Design centerHow to maximize the benefit of PFC technology for utility customers July 02, 2012 Yucheng Zhang, Roger A. Dougal, Electrical Engineering University of South Carolina; Sean Burke, Glacial Energy Holdings, ... Read more Selecting the right battery July 02, 2012 Pushek Madaan and Rajiv Badiger of Cypress consider different types of rechargeable batteries and compare the selection ... Read more Mechatronic approach facilitates automotive electric motor control June 25, 2012 Giovanni Torrisi, STMicroelectronics explains how a mechatronic control architecture can simplify the electrical distribution ... Read more Highly efficient LED drivers provide intelligent lighting solutions June 25, 2012 "Smart home", "smart metering" or "smart grid" are the actual keywords for a new type of intelligent ... Read more Power Tip 48: Tame conducted common-mode emissions in isolated switchers – Part 2 June 19, 2012 Robert Kollman of Texas Instruments continues our discussion of common-mode currents which started in Power Tip 47. Read more Developing an ultra high intercept last gain stage to a 14-bit high SFDR ADC (Part 1 of 2) June 18, 2012 Part 1 of this series will describe the individual ADC and amplifier characteristics, show a proposed 19dB gain interface ... Read more Thread synchronization techniques for better multicore system power/performance tradeoffs June 18, 2012 Faheem Sheikh of Mentor Graphics considers a scenario where a symmetrical multiprocessing (SMP) RTOS, multicore hardware, ... Read more Power-aware emulation tests power islands June 11, 2012 Ludovic Larzul - Vice President of Engineering, EVE explains how power-aware emulation tests can be used to power islands ... Read more A design to generate UAV electrical power in flight June 11, 2012 Guy Wagner, Electronic Cooling Solutions, and Travis Mikjaniecn, Mentor Graphics explains how exhaust-heat thermoelectric ... Read more Supercaps can be a good choice over batteries for backup applications June 10, 2012 Steve Knoth of Linear Technology Corporation outlines why supercapacitors can be a good choice compared with batteries for ... Read more
MOST POPULAR NEWS
- Can your phone batteries keep you secret on the internet?
- Tesla reveals snakebot electric car charger
- Can hydrogen charge your iPhone for a week?
- Butterflies help boost solar panel power by 50 per cent
- Samsung partners MIT to create longer-lasting solid-state rechargeable batteries
- UK Government to trial charge-as-you-drive 'electric motorways'
- 'Aqueous solar flow' battery 20 percent more efficient than lithium-iodine batteries
- Could nanowire artificial photosynthesis put an end to fracking?
- Simplified organic solar cells boost efficiency while lowering costs
- CEO interview: Ambiq sees broader options for low voltage
- World's smallest emergency phone charger makes Kickstarter debut
- Micro rake doubles efficiency of inexpensive solar cells
- Smarter, lighter car battery replaces lead acid types
- Nanoparticle electrodes offer capacity boost for lithium-ion batteries
- Could aluminium be solar cell technology's new silver lining?
- Why Making the Move from a Variable Transformer to a VariPLUS is the Right Decision
- A SEPIC Fed Buck Converter
- Minimizing the Impact of Source Resistance on High-Voltage DC to DC Converters
- Dual Phase Buck Controller Drives High Density 1.2V/60A Supply with Submilliohm DCR Sensing
- Battery Management System Tutorial
- High Performance Portable DC Bench Power Supply: Save Money and Free Up Bench Real Estate by Building Your Own
- A Four-Quadrant DC/DC Switching Regulator Smoothly Transitions from Positive to Negative Output Voltages for FPGA and Other Applications