600-V ICs offer energy efficient benefits for inverterized motor drive applications
The IRS2334SPbF is offered in an SOIC20WB package while the IRS2334MPbF is available in a QFN5X5 package featuring a footprint of just 25 mm² and designed with the appropriate creepage and clearance requirements to enable rugged and reliable designs at voltages up to 600 V.
“Inverterized motor drives offer efficiency greater than 80 percent compared to standard on/off drives that deliver less than 50 percent efficiency,” said Alberto Guerra, Vice President, Strategic Market Development, IR’s Energy Saving Products Business Unit. “The IRS2334SPbF and IRS2334MPbF offer a compact solution and simpler implementation that enable designers of applications such as power tools, refrigerator compressors and electrically controlled fans to utilize energy efficient inverters and with the smallest form factor.”
The IRS2334x family provides comprehensive protection including proprietary negative voltage spike (Vs) immunity for safe operation under extreme switching conditions and short circuit events. The output drivers feature a high pulse current buffer stage designed for minimum driver cross-conduction. Propagation delays are matched to simplify use at high frequencies. The floating channel can be used to drive N-channel power MOSFET or IGBT in the high-side configuration.
The new ICs utilize IR’s advanced high-voltage IC (HVIC) process which incorporates next-generation high-voltage level-shifting and termination technology to deliver superior electrical over-stress protection and higher field reliability. The IRS2334x feature under-voltage lock-out protection, integrated deadtime protection and shoot-through protection. Other features of the new devices include advanced input filter, lower di/dt gate driver for better noise immunity, output in phase with inputs and are 3.3 V input logic compatible.
Availability and Pricing
Pricing for the IRS2334SPBF begins at US$1.95 each in 10,000 unit quantities. Production quantities are available immediately. The devices are RoHS compliant.
More information about IRS2334SPbF and IRS2334MPbF three-phase, 600 V ICs at www.irf.com/product-info/datasheets/data/irs2334pbf.pdf
- Samsung SDI forges microgrid systems alliance with ABB
- Innovate UK pumps funding into lithium sulfur battery R&D
- Software simulation of ST power devices, by free download tool
- Infineon confirms dual-strand approach to GaN product portfolio
- Graphitic carbon electrodes promise more efficient energy storage
- Carbon and iron-based electrocatalyst offers cost-effective platinum rival
- Will energy-harvesting 3D printed trees charge your smartphone?
- Tesla reveals plans to target household energy-storage market
- Voltage optimisation innovation provides renewable energy at peak times
- KEMET releases world's first 250-V 0402 C0G ceramic capacitors
- First round-the-world solar plane flight prepares for take-off
- Zinc oxide materials show promise as piezoelectric nanogenerators
- Infineon Technologies completes International Rectifier acquisition
- ZigBee radio chip supports Smart Home/IoT capabilities
- GaN: The dawn of a new era?
- High efficiency resonant mode implementation using digital control
- A simple method for determining the optimal operating point of an LED
- Can Dyson clean up in the battery sector?
- IKEA and Samsung back Qi wireless charging advance
- WPT breaks all connections, Part 1
- Data-acquisition: The key to a smart electrical grid
- Solar-powered plane completes first leg of global record attempt
- Battery-less IoT connectivity enabled by low-power & multi-standard wireless MCU
- Solar plane passes new test ahead of planned world tour
- Lithium battery shipments on passenger planes face ban
- Real-time power GaN waveform monitoring
- Lithium storage principle offers higher energy storage densities
- Advantages of power blocks for high-current POLs
- Is UK Government cutting solar subsidies too soon?
- Cheaper ultrathin perovskite solar cells target commerical viability
- High Performance Portable DC Bench Power Supply: Save Money and Free Up Bench Real Estate by Building Your Own
- A Four-Quadrant DC/DC Switching Regulator Smoothly Transitions from Positive to Negative Output Voltages for FPGA and Other Applications
- Investigating Die attach Failure in IGBTs using Power Cycling Tests
- Power Systems Design eBook
- Wireless Power User Guide
- A Novel Approach to Industrial Rectifier Systems
- Smartphone SoC Power Efficiency - DVFS Capacitor Switching