ADI extends online education series with webcast to sharpen fundamental design skills
During the webcast, Kress will review the concepts of physical signals and explore why and how they must be changed into analog electrical signals, and how they can be processed for the highest reproduced accuracy.
"The education, training and technical support that today's engineers are seeking is as varied as their product designs," said David Robertson, vice president, Analog Technology, Analog Devices. "Whether they are expert, intermediate, or just getting started with a new technology, engineers know that design optimization isn't just about silicon and using a search engine to find a part; it requires continuous learning to successfully solve design challenges in today’s fast paced, resource constrained world"
The Fundamentals webcast series is offered monthly throughout 2011 and covers signal chain design challenges from signal capture to conditioning, conversion and processing. Each is followed by a Q&A with a technical expert.
January: Sensors and How to Use Them - The webcast reviews the concepts of physical signals and explores why and how they must be changed into analog electrical signals, and how they can be processed for the highest reproduced accuracy.
February: The Op Amp – The webcast explores the difference between voltage-feedback and current-feedback amplifiers, when to choose one or the other, understanding offset and trim and other specifications that impact operation and how to maximize amplifier efficiency.
March: Beyond the Op Amp – This webcast examines when to use various amplifiers and how to select them. Op amps are the most common building block, but there are many other amps that are better suited for certain applications and circuits, such as the difference amp, instrumentation amp, log amp, and others.
April: Converters, Part 1, Understanding Sampled Data Systems
May: Converters, Part 2, Digital-to-Analog Converters
June: Converters, Part 3, Analog-to-Digital Converters
July: Powering Your Circuit
August: RF – Making Your Circuit Mobile
September: Fundamentals of DSP/Embedded System Design
October: Challenges in Industrial Design
November: Tips and Tricks for Laying Out Your PC board
December: Final Exam – Ask Analog Devices
ADI's Sensors and How to Use Them webcast is airing on January 12, 2011, noon EST.
To access the archive of this webcast after January 12, visit: www.analog.com/webcasts
Visit Analog Devices at www.analog.com
- High-voltage inrush/overcurrent input protection device
- World's first dual-screen smartphone extends battery life
- High-integration Bluetooth Low Energy IC from Cypress
- Bluetooth Smart platform brings cars to the Internet of Things
- Low-voltage MOSFETs optimise footprint with dual-sided cooling packages
- Fastest, most accurate and lowest-power high-temp SAR ADC, claims ADI
- USB, LAN power sensors offer world's widest dynamic range
- Pin-shaped lithium ion battery targets wearable device market
- ADI’s efficient power drivers for 12-, 14- and 16-bit ADCs
- US FDA recognizes two UL battery safety standards
- Modular vector signal tester speeds power amplifier design
- AMS, Dialog merger talks fail
- 2-W wireless power receiver for wearable devices
- AMS, Dialog confirm merger talks
- High-performance Blackfin processors optimized for power-constrained intelligent lighting
- From 20x faster batteries to spray-on solar cells
- The benefits of the coupled inductor technology
- French-German collaborators claim solar cell efficiency world record
- Can Fool's gold reduce the cost of solar cells?
- Vicor extends “component power” concepts with VIA package
- BMW and Tesla look at car battery alliance
- Electrostatic potential technique harvests more of the sun’s energy
- Australian researchers claim solar energy efficiency world record
- Death to "half-power handsets"
- Product How-to: Power supply Black Box revolutionizes customer diagnostics
- EnOcean eyes the consumer market
- New electrolyte promises cheaper high efficiency magnesium-sulfur batteries
- Do electric vehicle batteries on the grid make sense?
- How does a Blu-ray disc improve solar cell performance?
- Heliatek completes world's first BIOPV concrete façade installation
- Power Systems Design eBook
- Wireless Power User Guide
- A Novel Approach to Industrial Rectifier Systems
- Smartphone SoC Power Efficiency - DVFS Capacitor Switching
- Power Modules: The New Super Power
- Digital Power Management Reduces Energy Costs While Improving System Performance
- How to Charge Supercapacitor Banks for Energy Storage