NewsIs European solar panel manufacturing a greener option? June 02, 2014 Solar panels made in Europe have a lower overall carbon footprint and are likely to use less energy during manufacturing compared with those made in China reports a study from Northwestern University and the Argonne National Laboratory. Read more Nanoscale structural changes pinpoint lithium-ion battery degradation May 30, 2014 Scientists from several U.S. Department of Energy national laboratories - Lawrence Berkeley, Brookhaven and SLAC - have collaborated to track the nanoscale structural changes that degrade lithium-ion battery performance during cycles of charge and discharge. Read more Global PV installations to pass record barrier in Q4 May 29, 2014 Global photovoltaic (PV) installations will reach 15 GW in the final quarter of 2014, beating the previous record of 12.7 GW in Q4’13 concludes an analysis from market intelligence company IHS. Read more Fire risk makes Panasonic recall laptop battery packs May 29, 2014 More than 43,000 laptop battery packs have been recalled by Panasonic following three of the packs in Asia overheating and providing a fire. The company has also declared a separate recall in Europe as a safety precaution. Read more Quantum-dot photovoltaics set new efficiency record May 28, 2014 A team of researchers at MIT has set a new record for the most efficient quantum-dot cells - a type of solar cell that is promising because of the technology's low cost, versatility and light weight. Read more Can graphene make large scale electricity storage viable? May 28, 2014 Researchers at University of Manchester's National Graphene Institute are exploring different ways to reduce the size and weight of batteries and extend their lifespan by adding graphene as a component material. Read more LED/PV technologies to benefit from energy transfer solution May 28, 2014 Scientists from the University of Southampton, in collaboration with the Universities of Sheffield and Crete, have developed a hybrid energy transfer system that mimics the processes responsible for photosynthesis and is applicable for light-emitting or photovoltaic devices. Read more Smartphone UI creates multi-purpose, self-powered data port May 27, 2014 NXP Semiconductors N.V. has introduced a Smartphone Quick-Jack Solution that simplifies connecting a variety of external devices to smartphones for self-powered data communications. Read more Superconductor discovery points to energy efficient power transmission May 27, 2014 Scientists at the Argonne National Laboratory have discovered a unknown phase in a class of superconductors called iron arsenides which may be able to harness their energy efficient power transmission capabilities for a wide range of new technologies. Read more Arctic Sand appoints replacement CEO May 26, 2014 Arctic Sand Technologies Inc. (Cambridge, Mass.), a startup working on power conversion ICs, has appointed Gary Davison as CEO and president, replacing original CEO and co-founder Nadia Shalaby. Read more
MOST POPULAR NEWS
- World’s first polychrome organic solar module is revealed
- IKEA and Samsung back Qi wireless charging advance
- Will energy-harvesting 3D printed trees charge your smartphone?
- Can 'baking powder' effect boost solar cell efficiencies?
- Solar plane passes new test ahead of planned world tour
- Tesla reveals plans to target household energy-storage market
- Shrimp shells provide cheap sustainable solar cell material
- Is this the Tesla killer?
- Optimized perovskite films claim record power conversion efficiencies
- Voltage optimisation innovation provides renewable energy at peak times
- Carbon and iron-based electrocatalyst offers cost-effective platinum rival
- Hybrid perovskite nanoparticles boost luminescence yield by 80 percent
- Semitrex ultimate goal: one-size fits all power conversion
- Can future solar fuel cells tap supersonic electrons?
- BMZ to triple lithium-ion rechargeable battery production by 2020
- High Performance Portable DC Bench Power Supply: Save Money and Free Up Bench Real Estate by Building Your Own
- A Four-Quadrant DC/DC Switching Regulator Smoothly Transitions from Positive to Negative Output Voltages for FPGA and Other Applications
- Investigating Die attach Failure in IGBTs using Power Cycling Tests
- Power Systems Design eBook
- Wireless Power User Guide
- A Novel Approach to Industrial Rectifier Systems
- Smartphone SoC Power Efficiency - DVFS Capacitor Switching