NewsSmartphone app helps home owners calculate energy efficiency December 03, 2014 German research institute Fraunhofer IAO has developed a smartphone app to help home owners calculate the benefits of energy efficiency measures before investing in a property. Read more Lithium battery shortcomings led to Boeing 787 fire December 03, 2014 The fire on board a Boeing 787 jetliner at Boston airport occurred after one of the aircraft's lithium-ion battery's eight cells experienced an internal short circuit leading to full battery thermal runaway. Read more Compressed sensing improves solar cell defect detection December 03, 2014 Scientists at the UK's National Physical Laboratory (NPL) have developed a method for detecting defects in solar cells using a technique called 'compressed sensing'. Read more French-German collaborators claim solar cell efficiency world record December 02, 2014 A new world record for the direct conversion of sunlight into electricity has been set by a multi-junction solar cell that converts 46% of the solar light into electrical energy. Read more Yorkshire low-power SRAM IP company attracts investment funding December 02, 2014 Sheffield-based low-power SRAM IP company sureCore Ltd. has received £1 million in Series A funding from Capital-E, Antwerp, Belgium, bringing total start-up funding to £2.1 million. Read more Daimler invests 100m euros in German battery expansion December 02, 2014 Daimler has revealed plans to spend about 100 million euros in coming years to increase production of lithium-ion batteries in eastern Germany. Read more Electrostatic potential technique harvests more of the sunís energy December 01, 2014 Researchers from the California Institute of Technology (Caltech) have taken a first step toward harnessing the energy lost from photovoltaic cells because they can only absorb and use a small fraction of light hitting the solar cells. Read more AVX' SMPS capacitor simulation software guides MLCC selection November 28, 2014 AVX has released a new version of its SpiCalci simulation software, an engineering tool that calculates performance characteristics and parameters for its switch mode power supply (SMPS) capacitors. Read more New electrolyte promises cheaper high efficiency magnesium-sulfur batteries November 28, 2014 A research team from the Helmholtz Institute Ulm (HIU) established by Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT) has developed an electrolyte for use in the construction of magnesium-sulfur battery cells. Magnesium offers higher storage densities than is capable with lithium. Read more Proton-conducting graphene membranes enhances fuel cell performance November 28, 2014 University of Manchester researchers have found graphene, which is impermeable to all gases and liquids, can easily allow protons to pass through it. The discovery could revolutionize fuel cells because they require a barrier that only allow protons to pass through. Read more
MOST POPULAR NEWS
- Can your phone batteries keep you secret on the internet?
- Tesla reveals snakebot electric car charger
- Can hydrogen charge your iPhone for a week?
- Butterflies help boost solar panel power by 50 per cent
- Gaming computers: How easy is it to plug the energy blackhole?
- Samsung partners MIT to create longer-lasting solid-state rechargeable batteries
- UK Government to trial charge-as-you-drive 'electric motorways'
- 'Aqueous solar flow' battery 20 percent more efficient than lithium-iodine batteries
- Could nanowire artificial photosynthesis put an end to fracking?
- Simplified organic solar cells boost efficiency while lowering costs
- World's smallest emergency phone charger makes Kickstarter debut
- Micro rake doubles efficiency of inexpensive solar cells
- Smarter, lighter car battery replaces lead acid types
- Nanoparticle electrodes offer capacity boost for lithium-ion batteries
- Could aluminium be solar cell technology's new silver lining?
- Why Making the Move from a Variable Transformer to a VariPLUS is the Right Decision
- A SEPIC Fed Buck Converter
- Minimizing the Impact of Source Resistance on High-Voltage DC to DC Converters
- Dual Phase Buck Controller Drives High Density 1.2V/60A Supply with Submilliohm DCR Sensing
- Battery Management System Tutorial
- High Performance Portable DC Bench Power Supply: Save Money and Free Up Bench Real Estate by Building Your Own
- A Four-Quadrant DC/DC Switching Regulator Smoothly Transitions from Positive to Negative Output Voltages for FPGA and Other Applications