide input supply range from 5 V to 25 V, the LTC4441 provides a simplified solution for increasing the output power capability of power supplies in telecom, industrial systems and motor control applications.
The LTC4441 includes an easily adjustable 5 V to 8 V onboard linear regulator for its gate drive voltage and IC power. The propagation delay when driving a 4.7 nF capacitance with 7.5 V drive voltage is only 30 ns. Adjustable leading edge blanking prevents ringing when sensing the source current in the power MOSFETs. The LTC4441 has a robust TTL/CMOS-compatible input that can be driven below ground or above the driver supply. Other protection features are undervoltage lockout and overtemperature circuits, which disable the driver output when activated.
The LTC4441 is packaged in a thermally enhanced 10-lead MSOP. 1000-piece pricing starts at $5.45 each.
More information about the LTC4441 N-channel MOSFET gate driver at www.linear.com/product/LTC4441
- PSU MOSFET driver boosts functional robustness, with low power loss
- Automotive battery stack monitor achieves 0.04% measurement accuracy
- 500 mA, 140V Boost/SEPIC/Flyback/Inverting DC/DC: IQ = 6µA
- Digi-Key’s pushes IDT’s wireless power reference kits through hackster
- Harsh-environment high input voltage, high output current linear regulator
- 38V dual PMBus DC/DC controller with current mode control
- Lowest-drift bandgap voltage reference reaches 1.5ppm/°C, offers low dropout
- Improving reliability and lowering audible noise on LED drivers
- Is ethylene carbonate the key to extending battery life?
- R&D centre investigates flow cell applications
- A new measure for wireless power transfer to support highly efficient links
- Can candle soot help power Electric Vehicles?
- Integrated 7.8 mΩ power switch handles 9A, with reverse-blocking
- Bulk capacitance on high-current PCB rails safely controlled with 30V MOSFET
- LLC controller claims best-in-class efficiency for isolated DC-DC converters
- Internet blackouts by 2020, warns nanoelectronics book
- Huawei reveals rapid charge batteries: 50% capacity charged in minutes
- Want longer lasting lithium ion batteries? Just add hydrogen
- Will solar cells power a Li-FI revolution?
- 48V system achieves near full-hybrid characteristics
- Tandem thin film solar cells add perovskite to boost efficiency
- Perovskite advance targets long-wavelength sunlight to boost solar cell efficiency
- Universal wireless charger meets multiple standards
- IDT to acquire ZMDI for $310million
- PoWiFi optimizes energy harvesting to power IoT sensors
- A4WP and PMA combine for create AirFuel Alliance
- Sub-threshold logic MCU maker claims low-power benchmark lead
- Reducing data centre energy consumption on three levels
- Harvest more energy from photons to improve solar cells and li-fi
- Multi-crystalline silicon solar cell claims 21.25 percent efficiency record
- Battery Size Matters
- Isolation in AC Motor Drives: Understanding the IEC 61800-5-1 Safety Standard
- Multichemistry Buck Battery Charger Controller
- Why Making the Move from a Variable Transformer to a VariPLUS is the Right Decision
- Determine Balancing Current for the LTC3305 Lead-Acid Battery Balancer
- Testing PSRR with High-Frequency Ripple
- A SEPIC Fed Buck Converter