CEI launches new bus bar division for customised solutions
CEI has manufactured single conductor bus bars and multi-layer bus bar assemblies for select customers for a number of years and is now offering its bus bar design and manufacturing services commercially for the first time.
CEI's bus bar division will build upon the company's 45 years of experience designing and manufacturing high-voltage assemblies and mica paper capacitors for the military, aerospace and commercial markets. CEI's quality assurance systems are AS9100 and ISO 9001:2000 certified. The new bus bar division will manufacture custom bus bars, bus bar assemblies and complete energy storage solutions according to customer specifications. As an option, engineers from CEI can assist customers during the design process to ensure quality, reliability and desired electrical performance goals are achieved.
Bus bars are an essential part of most systems intended to generate, harvest, condition, store and use energy. CEI's bus bar products are intended for use in applications that include: industrial motor drives, distribution switchgear, military weapons systems and numerous electric train and heavy equipment applications.
"CEI has decades of electrical engineering and manufacturing experience, and we're well-known for the quality of our capacitors," explained Ken Brandmier, director of new product development at CEI. "Bus bars and capacitors have much in common in terms of technology and application; it makes perfect sense that bus bars become our next commercial product line, and we're looking forward to supplying our products to a much broader market."
CEI bus bar assemblies enable users to lower system volume, reduce electrical stress on expensive components and improve system reliability, all while reducing the overall assembly and lifecycle-support costs of electrical systems. The CEI bus bar division will offer customer design assistance, short run and low-to-high volume production, electrical and environmental testing, and component installation.
Bus bar assemblies
- UPS remote monitoring system IoT technology platform
- GaN LNA meets need for high RF power survivability
- Newswatch: ARM seeks energy harvesting edge in IoT push
- Harvesting energy from electromagnetic waves
- Europe’s first commercial Li-ion ESS deployment supports Faroe wind farm
- Energy harvesters power wearables
- Rechargeable NiMH battery modules support power systems integrators
- High power low-pass filters handle up to 2500 W
- Automatically-compensated digital PoL controller matches analogue loop performance
- Europe leads PV uptake charts as global growth continues
- Samsung SDI forges microgrid systems alliance with ABB
- Innovate UK pumps funding into lithium sulfur battery R&D
- WiFi and Bluetooth combo module
- Graphitic carbon electrodes promise more efficient energy storage
- Wireless power receiver shortens charging times, improves thermal performance
- Bias power made easy
- Revealed - The real impact of battery bounce testing
- Will energy-saving lightbulb become graphene's first commercial success?
- Polymer discovery paves way for low-cost ultrafast batteries
- How to get higher efficiency at lower loads: A new LLC platform makes it possible
- Has Google entered the battle for next-generation batteries?
- Medical devices: Where wireless charging has real impact
- WPT breaks all connections, Part 3
- Quick-charging hybrid supercapacitor trumps thin-film lithium battery
- Can fast-charging aluminum-ion battery dampen safety fears?
- Power grids - How many EVs can be charged simultaneoulsy?
- Will metal-free catalyst lower rechargeable zinc-air battery costs?
- Power management design for single-cell battery system
- How can iron fluoride triple energy storage in batteries?
- MIT pinpoints promising pathways for solar photovoltaic power
- Battery Management System Tutorial
- High Performance Portable DC Bench Power Supply: Save Money and Free Up Bench Real Estate by Building Your Own
- A Four-Quadrant DC/DC Switching Regulator Smoothly Transitions from Positive to Negative Output Voltages for FPGA and Other Applications
- Investigating Die attach Failure in IGBTs using Power Cycling Tests
- Power Systems Design eBook
- Wireless Power User Guide
- A Novel Approach to Industrial Rectifier Systems