60-A multi-chip module family enables designers to meet stringent energy savings standards
Designed to enable a reduced inductor and output capacitor count, the FDMF68xx series saves up to 50 percent of board space as compared to conventional discrete solutions and improves efficiency to meet new energy standards. The FDMF68xx series reduces switch ringing, using Fairchild's high-performance PowerTrench MOSFET technology to eliminate the need for using a snubber circuit in most buck converter applications.
The Gen III DrMOS MCM family supports both 3.3 V and 5 V Tri-State PWM input voltages for both digital and analog PWM controllers and a 30 V device option makes the DrMOS adaptable for Notebook or UltraBook power systems. Providing better efficiency with over 1 MHz switching frequency, increased maximum load current, and greater power density, the Gen III DrMOS series achieves efficiency standards targets while providing up to 60 A per phase in a 6x6 mm2 PQFN package.
For more information about the FDMF68xx Gen III DrMOS multi-chip modules at
- 200W, 98%, buck-boost regulators in 10x14mm module format
- Indoor solar-powered wireless mesh delivers 99.999% data reliability
- Bluetooth Smart Wearable-on-Chip offers industry-leading battery life performance
- Bluetooth Smart SoC family targets wireless charging for IoT
- Extended temperature MOSFETs offer power density benefits
- 90-A POL DC/DC converter focuses on high-demand networking
- ChiP-based DC-DC converters pack 76-W/cm3 power density
- Transphorm and ON Semiconductor offer co-branded GaN power devices
- Digital power controller with 'Tru-sample Technology' runs 35A to FPGAs
- 30A high integration DC/DC for FPGA point-of-load regulation
- Digi-Key inks global distribution deal with Dialog
- MOSFET family delivers lowest on-resistance and output capacitance
- Design-in for SiC: HV pulse generators use silicon carbide MOSFETs
- Low power, USB Type-C charger & device reference designs from Lattice
- Single output, 5-20W medically approved power supplies
- Bias power made easy
- Revealed - The real impact of battery bounce testing
- Will energy-saving lightbulb become graphene's first commercial success?
- Polymer discovery paves way for low-cost ultrafast batteries
- Has Google entered the battle for next-generation batteries?
- How to get higher efficiency at lower loads: A new LLC platform makes it possible
- Medical devices: Where wireless charging has real impact
- WPT breaks all connections, Part 3
- Quick-charging hybrid supercapacitor trumps thin-film lithium battery
- Can fast-charging aluminum-ion battery dampen safety fears?
- Power grids - How many EVs can be charged simultaneoulsy?
- Will metal-free catalyst lower rechargeable zinc-air battery costs?
- Power management design for single-cell battery system
- How can iron fluoride triple energy storage in batteries?
- MIT pinpoints promising pathways for solar photovoltaic power
- Battery Management System Tutorial
- High Performance Portable DC Bench Power Supply: Save Money and Free Up Bench Real Estate by Building Your Own
- A Four-Quadrant DC/DC Switching Regulator Smoothly Transitions from Positive to Negative Output Voltages for FPGA and Other Applications
- Investigating Die attach Failure in IGBTs using Power Cycling Tests
- Power Systems Design eBook
- Wireless Power User Guide
- A Novel Approach to Industrial Rectifier Systems