NewsJEDEC unveils standard for low power memory devices August 26, 2014 JEDEC Solid State Technology Association, the global leader in standards development for the microelectronics industry, today announced the publication of JESD209-4 Low Power Double Data Rate 4 (LPDDR4). Read more Audi makes the leap to 48V supply August 25, 2014 Carmaker Audi has announced to partly equip its cars with an 48V electrical system. The split-voltage system gives automotive electrics and electronics designers the option to electrify additional units for the sake of overall efficiency. Read more Battery-powered water splitter delivers low-cost emissions-free fuel cells August 25, 2014 Researchers at Stanford University have used an ordinary AAA battery to produce hydrogen by water electrolysis at room temperature to power a low-cost, emissions-free fuel cell. Read more Solid state battery advance removes 'range anxiety' fears August 21, 2014 A Michigan startup company is claiming to have developed an advanced solid state Li-ion battery that overcomes the twin obstacles currently stopping electric vehicles from becoming mainstream -'range anxiety' and 'affordability'. Read more Infineon closes technology gap through International Rectifier takeover August 20, 2014 Infineon has announced plans to swallow International Rectifier for the amount of $3 billion. With the move, the Munich-based chipmaker intends to close its technology gap in the promising GaN segment. In addition, Infineon hopes to better utilize its 300mm wafer fab in Dresden to capacity. Read more Get an overview of test automation for PCBs, by Teradyne August 20, 2014 In a free webinar taking place on Wednesday October 1st, you'll be able to learn the latest advances in in-line PCBA test automation that deliver step-function improvements to cost and product quality. Read more Spanish researchers reveal wireless energy transfer device August 20, 2014 Researchers at the Universitat Politècnica de València (UPV) have designed a wireless energy transfer device for charging mobile phones or laptops. Read more Is flower power the shape of solar cells to come? August 19, 2014 A hydrangea-inspired dye-sensitised solar cell has been developed by Hiroshi Segawa, a professor at University of Tokyo's Research Centre for Advanced Science and Technology, that can store enough energy to charge your smartphone twice. Read more Dialog collaborates with Energous to develop wire-free charging August 19, 2014 Dialog Semiconductor plc is collaborating with Energous Corporation, the developer of WattUp, a wire-free charging technology for electronic devices that provides power at a distance with complete mobility under full software control. Read more Webinar: Insight into the WiFi-offload technology and lab testing August 19, 2014 On Wednesday, 24th September 2014 at 15h00 CET, Microwave Engineering Europe and Anritsu will present a webinar titled: 'An Insight into the WiFi-offload technology and lab testing solutions'. Read more
MOST POPULAR NEWS
- Will home battery market entry give Tesla traction?
- How do lithium-ion batteries explode in real-time?
- Infineon seeks buyer for Welsh wafer fab
- Fairchild cuts IGBT switching losses by 30 percent
- IKEA embeds wireless power transmitters in furniture and lamps
- Single material battery is safer, simpler and more efficient
- Black silicon solar cells push efficiency record to 22.1 percent
- Wireless charging gets universal antenna
- Digital signal controllers consume up to 80 percent less power
- Infineon acquisition strengthens position in global IPM market
- Boron-infused graphene helps quadruple performance of microsupercapacitor
- 3D-printed aerogels promise energy storage benefits
- Inkjet printing advance simplifies production of kesterite solar cells
- Infineon seeks buyer for Welsh wafer fab
- Are hybrid perovskite field-effect transistors the future for solar cells?
- Battery Management System Tutorial
- High Performance Portable DC Bench Power Supply: Save Money and Free Up Bench Real Estate by Building Your Own
- A Four-Quadrant DC/DC Switching Regulator Smoothly Transitions from Positive to Negative Output Voltages for FPGA and Other Applications
- Investigating Die attach Failure in IGBTs using Power Cycling Tests
- Power Systems Design eBook
- Wireless Power User Guide
- A Novel Approach to Industrial Rectifier Systems