NewsBMW invoke fast battery chargers to spark EV sales July 28, 2014 BMW has launched the company's i DC Fast Chargers, which claim to be capable of charging the BMW i3 all-electric vehicle’s battery up to 80 percent in 30 minutes, to help spark growth in the company's electric vehicle sales drive. Read more Li-ion battery simulator accelerates next-gen automotive battery development July 28, 2014 CD-adapco has completed a development project targeting the automotive and lithium ion battery industries to enable faster design and development of advanced electric drive vehicle power systems. Read more Study pinpoints how to make Li-ion batteries last longer July 28, 2014 A group of researchers have focused on a class of Li-ion battery electrodes that have capacities greater than the materials used in today’s batteries with the aim of determining why they can often store more charge than theory predicts. Read more Avnet Memec signs European distribution deal with MPS July 24, 2014 Avnet Memec, an Avnet Inc. company, has been appointed as the pan-European distributor for Monolithic Power Systems (MPS), a leading fabless manufacturer of high-performance analog and mixed signal semiconductors. Read more Spinach feeds search for clean alternative energy July 24, 2014 Purdue University physicists are part of an international group investigating the ability to convert sunlight into a clean, efficient alternative fuel. Read more US FDA recognizes two UL battery safety standards July 24, 2014 Global safety science organization UL (Underwriters Laboratories), has announced that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has recognized two UL battery safety standards as consensus standards for medical devices incorporating lithium or nickel-based batteries. Read more Study reveals graphene's atomic level electrical properties July 23, 2014 Researchers from the University of Pennsylvania have used a cutting-edge microscope for the first time to study the relationship between the atomic geometry of a ribbon of graphene and its electrical properties. Read more Modular vector signal tester speeds power amplifier design July 23, 2014 Fabless chipmaker Smarter Micro decided to bring its development activities to speed. To accelerate the design of its reconfigurable multimode, multiband power amplifier, the company selected Agilent's PXIe modular vector signal test solution. Read more Steep growth for thermoelectric energy harvesting, says Infinergia Consulting July 22, 2014 In a new report titled “Sub-watt thermoelectric energy harvesting: industry and market analysis”, market research firm Infinergia Consulting reviews the key market segments that will most benefit from this form of energy harvesting. Read more AMS, Dialog merger talks fail July 22, 2014 Talks over a possible merger of mixed-signal chip companies AMS (Unterpremstaetten, Austria) and Dialog Semiconductor plc (Reading, England) have failed to reach agreement and been abandoned. Read more
MOST POPULAR NEWS
- Will home battery market entry give Tesla traction?
- How do lithium-ion batteries explode in real-time?
- Has Google entered the battle for next-generation batteries?
- Polymer discovery paves way for low-cost ultrafast batteries
- Infineon seeks buyer for Welsh wafer fab
- Can fast-charging aluminum-ion battery dampen safety fears?
- IKEA embeds wireless power transmitters in furniture and lamps
- Single material battery is safer, simpler and more efficient
- Wireless charging gets universal antenna
- Harvesting energy from electromagnetic waves
- How can iron fluoride triple energy storage in batteries?
- Will metal-free catalyst lower rechargeable zinc-air battery costs?
- Can magnesium ions finally break the lithium battery stranglehold?
- Infineon acquisition strengthens position in global IPM market
- 3D-printed aerogels promise energy storage benefits
- Battery Management System Tutorial
- High Performance Portable DC Bench Power Supply: Save Money and Free Up Bench Real Estate by Building Your Own
- A Four-Quadrant DC/DC Switching Regulator Smoothly Transitions from Positive to Negative Output Voltages for FPGA and Other Applications
- Investigating Die attach Failure in IGBTs using Power Cycling Tests
- Power Systems Design eBook
- Wireless Power User Guide
- A Novel Approach to Industrial Rectifier Systems