TechnologyHot-carrier solar cells promise efficiency gains and savings January 14, 2015 A research team from the U.S. Department of Energy's Brookhaven National Laboratory and Columbia University have paired up polymers to recover some of the energy lost as heat by producing two electrical charge carriers per unit of light. Read more Are next generation EV batteries a step closer? January 13, 2015 Chemistry Professor Linda Nazar and her research team at the Faculty of Science at the University of Waterloo claim to have discovered a material that maintains a rechargeable sulphur cathode which overcomes a hurdle to building a lithium-sulphur (Li-S) battery. Read more Microsemi collaborates with STMicroelectronics to develop EV car charger January 12, 2015 Microsemi Corporation has collaborated with STMicroelectronics to create an electric vehicle car charger solution using Microsemi's innovative PLC line driver. Read more Silver matrix electrodes boost lithium-based battery discharge rates January 12, 2015 Researchers at the U.S. Department of Energy's Brookhaven National Laboratory and Stony Brook University have used x-rays to map the changing atomic architecture of a lithium-based battery silver vanadium diphosphate electrodes to reveal a link to the battery's discharge rate. Read more Long life aluminium-air battery resolves rechargeable challenges January 08, 2015 Fuji Pigment Co. Ltd., has developed a new type of aluminium-air battery which is rechargeable by refilling salty or normal water. The battery has a modified structure which ensures longer battery lifetime. Read more World's first G.fast reverse power feeding is demonstrated January 08, 2015 Microsemi Corporation and Sckipio Technologies have revealed the first demonstration of reverse power feeding over G.fast broadband access network infrastructure at the International CES tradeshow in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA. Read more The future of wireless TV: No screen January 08, 2015 At CES 2015, Chinese company Hisense has set its sights on TV entering the "No-screen Era" Read more Piloted driving takes centre stage at Audi's CES presentation January 07, 2015 Carmaker Audi opened the Consumer Electronics Show with a particular bang: A sedan prototype drove all the way from the Silicon Valley to Las Vegas under computer control. Journalists were admitted to take the driver's seat but could relax and watch the sensors and algorithms to steer the vehicle across ... Read more Will wireless charging merger accelerate global deployment? January 07, 2015 Two of the major wireless charging advocate groups, The Alliance for Wireless Power (A4WP) and Power Matters Alliance (PMA), have agreed to merge. Read more Solar-powered radio chip monitors windows to save energy January 06, 2015 Researchers from the Fraunhofer Institute for Microelectronic Circuits and Systems IMS in Duisburg have developed a radio sensor chip about the size of a fingernail that is mounted directly in a window. The sensor is coated with a solar cell to provide power. Read more
MOST POPULAR NEWS
- Daimler to step into the ring against Tesla with own e-car design
- Will DIY spray-on solar cells be a reality soon?
- Porsche reveals prototype battery-driven sports car
- Light-harvesting nanoparticles power solar water-splitting technology
- Transparent coating cools solar cells while boosting efficiency
- Dialog to acquire Atmel for USD4.6bn in IoT push
- Super-battery charges mobile devices in 15 seconds or less
- Hybrid solar panel roof helps slash energy bills
- World efficiency record claimed for both sides-contacted solar cells
- DC-DC Conversion Handbook on GaN
- GaN soon on 8-inch silicon wafers, hopes MACOM
- Report: Cypress preps bid to snatch Atmel from Dialog
- Next-Generation batteries - Can all-silicon anodes be commercially viable?
- Simulator emulates battery performance from full charge to total discharge
- Can electron superhighway drives organic solar panel innovations?
- Determine Balancing Current for the LTC3305 Lead-Acid Battery Balancer
- Testing PSRR with High-Frequency Ripple
- Why Making the Move from a Variable Transformer to a VariPLUS is the Right Decision
- A SEPIC Fed Buck Converter
- Minimizing the Impact of Source Resistance on High-Voltage DC to DC Converters
- Dual Phase Buck Controller Drives High Density 1.2V/60A Supply with Submilliohm DCR Sensing
- Battery Management System Tutorial