NewsCan solar cells result from recycling lead-acid batteries? August 18, 2014 Researchers at MIT have proposed a system to recycle materials from discarded car batteries - a potential source of lead pollution - into long-lasting solar panels that provide emissions-free power. Read more EE Times' annual salary & opinion survey report August 18, 2014 No matter what you call it, EE Times' Annual Salary & Opinion Survey is all about the money. Read more Dual-mode Bluetooth Low-Energy distribution deal for BlueCreation August 15, 2014 Distributor Digi-Key has announced a distribution agreement with BlueCreation, UK-based maker of dual-model BLE solutions. Read more Tattoo biobatteries produce power from sweat August 14, 2014 Researchers University of California San Diego have designed a sensor in the form of a temporary tattoo that can both monitor a person’s progress during exercise and the tattoo biobatteries can also produce power from the perspiration. Read more Nanotubular material opens new energy harvesting opportunities August 14, 2014 Researchers from the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) in California claim to have made a material that is 10 times stronger and stiffer than traditional aerogels of the same density opens new energy harvesting opportunities and support energy storage and conversion applications. Read more Hemp nanosheets rival graphene for supercapacitor performance August 13, 2014 Scientists in Canada are reporting that fibers from hemp can pack as much energy and power as graphene which has been favored as an ideal candidate material for supercapacitors. Read more FAA sparks more safety fears regarding lithium batteries August 12, 2014 New research by the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has sparked fears that lithium batteries can explode and burn even more violently than previously thought. The test results raising questions about lithium battery use and shipment on airplanes. Read more Xiaomi selects Dialog's Bluetooth Smart IC for wearable device August 12, 2014 Xiaomi, one of China's fastest growing electronics companies, has included Dialog Semiconductor’s Bluetooth ultra-low-power SmartBond SoC (System-on-Chip) in the company's new Mi Band fitness tracking wrist band. Read more Spintronics discovery reduces low-power memory device costs August 12, 2014 An international research team led by UCL London Centre for Nanotechnology have discovered a method to efficiently generate and control currents based on the magnetic nature of electrons using relatively cheap semi-conducting materials to process spin information with low-power consumption. Read more Panasonic Bluetooth Low Energy modules in distribution August 08, 2014 Mouser Electronics has the PAN1740 Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) Module from Panasonic, a single-model Bluetooth module that reduces form factor and significantly lowers power consumption with a fully shielded case that includes an integrated chip antenna and on-board crystal oscillators. Read more
MOST POPULAR NEWS
- Will home battery market entry give Tesla traction?
- How do lithium-ion batteries explode in real-time?
- Infineon seeks buyer for Welsh wafer fab
- Fairchild cuts IGBT switching losses by 30 percent
- IKEA embeds wireless power transmitters in furniture and lamps
- Single material battery is safer, simpler and more efficient
- Black silicon solar cells push efficiency record to 22.1 percent
- Wireless charging gets universal antenna
- Digital signal controllers consume up to 80 percent less power
- Infineon acquisition strengthens position in global IPM market
- Boron-infused graphene helps quadruple performance of microsupercapacitor
- 3D-printed aerogels promise energy storage benefits
- Inkjet printing advance simplifies production of kesterite solar cells
- Infineon seeks buyer for Welsh wafer fab
- Are hybrid perovskite field-effect transistors the future for solar cells?
- Battery Management System Tutorial
- High Performance Portable DC Bench Power Supply: Save Money and Free Up Bench Real Estate by Building Your Own
- A Four-Quadrant DC/DC Switching Regulator Smoothly Transitions from Positive to Negative Output Voltages for FPGA and Other Applications
- Investigating Die attach Failure in IGBTs using Power Cycling Tests
- Power Systems Design eBook
- Wireless Power User Guide
- A Novel Approach to Industrial Rectifier Systems