ADD Semiconductor is first to achieve PRIME certification for powerline communications in smart metering
Equipment from ADD has successfully completed the certification process defined by the PRIME Alliance Certification Task Group, and its products are now certified as entirely compliant with PRIME specifications. The certification process was performed by Labein-TECNALIA, one of the independent certification entities authorized by PRIME Alliance.
The PRIME Alliance is an industrial consortium focused on the development of an open, public and non-proprietary telecom solution that will support smart metering functionalities and progress the implementation of the 'smart grid' globally. The Alliance has put forth specifications for powerline communications that allows for utilities companies to safely pick technologies from different vendors to achieve the best solution for their needs, and PRIME certification guarantees interoperability.
ADD semiconductor is a founding member of the PRIME Alliance, which involves utilities, meter manufacturers, silicon providers, research institutes, system integrators, covering the complete smart grid scenario.
Guillaume d'Eyssautier, CEO at ADD Semiconductor, commented, " With this certification, ADD Semiconductor substantiates the performance of its PRIME solution, which will be further reinforced with imminent real-world deployments.
Related link: www.addsemi.com
- Push button reboot controller draws 0.01μA in standby
- Silicon IP builds high-performance power metering blocks for smart metering
- Infineon Technologies completes International Rectifier acquisition
- ROHM extends Rutronik’s franchise to a global agreement
- ZigBee radio chip supports Smart Home/IoT capabilities
- Qorvo emerges as a leader in RF
- GaN: The dawn of a new era?
- Precision op amps are aimed at IoT
- Low-power, “always listening” voice detection/recognition on FPGA
- PFC AC-DC drivers focus on LED lighting applications
- 15-Watt Qi-compliant device enebles ultra-fast wireless recharging
- Micro DC/DC converter integrates coil for EMI-sensitive wearables
- Multi-channel driver and inverter IPMs for industrial, white goods and consumer
- Bluetooth Smart platform brings cars to the Internet of Things
- Dual-band IEEE 802.15.4g-2012 compliant transceiver supports Smart Energy
- First round-the-world solar plane flight prepares for take-off
- Are next generation EV batteries a step closer?
- Are power management researchers really 21st century alchemists?
- Overcoming patient leakage current issues
- Long life aluminium-air battery resolves rechargeable challenges
- Solar-powered radio chip monitors windows to save energy
- How to measure capacity versus bias voltage on MLCCs
- Conquering the 'kink' in sub-threshold power MOSFET behavior: A simple compact modeling approach
- Bamboo bike uses peddle power to recharge smartphones
- Apple Watch spurs wireless charging growth in 2015
- Hybrid fuel cell advance boosts power by 20 percent
- LED buck regulator with current-mode control simplifies compensation
- Product How-to: Ultra-low noise linear regulators for powering PLL/VCO and clocking ICs
- Improved dendrite formation control helps lithium batteries last longer
- Multi-crystalline silicon PV module claims power output world record
- Investigating Die attach Failure in IGBTs using Power Cycling Tests
- Power Systems Design eBook
- Wireless Power User Guide
- A Novel Approach to Industrial Rectifier Systems
- Smartphone SoC Power Efficiency - DVFS Capacitor Switching
- Power Modules: The New Super Power
- Digital Power Management Reduces Energy Costs While Improving System Performance