Digital AC LED lighting and communications developer’s kit
It comes with software allowing designers to create lighting products featuring full dimming, remote connectivity and efficient power stage design perfect for street, outdoor, commercial, industrial, and entertainment lighting applications. A separate plug-in compatible, Piccolo MCU Power Line Communications (PLC) Add-on Kit further allows developers to experiment with development of PLC-based lighting designs. The package provides a differentiated platform for AC mains-powered, intelligent luminaries with an efficient and full-featured LED lighting power supply design for higher energy efficiencies, reduced manufacturing costs and product adaptability to varying design and implementation needs.
Hardware and software support for remote connectivity walks developers through implementation examples of leading lighting communications protocols such as DALI, DMX512 and PLC. The kit allows independent and multi-string dimming up to 250W, fault management, light balancing, dimming profiles, data logging and more. With Piccolo MCU-based power supply and lighting control, designers need only one design to support multiple end product classes. Users can leave the power stages unchanged and simply adjust the number of LED strings to create a full product family.
More information at www.ti.com/piccolo-led-pr-pf-eu
Visit Texas Instruments at www.ti.com
- Smart window tints and acts as transparent battery
- Reference design spotlights high-power LED lighting applications
- PFC AC-DC drivers focus on LED lighting applications
- Energy-saving 810-nm IRED unlocks smartphones at a glance
- Ambiq Micro raises USD15m to accelerate ultra-low power IC developments
- Connector solution supports DMX lighting-control protocol
- TI expands smart grid G3-PLC compliant solutions
- Automotive MCU system power supplies for idling-stop systems
- Pixel chip sparks energy-efficient intelligent LED headlamps
- 200-mA power supply supports 64 DALI device network
- LEDs face power-saving rival based on carbon nanotubes
- LED power supply meets EMI global lighting standards
- Electron innovation prolongs power in mobile devices
- Small footprint boost controller simplifies LED backlighting
- Exar merges with iML to target display solutions
- From 20x faster batteries to spray-on solar cells
- The benefits of the coupled inductor technology
- French-German collaborators claim solar cell efficiency world record
- Can Fool's gold reduce the cost of solar cells?
- Vicor extends “component power” concepts with VIA package
- BMW and Tesla look at car battery alliance
- Electrostatic potential technique harvests more of the sun’s energy
- Australian researchers claim solar energy efficiency world record
- Death to "half-power handsets"
- Product How-to: Power supply Black Box revolutionizes customer diagnostics
- EnOcean eyes the consumer market
- New electrolyte promises cheaper high efficiency magnesium-sulfur batteries
- Do electric vehicle batteries on the grid make sense?
- How does a Blu-ray disc improve solar cell performance?
- Heliatek completes world's first BIOPV concrete façade installation
- Power Systems Design eBook
- Wireless Power User Guide
- A Novel Approach to Industrial Rectifier Systems
- Smartphone SoC Power Efficiency - DVFS Capacitor Switching
- Power Modules: The New Super Power
- Digital Power Management Reduces Energy Costs While Improving System Performance
- How to Charge Supercapacitor Banks for Energy Storage