NewsThin-film PV achieves world-beating 21.7 percent efficiency September 26, 2014 The Centre for Solar Energy and Hydrogen Research Baden-Württemberg (ZSW) has claimed a new world record in thin-film photovoltaics by achieving a 21.7 percent efficiency with a solar cell made of copper indium gallium diselenide (CIGS). Read more Infineon's secret weapon: Dresden Fab, 48V car battery September 26, 2014 Talk to any automotive chip companies these days. Be it Infineon Technologies, Freescale, STMicroelectronics or NXP Semiconductors. They all share one common goal: Go get Renesas and grab major design-wins from leading Japanese carmakers, such as Toyota Motors. Read more ON Semiconductor partners Transphorm to develop GaN power solutions September 26, 2014 ON Semiconductor has formed a partnership with power conversion specialist Transphorm to co-develop and co-market gallium nitride (GaN) based products and power system solutions for a variety of high voltage applications in the industrial, computing, telecom and networking sectors. Read more 16nm FinFET technology; TSMC fabs fully-functional networking processor September 25, 2014 TSMC in collaboration with HiSilicon Technologies (Shenzhen, China) has announced that it has produced the foundry segment’s first fully-functional ARM-based networking processor with FinFET technology. Read more Kyocera joins Imec's advanced silicon solar cell program September 24, 2014 Japan's Kyocera Corporation has joined Belgian nanoelectronics research centre imec's industrial affiliation program (IIAP) to advance next-generation crystalline silicon solar cells. Read more Can a liquid battery make renewables more competitive? September 23, 2014 Researchers at MIT are claiming to have improved a proposed liquid battery system that could enable renewable energy sources to compete with conventional power plants. Read more Worldwide capacity of advanced batteries to reach 28,000-MWh in 2023 September 23, 2014 The total worldwide capacity of advanced batteries is expected to grow from 30.4 MWh in 2014 to more than 28,000 MWh in 2023 forecasts market intelligence analyst Navigant Research. Read more Polymer solar cell boosts power generation by 15 percent September 22, 2014 Scientists in the University of Chicago’s chemistry department, the Institute for Molecular Engineering and Argonne National Laboratory have shed new light on solar power generation using devices made with polymers. Read more Breaking the 'electrode barrier' promises lower-cost organic PVs September 22, 2014 For the first time, researchers at the University of Massachusetts Amherst have claimed to have developed a more efficient, easily processable and lightweight solar cell that can use virtually any metal for the electrode, effectively breaking the 'electrode barrier'. Read more Can chewing power wearable devices? September 22, 2014 Researchers, from Sonomax-ÉTS Industrial Research Chair in In-ear Technologies (CRITIAS) at École de technologie supérieure (ÉTS) in Montreal, Canada, have created an energy harvesting chinstrap made from piezoelectric fibre composites (PFC). Read more
MOST POPULAR NEWS
- Quantum dot blinking - a problem solved?
- Using Wi-Fi to power the IoT
- Disposable battery life extender enables batteries last 8x longer
- Can 'designer carbon' boost battery and supercapacitor performance?
- Semisolid innovation trims lithium-ion battery costs by 50 percent
- Samsung and LG: Reshaping the future for rechargeable mobile batteries
- Graphene ultracapacitor claims marketís highest energy density
- Newswatch: Can IKEA make renewable energy payoff?
- NiZn battery is validated for 12-V automotive use
- Electrolyte additives prevent fires in next-generation lithium batteries
- UK start-up gears up to capture UK home energy storage market
- Plant-inspired solar cell design promises improved efficiency
- Franceís largest battery storage to stabilise power grid
- Hydrogen two-seater drives energy efficiency to the limits
- Estonian graphene ultracapacitor pioneer receives 9.8m euros injection
- Battery Management System Tutorial
- High Performance Portable DC Bench Power Supply: Save Money and Free Up Bench Real Estate by Building Your Own
- A Four-Quadrant DC/DC Switching Regulator Smoothly Transitions from Positive to Negative Output Voltages for FPGA and Other Applications
- Investigating Die attach Failure in IGBTs using Power Cycling Tests
- Power Systems Design eBook
- Wireless Power User Guide
- A Novel Approach to Industrial Rectifier Systems