Anritsu VectorStar used by Modelithics to validate performance of broadband diode models
Two-port series S-parameter measurements were made using the ME7838A and on-board probing with calibration reference at the component pad-stacks to validate the model's performance from DC to 125 GHz.
The ME7838A was used to generate ultra-broadband S-parameter data that was used in combination with DC I-V, RF resistance versus current, and harmonic power measurements made from separate instrument setups to develop and validate state-of-the-art non-linear mm-wave schottky diode models. The ME7838A was selected because of its wide frequency coverage from 70 kHz to 125 GHz, as well as its excellent dynamic range, measurement speed, and calibration and measurement stability.
"We are very excited about the technical advances represented by what we believe to be the broadest band non-linear diode models developed to date. The overall performance of the Anritsu ME7838A VNA system allowed us to acquire the 125 GHz broadband data very efficiently to enable advancement of models that not only fit this broadband data set well, but that also provided excellent agreement to independently obtain non-linear harmonic power validations," said John Fisher, Vice President of Operations at Modelithics.
"The Anritsu VectorStar ME7838A Broadband System helps design and modeling engineers develop and validate advanced developments, such as the models from Modelithics. It provides the frequency coverage and measurement capability necessary for verifying the ever-growing complex designs at microwave and millimeter wave frequencies," said Donn Mulder, Anritsu Senior VP and General Manager of the Microwave Measurements Division.
- Control hot-swap USB loads with 0.2A power switch
- Super-fast switching diodes with ultra-low leakage
- Precision power analyzer claims world's highest power measurement accuracy
- GreenTouch improves energy efficiency in wireless networks by more than 10,000 times
- Step-down DC/DC boosts efficiency in portables
- 1.9W Class-D audio amplifier delivers high SPL for low power drain
- Perovskites: Can focusing on 'dark' flaws boost efficiencies?
- Low operating-current shunt regulator betters 431 specs, replaces Zeners
- Solid state thin film battery market takes off driven by wireless sensor networks
- Single-channel comparator extends battery life in low-voltage portable devices
- Fast charge developers kit speeds ultrathin supercapacitor prototyping
- Graphene-based solar cells and LEDs take step closer
- 150V diodes combine switching speed and softness
- Multi-channel load sink driver consumes 12x less power
- 74-series glue logic functions push down power consumption
- Boeing issues fire hazard warning from lithium battery bulk shipments
- Power grid pilot highlights Europe's battery storage failings
- Smart meters can destabilize grid, study says
- Solar cell splits water to make fuel
- Solar powered flight smashes long distance records
- IBM slashes next-gen power
- Battery overheating stalls solar plane record attempt
- World first: Samsung monitor integrates inbuilt wireless charging
- Electric double-decker buses lead London's zero emission drive
- Perovskite solar cells - can production costs be lowered?
- Powering wearables: Are niobium nanowire supercapacitors the answer?
- Li-ion battery to power search for life on Mars
- Artificial light harvester reveals quantum physics of efficient photosynthesis
- Graphene nanoribbon could deliver power control for ships to smartphones
- Battery-powered aircraft crosses the Alps
- Dual Phase Buck Controller Drives High Density 1.2V/60A Supply with Submilliohm DCR Sensing
- Battery Management System Tutorial
- High Performance Portable DC Bench Power Supply: Save Money and Free Up Bench Real Estate by Building Your Own
- A Four-Quadrant DC/DC Switching Regulator Smoothly Transitions from Positive to Negative Output Voltages for FPGA and Other Applications
- Investigating Die attach Failure in IGBTs using Power Cycling Tests
- Power Systems Design eBook
- Wireless Power User Guide