Advanced digital power controller targets high efficiency, isolated power supplies
A flexible controller with seven PWM (pulse width modulation) logic outputs, the ADP1046 can be easily programmed using an easy-to-use graphic user interface (GUI) with I2C interface. The device can be used to control and drive most power supply topologies including resonant mode for high efficiency. The ADP1046 is pin-compatible with ADI's award winning ADP1043A but offers advanced features and greater flexibility, including voltage feed-forward for fast line transient response; dedicated control loop configuration to improve loop response and reduce output noise; and adaptive dead-time control for enhanced efficiency across the entire load range. The ADP1046 is specifically designed for high efficiency AC-to-DC power supplies used in server, storage and networking applications and isolated DC-to-DC supplies including intermediate bus and radio power amplifier applications.
The ADP1046 power controller is easily programmed using an intuitive graphical-user interface which enables customers to design and optimise robust systems without the complex code programming required by alternative DSP (digital signal processor) based devices. The I2C interface allows read-back of key parametric data and enables extensive programmability of operation and fault handling. Based on Analog Devices' precision, high speed A/D converter technology, the ADP1046 is suited to parallel and redundant power supply operation and offers analog and digital current sharing functions and control of the external OR-FET for redundant power supply applications.
The ADP1046 digital controller is designed to complement the high-speed MOSFET drivers and ADI's i Coupler digital isolators in isolated power systems, and the ADP1047 and ADP1048 power factor correction digital controllers in AC-to-DC systems. These devices facilitate easy implementation of intelligent power management for greater energy efficiency.
Availability and Pricing
The ADP1046 digital power controller packaged in a 32-lead LFCSP is available now priced at $4.50 per 1000 devices.
More information about the ADP1046 controller at www.analog.com/ADP1046
- Power-over-Ethernet meets LED lighting: Application note
- European Space Agency to send ultracapacitors into orbit
- Power multiplexer ICs for mobile devices
- UPS remote monitoring system IoT technology platform
- IKEA embeds wireless power transmitters in furniture and lamps
- Cadence/Tensilica shapes DSP IP for low-energy SoC implementations
- 1W DC-DC converters boost isolation levels
- High-integration power management ICs targets portable computing devices
- Newswatch: ARM seeks energy harvesting edge in IoT push
- GPTG agrees global distribution deal with Digi-Key
- 10W charger design for smart mobile devices meets latest specs
- The ultimate 'Selfie' solution: A self-powered video camera
- 200W, 98%, buck-boost regulators in 10x14mm module format
- Harvesting energy from electromagnetic waves
- Charging discovery opens new class of organic electronic devices
- Bias power made easy
- Revealed - The real impact of battery bounce testing
- Will energy-saving lightbulb become graphene's first commercial success?
- How to get higher efficiency at lower loads: A new LLC platform makes it possible
- Polymer discovery paves way for low-cost ultrafast batteries
- Has Google entered the battle for next-generation batteries?
- Medical devices: Where wireless charging has real impact
- WPT breaks all connections, Part 3
- Quick-charging hybrid supercapacitor trumps thin-film lithium battery
- Can fast-charging aluminum-ion battery dampen safety fears?
- Power grids - How many EVs can be charged simultaneoulsy?
- Will metal-free catalyst lower rechargeable zinc-air battery costs?
- Power management design for single-cell battery system
- How can iron fluoride triple energy storage in batteries?
- Can magnesium ions finally break the lithium battery stranglehold?
- Battery Management System Tutorial
- High Performance Portable DC Bench Power Supply: Save Money and Free Up Bench Real Estate by Building Your Own
- A Four-Quadrant DC/DC Switching Regulator Smoothly Transitions from Positive to Negative Output Voltages for FPGA and Other Applications
- Investigating Die attach Failure in IGBTs using Power Cycling Tests
- Power Systems Design eBook
- Wireless Power User Guide
- A Novel Approach to Industrial Rectifier Systems