CEI launches new bus bar division for customised solutions
CEI has manufactured single conductor bus bars and multi-layer bus bar assemblies for select customers for a number of years and is now offering its bus bar design and manufacturing services commercially for the first time.
CEI's bus bar division will build upon the company's 45 years of experience designing and manufacturing high-voltage assemblies and mica paper capacitors for the military, aerospace and commercial markets. CEI's quality assurance systems are AS9100 and ISO 9001:2000 certified. The new bus bar division will manufacture custom bus bars, bus bar assemblies and complete energy storage solutions according to customer specifications. As an option, engineers from CEI can assist customers during the design process to ensure quality, reliability and desired electrical performance goals are achieved.
Bus bars are an essential part of most systems intended to generate, harvest, condition, store and use energy. CEI's bus bar products are intended for use in applications that include: industrial motor drives, distribution switchgear, military weapons systems and numerous electric train and heavy equipment applications.
"CEI has decades of electrical engineering and manufacturing experience, and we're well-known for the quality of our capacitors," explained Ken Brandmier, director of new product development at CEI. "Bus bars and capacitors have much in common in terms of technology and application; it makes perfect sense that bus bars become our next commercial product line, and we're looking forward to supplying our products to a much broader market."
CEI bus bar assemblies enable users to lower system volume, reduce electrical stress on expensive components and improve system reliability, all while reducing the overall assembly and lifecycle-support costs of electrical systems. The CEI bus bar division will offer customer design assistance, short run and low-to-high volume production, electrical and environmental testing, and component installation.
Bus bar assemblies
- Samsung SDI forges microgrid systems alliance with ABB
- Innovate UK pumps funding into lithium sulfur battery R&D
- WiFi and Bluetooth combo module
- Graphitic carbon electrodes promise more efficient energy storage
- Wireless power receiver shortens charging times, improves thermal performance
- Carbon and iron-based electrocatalyst offers cost-effective platinum rival
- Will energy-harvesting 3D printed trees charge your smartphone?
- Tesla reveals plans to target household energy-storage market
- Voltage optimisation innovation provides renewable energy at peak times
- KEMET releases world's first 250-V 0402 C0G ceramic capacitors
- Magna-Power Electronics opens sales office in the UK
- Chinese power supply manufacturer appoints Luso for UK sales
- SMBus Version 3.0 offers improved power management performance
- Renesas MCUs cut power demand in domestic/industrial sensing
- AEG clinches on-board battery charger order for German railway
- High efficiency resonant mode implementation using digital control
- A simple method for determining the optimal operating point of an LED
- Can Dyson clean up in the battery sector?
- IKEA and Samsung back Qi wireless charging advance
- Data-acquisition: The key to a smart electrical grid
- WPT breaks all connections, Part 1
- Solar-powered plane completes first leg of global record attempt
- Battery-less IoT connectivity enabled by low-power & multi-standard wireless MCU
- Solar plane passes new test ahead of planned world tour
- Lithium battery shipments on passenger planes face ban
- Real-time power GaN waveform monitoring
- Lithium storage principle offers higher energy storage densities
- Advantages of power blocks for high-current POLs
- Is UK Government cutting solar subsidies too soon?
- Cheaper ultrathin perovskite solar cells target commerical viability
- High Performance Portable DC Bench Power Supply: Save Money and Free Up Bench Real Estate by Building Your Own
- A Four-Quadrant DC/DC Switching Regulator Smoothly Transitions from Positive to Negative Output Voltages for FPGA and Other Applications
- Investigating Die attach Failure in IGBTs using Power Cycling Tests
- Power Systems Design eBook
- Wireless Power User Guide
- A Novel Approach to Industrial Rectifier Systems
- Smartphone SoC Power Efficiency - DVFS Capacitor Switching