NewsGresham Power clinches GBP1.18m UPS defence export order July 29, 2014 UK power conversion specialist Gresham Power Electronics has secured a £1.18 million order to supply UPS systems to the UK Ministry of Defence for fitting to MARS (Military Afloat Reach and Sustainability) tankers. Read more High-temperature superconductivity discovery paves way for energy superhighways July 29, 2014 Physicists at University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) working with Cornell University and Brookhaven National Laboratory claim to have identified the 'quantum glue' that underlies a promising type of superconductivity. Read more BMW invoke fast battery chargers to spark EV sales July 28, 2014 BMW has launched the company's i DC Fast Chargers, which claim to be capable of charging the BMW i3 all-electric vehicle’s battery up to 80 percent in 30 minutes, to help spark growth in the company's electric vehicle sales drive. Read more Li-ion battery simulator accelerates next-gen automotive battery development July 28, 2014 CD-adapco has completed a development project targeting the automotive and lithium ion battery industries to enable faster design and development of advanced electric drive vehicle power systems. Read more Study pinpoints how to make Li-ion batteries last longer July 28, 2014 A group of researchers have focused on a class of Li-ion battery electrodes that have capacities greater than the materials used in today’s batteries with the aim of determining why they can often store more charge than theory predicts. Read more Avnet Memec signs European distribution deal with MPS July 24, 2014 Avnet Memec, an Avnet Inc. company, has been appointed as the pan-European distributor for Monolithic Power Systems (MPS), a leading fabless manufacturer of high-performance analog and mixed signal semiconductors. Read more Spinach feeds search for clean alternative energy July 24, 2014 Purdue University physicists are part of an international group investigating the ability to convert sunlight into a clean, efficient alternative fuel. Read more US FDA recognizes two UL battery safety standards July 24, 2014 Global safety science organization UL (Underwriters Laboratories), has announced that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has recognized two UL battery safety standards as consensus standards for medical devices incorporating lithium or nickel-based batteries. Read more Study reveals graphene's atomic level electrical properties July 23, 2014 Researchers from the University of Pennsylvania have used a cutting-edge microscope for the first time to study the relationship between the atomic geometry of a ribbon of graphene and its electrical properties. Read more Modular vector signal tester speeds power amplifier design July 23, 2014 Fabless chipmaker Smarter Micro decided to bring its development activities to speed. To accelerate the design of its reconfigurable multimode, multiband power amplifier, the company selected Agilent's PXIe modular vector signal test solution. Read more
MOST POPULAR NEWS
- Has Google entered the battle for next-generation batteries?
- Polymer discovery paves way for low-cost ultrafast batteries
- IKEA embeds wireless power transmitters in furniture and lamps
- Can fast-charging aluminum-ion battery dampen safety fears?
- Wireless charging gets universal antenna
- Power grids - How many EVs can be charged simultaneoulsy?
- Harvesting energy from electromagnetic waves
- How can iron fluoride triple energy storage in batteries?
- Will metal-free catalyst lower rechargeable zinc-air battery costs?
- Can magnesium ions finally break the lithium battery stranglehold?
- 3D-printed aerogels promise energy storage benefits
- Energy harvesters power wearables
- Is GDC the future for more efficient batteries?
- Newswatch: ARM seeks energy harvesting edge in IoT push
- European Space Agency to send ultracapacitors into orbit
- Battery Management System Tutorial
- High Performance Portable DC Bench Power Supply: Save Money and Free Up Bench Real Estate by Building Your Own
- A Four-Quadrant DC/DC Switching Regulator Smoothly Transitions from Positive to Negative Output Voltages for FPGA and Other Applications
- Investigating Die attach Failure in IGBTs using Power Cycling Tests
- Power Systems Design eBook
- Wireless Power User Guide
- A Novel Approach to Industrial Rectifier Systems