NewsPowervation funding drive targets digital power IC growth December 23, 2014 Powervation Ltd. has closed a $3.0 million term debt agreement with Ares Capital Corporation that supplements a $4 million private equity financing round. Read more Alstom partners NTU Singapore to develop microgrid solution December 22, 2014 French energy and transport company, Alstom, has signed an agreement with Nanyang Technological University (NTU Singapore) to develop a system to integrate and manage multiple power sources to create a state-of-the-art microgrid power management solution. Read more Graphene oxide discovery helps boost rechargeable batteries December 22, 2014 A Kansas State University engineering team has discovered some of the properties of graphene oxide could help improve sodium- and lithium-ion flexible batteries. Read more Pathway to converting sunlight to electricity is indentified December 19, 2014 A University of Oregon spectroscopy experiment has opened a window on how captured sunlight can be converted into electricity and could inspire devices with improved efficiency in solar energy conversion. Read more World's lowest power capacitive touch solution is revealed December 18, 2014 Atmel Corporation has launched the company's QTouch Surface platform for capacitive touch-enabled user interfaces. Consuming less than 4µA, the QTouch Surface technology is suitable for wearables and battery-powered applications that require a capacitive touch user interface. Read more Smart window tints and acts as transparent battery December 18, 2014 Scientists from Nanyang Technological University (NTU) have developed a smart window which can darken or brighten without the need for an external power source. The window’s stored energy can be used to light up low-powered electronics like a LED. Read more First extreme HPLEDs offer 40 percent system cost reductions December 18, 2014 Cree, Inc. has begun sampling the company's XLamp Extreme High Power (XHP) LEDs, a class of LEDs that enable a system cost reduction of up to 40 percent for lighting applications. Read more Reference design spotlights high-power LED lighting applications December 17, 2014 Power Integrations has introduced a reference design for LED streetlights, high-bay lights and other high-power LED-lighting applications. Read more Graphene wrapper boosts lithium-sulfur battery performance capabilities December 17, 2014 A team of researchers at the University of Cambridge and the Beijing Institute of Technology have developed a multifunctional sulfur cathode at the nanolevel which addresses performance-related issues such as low energy efficiency and capacity degradation. Read more Europe's largest battery-storage project goes operational in the UK December 17, 2014 Europe's largest battery-storage project has become operational at Leighton Buzzard in Bedfordshire, England with S&C Electric Europe, Samsung SDI and Younicos collaborating to deploy the technology onto a United Kingdom Power Networks substation. Read more
MOST POPULAR NEWS
- Daimler to step into the ring against Tesla with own e-car design
- Will DIY spray-on solar cells be a reality soon?
- Porsche reveals prototype battery-driven sports car
- Light-harvesting nanoparticles power solar water-splitting technology
- Transparent coating cools solar cells while boosting efficiency
- Dialog to acquire Atmel for USD4.6bn in IoT push
- Super-battery charges mobile devices in 15 seconds or less
- Hybrid solar panel roof helps slash energy bills
- World efficiency record claimed for both sides-contacted solar cells
- Printed energy harvesting device targets NFC applications
- GaN soon on 8-inch silicon wafers, hopes MACOM
- Report: Cypress preps bid to snatch Atmel from Dialog
- Next-Generation batteries - Can all-silicon anodes be commercially viable?
- Simulator emulates battery performance from full charge to total discharge
- Can electron superhighway drives organic solar panel innovations?
- Determine Balancing Current for the LTC3305 Lead-Acid Battery Balancer
- Testing PSRR with High-Frequency Ripple
- Why Making the Move from a Variable Transformer to a VariPLUS is the Right Decision
- A SEPIC Fed Buck Converter
- Minimizing the Impact of Source Resistance on High-Voltage DC to DC Converters
- Dual Phase Buck Controller Drives High Density 1.2V/60A Supply with Submilliohm DCR Sensing
- Battery Management System Tutorial