802.11 b/g/a/n dual-band FEM
It contains integrated PAs for 2.5 GHz and 5 GHz, Tx/Rx switch for each band, baluns for both low and high receive bands, bypass capacitors, built-in power detector for both bands, and filtering for transmit paths.
The RF3688 is packaged in a 24-pin, 4mmx4mm QFN package with backside ground. It operates from a single supply voltage of 3.0 V to 4.8 V. Power output specifications include: 11g POUT of 17 dBm, OFDM <2.4% EVM; 11a POUT of 16.5 dBm, OFDM <2.4% EVM; and POUT meeting 11b mask of 21.5 dBm.
Typical applications include cellular handsets, mobile devices, tablets, consumer electronics, gaming, netbooks/notebooks, and TV/monitors/video.
- Eight percent of Europe’s electricity now supplied by wind energy
- 3 kW Platinum front-end AC/DC PSU for Power over Ethernet
- ROHM Semiconductor acquires digital power management specialist Powervation
- Graphene nanoribbon could deliver power control for ships to smartphones
- TI adds advanced WEBENCH tools for expert power-supply designers
- Infineon MOSFETs deliver highest energy efficiency in minimum packaging
- Channel power monitor measures land mobile radio performance
- Power amplifiers cover 2-50 GHz to simplify instrumentation applications
- Wireless power transmitter/receiver coils for wearables
- Cree acquires APEI to boost SiC power modules penetration
- 150W and 225W, external medical-spec power supplies
- Wireless power transfer technology enables omnidirectional free space charging
- Silica adds Nordic Semiconductor short range wireless and Bluetooth products
- Regenerative AC load bank slashes energy costs by 90 percent
- Digi-Key to distribute Monolithic Power Systems worldwide
- Boeing issues fire hazard warning from lithium battery bulk shipments
- Power grid pilot highlights Europe's battery storage failings
- Samsung and LG: Reshaping the future for rechargeable mobile batteries
- Graphene ultracapacitor claims market’s highest energy density
- Solar powered flight smashes long distance records
- Solar cell splits water to make fuel
- Smart meters can destabilize grid, study says
- Nanogenerator harvests energy from rolling tires
- Battery overheating stalls solar plane record attempt
- Electric double-decker buses lead London's zero emission drive
- IBM slashes next-gen power
- Perovskite solar cells - can production costs be lowered?
- Powering wearables: Are niobium nanowire supercapacitors the answer?
- Li-ion battery to power search for life on Mars
- World first: Samsung monitor integrates inbuilt wireless charging
- Battery Management System Tutorial
- High Performance Portable DC Bench Power Supply: Save Money and Free Up Bench Real Estate by Building Your Own
- A Four-Quadrant DC/DC Switching Regulator Smoothly Transitions from Positive to Negative Output Voltages for FPGA and Other Applications
- Investigating Die attach Failure in IGBTs using Power Cycling Tests
- Power Systems Design eBook
- Wireless Power User Guide
- A Novel Approach to Industrial Rectifier Systems