Saft cooperates with Nedap to deliver effective energy storage for residential solar power systems
The energy storage systems will enable on-grid photovoltaic (PV) installations to make the optimum use of the solar power they produce.
Saft Li-ion battery modules, designed specifically for energy storage in residential and commercial PV applications, in combination with Nedap's PowerRouter solar inverter with integrated battery manager, will be available this summer.
Effective energy storage 'time-shifts' the peak power produced by PV systems during the middle of the day for use during peak demand periods, mainly mornings and evenings. This both maximizes local self consumption and enhances the value of the PV system as only surplus energy is exported to the grid.
With this vision in mind, Nedap developed the PowerRouter, a solar inverter with integrated battery manager to make optimum use of self-generated energy.
"As the market for renewable energy is moving rapidly toward grid parity, it becomes more interesting to optimize the consumption of self generated Solar Energy. Storing energy during the day for use at night becomes important for users who want to become independent from their energy supplier. Now is the moment that this technology becomes economically attractive for the customer due to the developments in the lithium-ion battery technology. The performance, long-service life and zero maintenance features of Saft's Li-ion technology is a perfect fit with Nedap's compact, easy to install, all-in-one system approach for our PowerRouter," said Joep Thomassen, Managing Director of Nedap Energy Systems.
"We are seeing a significant shift in the PV market with feed-in-tariffs being reduced significantly and sometimes withdrawn completely. This is driving the growing interest in self-consumption and other electricity storage applications that can only be achieved with effective energy storage," said Francois Bouchon, Director of Saft's Energy Storage Systems business. "We have developed a range of Li-ion energy storage solutions, and working with high quality partners such as Nedap, who have a well established track record in the renewable energy industry, is the ideal way to bring them to market."
Visit Nedap at www.nedap.com
Visit Saft at www.saftbatteries.com
- Can flow battery advance lower urban power costs?
- Power capacitor addresses e-mobility
- Multi-channel load sink driver consumes 12x less power
- Battery analytics solution trims battery-related return costs
- LDO regulator has ultra-low noise, high PSRR, for sensitive RF applications
- Bluetooth SoCs target ultra-low power Blue Gecko applications
- Single output, 5-20W medically approved power supplies
- Power factor correction boost controller achieves 0.99 PF
- Industrial production of li-ion cells in Germany comes closer
- Silicon nanofiber boosts battery range performance of EVs
- LED power supply market to triple in next five years
- Can mimicking biology improve Li-ion battery performance?
- 800W, micro redundant industrial PC power supply in 1-U space
- 200W DC/DC has ultra-wide output voltage range for radio PA applications
- SMD DC-DC converters uprate efficiency, isolation and temperature range
- How to ground and power complex circuits
- Low EMI automotive power designs
- Envelope Tracking Modulator with quad power IC and FPGA control
- Simple analog ASIC solves difficult thermal analysis problems
- Power supply de-rating in practice
- World’s first polychrome organic solar module is revealed
- LDO design techniques for small spaces
- Will energy-harvesting 3D printed trees charge your smartphone?
- Ultra-low power system for wearable devices
- Can 'baking powder' effect boost solar cell efficiencies?
- Plugging solar cell pinholes key to perovskite performance
- Challenges in battery management for hybrid/electric vehicles
- Tesla reveals plans to target household energy-storage market
- Graphene enables electrical control of light emitter energy flows
- Shrimp shells provide cheap sustainable solar cell material
- A Four-Quadrant DC/DC Switching Regulator Smoothly Transitions from Positive to Negative Output Voltages for FPGA and Other Applications
- Investigating Die attach Failure in IGBTs using Power Cycling Tests
- Power Systems Design eBook
- Wireless Power User Guide
- A Novel Approach to Industrial Rectifier Systems
- Smartphone SoC Power Efficiency - DVFS Capacitor Switching
- Power Modules: The New Super Power