TechnologyGraphene wrapper boosts lithium-sulfur battery performance capabilities December 17, 2014 A team of researchers at the University of Cambridge and the Beijing Institute of Technology have developed a multifunctional sulfur cathode at the nanolevel which addresses performance-related issues such as low energy efficiency and capacity degradation. Read more Europe's largest battery-storage project goes operational in the UK December 17, 2014 Europe's largest battery-storage project has become operational at Leighton Buzzard in Bedfordshire, England with S&C Electric Europe, Samsung SDI and Younicos collaborating to deploy the technology onto a United Kingdom Power Networks substation. Read more Heliatek completes world's first BIOPV concrete façade installation December 16, 2014 Dresden-based Heliatek has delivered the first Building Integrated OPV (BIOPV) solar films to China which were directly integrated to concrete façade elements to become the world's first BIOPV concrete façade installation. Read more From 20x faster batteries to spray-on solar cells December 16, 2014 The Top 10 Most Popular Power Management News Stories of 2014 have chiefly focused on technology advances that improved the performance of power sources or lowered their costs. Read more Energy-saving 810-nm IRED unlocks smartphones at a glance December 15, 2014 Biometric unlocking of cell phones and tablet computers is the principal application of the IR Oslux SFH 4780S, the first infrared emitter from Osram Opto Semiconductors with a wavelength of 810 nm. Read more Freescale turns up the power: charges 15-W wirelessly December 13, 2014 Freescale is turning up the power on wireless charging with a new set of receivers and transmitters targeting larger phablets, tablets, and handheld medical equipment. Read more Stacking 2-D materials lowers LED/solar cell manufacturing costs December 12, 2014 Researchers led by North Carolina State University have found that stacking one atom thick materials can create semiconductor junctions that transfer charge efficiently, regardless of whether the crystalline structure of the materials is mismatched. Read more Infineon offers high-power module IP royalty-free, to spread adoption December 11, 2014 Infineon has announced two power module platforms designed to improve the performance of high-voltage IGBTs in voltage classes from 1200V up to 6.5 kV. To make the benefits of the new module broadly available, Infineon is offering a royalty-free license of the design to all providers of IGBT power modules. ... Read more Australian researchers claim solar energy efficiency world record December 09, 2014 Researchers at the University of New South Wales (UNSW) have converted more than 40% of the sunlight hitting a solar system into electricity, the highest efficiency ever reported. Read more Quantum dots are key to spray-on solar cells December 08, 2014 A University of Toronto researcher claims that they have taken step towards spray-on solar cells and in future it may be possible to power your tablet device by wrapping it in cling film. Read more
MOST POPULAR NEWS
- Can your phone batteries keep you secret on the internet?
- Tesla reveals snakebot electric car charger
- Gaming computers: How easy is it to plug the energy blackhole?
- Can hydrogen charge your iPhone for a week?
- Samsung partners MIT to create longer-lasting solid-state rechargeable batteries
- UK Government to trial charge-as-you-drive 'electric motorways'
- Another fusion reactor breakthrough
- Fraunhofer develops cost-effective wireless charging system
- Could nanowire artificial photosynthesis put an end to fracking?
- CEO interview: Ambiq sees broader options for low voltage
- Simplified organic solar cells boost efficiency while lowering costs
- World's smallest emergency phone charger makes Kickstarter debut
- Smarter, lighter car battery replaces lead acid types
- Micro rake doubles efficiency of inexpensive solar cells
- Nanoparticle electrodes offer capacity boost for lithium-ion batteries
- Testing PSRR with High-Frequency Ripple
- Why Making the Move from a Variable Transformer to a VariPLUS is the Right Decision
- A SEPIC Fed Buck Converter
- Minimizing the Impact of Source Resistance on High-Voltage DC to DC Converters
- Dual Phase Buck Controller Drives High Density 1.2V/60A Supply with Submilliohm DCR Sensing
- Battery Management System Tutorial
- High Performance Portable DC Bench Power Supply: Save Money and Free Up Bench Real Estate by Building Your Own