Advanced digital power controller targets high efficiency, isolated power supplies
A flexible controller with seven PWM (pulse width modulation) logic outputs, the ADP1046 can be easily programmed using an easy-to-use graphic user interface (GUI) with I2C interface. The device can be used to control and drive most power supply topologies including resonant mode for high efficiency. The ADP1046 is pin-compatible with ADI's award winning ADP1043A but offers advanced features and greater flexibility, including voltage feed-forward for fast line transient response; dedicated control loop configuration to improve loop response and reduce output noise; and adaptive dead-time control for enhanced efficiency across the entire load range. The ADP1046 is specifically designed for high efficiency AC-to-DC power supplies used in server, storage and networking applications and isolated DC-to-DC supplies including intermediate bus and radio power amplifier applications.
The ADP1046 power controller is easily programmed using an intuitive graphical-user interface which enables customers to design and optimise robust systems without the complex code programming required by alternative DSP (digital signal processor) based devices. The I2C interface allows read-back of key parametric data and enables extensive programmability of operation and fault handling. Based on Analog Devices' precision, high speed A/D converter technology, the ADP1046 is suited to parallel and redundant power supply operation and offers analog and digital current sharing functions and control of the external OR-FET for redundant power supply applications.
The ADP1046 digital controller is designed to complement the high-speed MOSFET drivers and ADI's i Coupler digital isolators in isolated power systems, and the ADP1047 and ADP1048 power factor correction digital controllers in AC-to-DC systems. These devices facilitate easy implementation of intelligent power management for greater energy efficiency.
Availability and Pricing
The ADP1046 digital power controller packaged in a 32-lead LFCSP is available now priced at $4.50 per 1000 devices.
More information about the ADP1046 controller at www.analog.com/ADP1046
- Power capacitor addresses e-mobility
- Multi-channel load sink driver consumes 12x less power
- LDO regulator has ultra-low noise, high PSRR, for sensitive RF applications
- Bluetooth SoCs target ultra-low power Blue Gecko applications
- Single output, 5-20W medically approved power supplies
- Power factor correction boost controller achieves 0.99 PF
- High-voltage resonant controller with PFC for LED drivers
- LED power supply market to triple in next five years
- 800W, micro redundant industrial PC power supply in 1-U space
- 200W DC/DC has ultra-wide output voltage range for radio PA applications
- SMD DC-DC converters uprate efficiency, isolation and temperature range
- WPC extends capabilities of Qi wireless power standard
- Power supply design tool is offered as cloud-based app
- Voltage optimisation innovation provides renewable energy at peak times
- High power LNA can be tuned to cover 700 to 3800 MHz
- How to ground and power complex circuits
- Low EMI automotive power designs
- World’s first polychrome organic solar module is revealed
- Envelope Tracking Modulator with quad power IC and FPGA control
- Simple analog ASIC solves difficult thermal analysis problems
- Power supply de-rating in practice
- LDO design techniques for small spaces
- Will energy-harvesting 3D printed trees charge your smartphone?
- Ultra-low power system for wearable devices
- Can 'baking powder' effect boost solar cell efficiencies?
- Plugging solar cell pinholes key to perovskite performance
- Challenges in battery management for hybrid/electric vehicles
- Tesla reveals plans to target household energy-storage market
- Shrimp shells provide cheap sustainable solar cell material
- Optimized perovskite films claim record power conversion efficiencies
- A Four-Quadrant DC/DC Switching Regulator Smoothly Transitions from Positive to Negative Output Voltages for FPGA and Other Applications
- Investigating Die attach Failure in IGBTs using Power Cycling Tests
- Power Systems Design eBook
- Wireless Power User Guide
- A Novel Approach to Industrial Rectifier Systems
- Smartphone SoC Power Efficiency - DVFS Capacitor Switching
- Power Modules: The New Super Power