60-A multi-chip module family enables designers to meet stringent energy savings standards
Designed to enable a reduced inductor and output capacitor count, the FDMF68xx series saves up to 50 percent of board space as compared to conventional discrete solutions and improves efficiency to meet new energy standards. The FDMF68xx series reduces switch ringing, using Fairchild's high-performance PowerTrench MOSFET technology to eliminate the need for using a snubber circuit in most buck converter applications.
The Gen III DrMOS MCM family supports both 3.3 V and 5 V Tri-State PWM input voltages for both digital and analog PWM controllers and a 30 V device option makes the DrMOS adaptable for Notebook or UltraBook power systems. Providing better efficiency with over 1 MHz switching frequency, increased maximum load current, and greater power density, the Gen III DrMOS series achieves efficiency standards targets while providing up to 60 A per phase in a 6x6 mm2 PQFN package.
For more information about the FDMF68xx Gen III DrMOS multi-chip modules at
- Low-power, “always listening” voice detection/recognition on FPGA
- PFC AC-DC drivers focus on LED lighting applications
- ams expands PMIC family for mobile multi-core ARM processors
- Infineon offers high-power module IP royalty-free, to spread adoption
- Silicon carbide 1.2kV, 120A half-bridge module for 30-60 kW power conversion
- 15-Watt Qi-compliant device enebles ultra-fast wireless recharging
- MOSFET gate drivers boost conversion efficiency
- Compact silicon carbide hybrid power modules at 3300V and 1500A
- Micro DC/DC converter integrates coil for EMI-sensitive wearables
- Multi-channel driver and inverter IPMs for industrial, white goods and consumer
- Fairchild claims world’s first 1000-Volt integrated power switch
- 75V MOSFETs have ultra-low Rds(on) for industrial applications
- IGBTs and MOSFETs continue to drive power semiconductor growth
- Cree releases SPICE models for SiC power MOSFETs
- Chip power inductors suit deployment in power circuits of portables
- From 20x faster batteries to spray-on solar cells
- The benefits of the coupled inductor technology
- French-German collaborators claim solar cell efficiency world record
- Can Fool's gold reduce the cost of solar cells?
- Vicor extends “component power” concepts with VIA package
- BMW and Tesla look at car battery alliance
- Electrostatic potential technique harvests more of the sun’s energy
- Australian researchers claim solar energy efficiency world record
- Death to "half-power handsets"
- Product How-to: Power supply Black Box revolutionizes customer diagnostics
- EnOcean eyes the consumer market
- New electrolyte promises cheaper high efficiency magnesium-sulfur batteries
- Do electric vehicle batteries on the grid make sense?
- How does a Blu-ray disc improve solar cell performance?
- Heliatek completes world's first BIOPV concrete façade installation
- Power Systems Design eBook
- Wireless Power User Guide
- A Novel Approach to Industrial Rectifier Systems
- Smartphone SoC Power Efficiency - DVFS Capacitor Switching
- Power Modules: The New Super Power
- Digital Power Management Reduces Energy Costs While Improving System Performance
- How to Charge Supercapacitor Banks for Energy Storage