Class-D amplifier device reduces distortion and prevents early phone software shutdown
Suitable for use in mobile handsets, smart phones, and tablets, as well as portable media players, the FAB3103 has an integrated boost regulator that allows for high audio output power over a power supply range of 2.5 V to 5.2 V from a 3.6 V Li-Ion battery.
At low power output, the device’s boost regulator automatically shuts down for greater efficiency and lower quiescent current consumption, resulting in longer battery runtime. The FAB3103 audio amplifier also features battery automatic gain control (AGC) that reduces gain when the power supply voltage is low in order to limit maximum power consumption, reducing distortion and preventing early device shutdown.
Availability and Pricing
Available in a 12-bump, WL-CSP, the FAB3103 device also offers several protection features including short circuit protection, low voltage shutdown, and click and pop suppression. Additionally, the low EMI design of the device allows for filterless operation with high noise rejection using differential audio inputs, improving sound quality. The device is priced at $0.44 in 1,000 quantity pieces.
Visit Fairchild Semiconductor at www.fairchildsemi.com
- Can flow battery advance lower urban power costs?
- Power capacitor addresses e-mobility
- Low power, USB Type-C charger & device reference designs from Lattice
- Multi-channel load sink driver consumes 12x less power
- Battery analytics solution trims battery-related return costs
- LDO regulator has ultra-low noise, high PSRR, for sensitive RF applications
- Bluetooth SoCs target ultra-low power Blue Gecko applications
- Single output, 5-20W medically approved power supplies
- Power factor correction boost controller achieves 0.99 PF
- Silicon carbide semiconductor switches enhance energy efficiency
- Silicon nanofiber boosts battery range performance of EVs
- LED power supply market to triple in next five years
- 800W, micro redundant industrial PC power supply in 1-U space
- 200W DC/DC has ultra-wide output voltage range for radio PA applications
- SMD DC-DC converters uprate efficiency, isolation and temperature range
- How to ground and power complex circuits
- Low EMI automotive power designs
- World’s first polychrome organic solar module is revealed
- Envelope Tracking Modulator with quad power IC and FPGA control
- Simple analog ASIC solves difficult thermal analysis problems
- Power supply de-rating in practice
- LDO design techniques for small spaces
- Will energy-harvesting 3D printed trees charge your smartphone?
- Ultra-low power system for wearable devices
- Can 'baking powder' effect boost solar cell efficiencies?
- Plugging solar cell pinholes key to perovskite performance
- Challenges in battery management for hybrid/electric vehicles
- Tesla reveals plans to target household energy-storage market
- Shrimp shells provide cheap sustainable solar cell material
- Optimized perovskite films claim record power conversion efficiencies
- A Four-Quadrant DC/DC Switching Regulator Smoothly Transitions from Positive to Negative Output Voltages for FPGA and Other Applications
- Investigating Die attach Failure in IGBTs using Power Cycling Tests
- Power Systems Design eBook
- Wireless Power User Guide
- A Novel Approach to Industrial Rectifier Systems
- Smartphone SoC Power Efficiency - DVFS Capacitor Switching
- Power Modules: The New Super Power