Energy Micro's ultra low power microcontroller receives environmental design award
Now in their fourth year, the e-Legacy awards have become synonymous with Corporate Social Responsibility and reflect an ethos of contributing to the common good, either through aspects of a company's operations or its products. The Environmental Design Award specifically recognises energy-saving or fuel/power- efficient electronic design.
Winners of the e-Legacy awards are selected via a public on-line vote, with finalists in seven award categories.
Energy Micro's EFM32 Gecko microcontroller family consumes a fraction of the energy required by other 8, 16 and 32-bit microcontroller solutions. The EFM32 Gecko microcontroller is in full production, and details of the software and pin-compatible Tiny Gecko and Giant Gecko products have also been announced. The Gecko microcontrollers are supported by the energyAware tool suite and a community of third party suppliers providing IDE/compilers, debug systems, development kits and real time operating systems.
Related link: www.energymicro.com
- A new measure for wireless power transfer to support highly efficient links
- SMIC to report Tunnel-FET extension to CMOS
- Can candle soot help power Electric Vehicles?
- Solar bypass semiconductor device protects PV from lighting
- Energy-as-a-service: GE combines LED and energy businesses to offer solution
- Integrated 7.8 mΩ power switch handles 9A, with reverse-blocking
- Tektronix/Keithley adds high-current/power bench PSU variants
- Bulk capacitance on high-current PCB rails safely controlled with 30V MOSFET
- LLC controller claims best-in-class efficiency for isolated DC-DC converters
- USB power supply is designed for automotive environments
- Low-power battery management for wearables/IoT
- Not a battery, not a cap: Murata’s small energy [storage] device
- Six-supply sequencer with NV configuration & fault logging
- Fastest 600-V gate driver steps up power density
- Toolbox offers virtual battery testing
- Will DIY spray-on solar cells be a reality soon?
- Porsche reveals prototype battery-driven sports car
- Transparent coating cools solar cells while boosting efficiency
- More-than-Moore will lead, argues GloFo's Wijburg
- Elon Musk targets high-volume solar panel dominance
- Dialog to acquire Atmel for USD4.6bn in IoT push
- Super-battery charges mobile devices in 15 seconds or less
- Hybrid solar panel roof helps slash energy bills
- Are mushrooms the answer to lithium-ion battery degradation?
- World efficiency record claimed for both sides-contacted solar cells
- DC-DC Conversion Handbook on GaN
- GaN soon on 8-inch silicon wafers, hopes MACOM
- Heat helps rechargeable batteries extend lifetimes
- Next-Generation batteries - Can all-silicon anodes be commercially viable?
- Report: Cypress preps bid to snatch Atmel from Dialog
- Determine Balancing Current for the LTC3305 Lead-Acid Battery Balancer
- Testing PSRR with High-Frequency Ripple
- Why Making the Move from a Variable Transformer to a VariPLUS is the Right Decision
- A SEPIC Fed Buck Converter
- Minimizing the Impact of Source Resistance on High-Voltage DC to DC Converters
- Dual Phase Buck Controller Drives High Density 1.2V/60A Supply with Submilliohm DCR Sensing
- Battery Management System Tutorial