NewsQuantum Materials to expand quantum dot production February 07, 2014 Quantum Materials Corp. (QMC) is to expand production plans for the Tetrapod Quantum Dot (TQD) after securing new funds to acquire and deploy automated equipment. Read more Graphene ribbons deliver 'exceptional' electrical conductivity benefits February 07, 2014 An international research team claim to have produced graphene ribbons in which electrons move freely. Charge mobility in the advanced materials exceeded one million cm2/V.s which makes their electron mobility 1000 times greater than that of the silicon semiconductors. Read more Opinion: Powering wearable devices - watch out for safety first February 07, 2014 Finding an elegant yet safe way of powering wearable devices such as smart watches for extended periods of time has become one of the technology battlegrounds for the big players in the consumer electronics sector like Apple and Samsung. Read more Hydrogen battery aims to replace lithium in battery-powered devices February 07, 2014 Researchers at Melbourne's RMIT University have developed a novel concept battery that advances the potential for hydrogen to replace lithium as an energy source in battery-powered devices. Read more Continental, Infineon widen powertrain activities February 06, 2014 Automotive supplier Continental has announced organisational changes in its powertrain division: The tasks of strategic and technological planning, currently combined in the Strategy and Technology business unit, will be split into two separate entities. At the same time, semiconductor vendor Infineon ... Read more Siva Power nears 19 percent efficiency for CIGS solar panel February 06, 2014 Siva Power (formerly Solexant) has achieved near record efficiency – approaching 19 percent – with the company's CIGS thin film solar panel technology. The company claims to have attained the efficiency of 18.8 percent in a record time of 10 months. Read more Is the battery you sell or specify, a potential safety hazard? February 06, 2014 Test house TÜV SÜD Product Service has introduced a European battery safety testing service, in France and the UK, that will enable manufacturers, importers and retailers demonstrate that their batteries meet quality, performance and safety requirements. Read more Atom scale simulation offers nanoscale film growth benefits February 06, 2014 Researchers at Tyndall National Institute, Ireland, are claiming to have produced the first atom-by-atom simulation of nanoscale film growth by atomic layer deposition (ALD) which opens the way to new ALD processing of materials for solar cells and LED lighting. Read more Wireless charging SDK supports Rezence standard February 05, 2014 At the upcoming Embedded World in Nuremberg, Germany, European distributor Rutronik plans to spotlight Nordic Semiconductor's S120 8-link central protocol stack and the nRF51 Wireless Charging SDK for wireless charging applications based on the Rezence standard. Read more Can gum reduce lithium ion battery fire hazard? February 05, 2014 Researchers at Washington State University have developed a chewing gum-like battery material that is claimed could reduce the fire hazard potential of lithium ion batteries. Read more
MOST POPULAR NEWS
- Is rapid charging batteries really so damaging?
- Study challenges Tesla's figures, predicts battery overcapacity
- Can a liquid battery make renewables more competitive?
- EE Times' annual salary & opinion survey report
- Infineon grabs lead in power MOSFET sector
- Tesla Gigafactory breaks new ground in battery revolution
- Lithium ion batteries: new material multiplies charging capability
- Automotive sensor interface helps BMW manage battery performance
- Defining the EEBus for an efficient European smartgrid
- Breaking the 'electrode barrier' promises lower-cost organic PVs
- Carbon nanotube solar cell advance boosts efficiency performance
- Time to switch to free wireless protocol, says Arveni
- Are more energy-efficient transistors a step closer?
- Nanomaterial energy storage mechanism points to better batteries
- 2D photonic crystal boosts solar energy harvesting potential
- A Novel Approach to Industrial Rectifier Systems
- Smartphone SoC Power Efficiency - DVFS Capacitor Switching
- Power Modules: The New Super Power
- Digital Power Management Reduces Energy Costs While Improving System Performance
- How to Charge Supercapacitor Banks for Energy Storage
- Comparing harmonics mitigation techniques
- New Linear Regulators Solve Old Problems