Family of integrated devices delivers high current in smallest form factor with high efficiency power stage solution
Utilizing IR's advanced silicon, packaging and control techniques, the IR3553 integrates a synchronous buck gate driver, benchmark figure-of-merit control, and synchronous MOSFETs and Schottky diode into a small, high density, low profile 6 mm x 4 mm x 0.9 mm PQFN package to deliver a high current density and high efficiency power stage solution that simplifies the design and implementation of high current, high performance multiphase buck regulators.
The previously released 60 A IR3550 PowIRstage is proven to deliver high efficiency combined with the smallest footprint in our customers' designs. The new 40 A rated IR3553 product extends all the benefits of existing PowIRstage products into more cost-sensitive applications like entry level servers and high end desktops.
Using a single layout, with the choice of several plug and play PowIRstage products, customers can now select the best price/performance solution while eliminating the risk of a board re-design due to changing requirements.
IR PowIRstage products provide an integrated current sense amplifier that achieves superior current sense accuracy and noise immunity compared to best-in-class controller based inductor DCR sense methods. The IR3553 and IR3550 are fully PWM compatible with IR's CHiL digital power control products, as well as most industry standard PWM controllers on the market.
Visit International Rectifier at www.irf.com
- Power capacitor addresses e-mobility
- Multi-channel load sink driver consumes 12x less power
- LDO regulator has ultra-low noise, high PSRR, for sensitive RF applications
- Bluetooth SoCs target ultra-low power Blue Gecko applications
- Single output, 5-20W medically approved power supplies
- Power factor correction boost controller achieves 0.99 PF
- High-voltage resonant controller with PFC for LED drivers
- LED power supply market to triple in next five years
- 800W, micro redundant industrial PC power supply in 1-U space
- 200W DC/DC has ultra-wide output voltage range for radio PA applications
- SP2T 100 W reflective pin diode switch
- SMD DC-DC converters uprate efficiency, isolation and temperature range
- 74-series glue logic functions push down power consumption
- WPC extends capabilities of Qi wireless power standard
- Power supply design tool is offered as cloud-based app
- How to ground and power complex circuits
- Low EMI automotive power designs
- World’s first polychrome organic solar module is revealed
- Envelope Tracking Modulator with quad power IC and FPGA control
- Simple analog ASIC solves difficult thermal analysis problems
- Power supply de-rating in practice
- LDO design techniques for small spaces
- Will energy-harvesting 3D printed trees charge your smartphone?
- Ultra-low power system for wearable devices
- Can 'baking powder' effect boost solar cell efficiencies?
- Plugging solar cell pinholes key to perovskite performance
- Challenges in battery management for hybrid/electric vehicles
- Tesla reveals plans to target household energy-storage market
- Shrimp shells provide cheap sustainable solar cell material
- Optimized perovskite films claim record power conversion efficiencies
- A Four-Quadrant DC/DC Switching Regulator Smoothly Transitions from Positive to Negative Output Voltages for FPGA and Other Applications
- Investigating Die attach Failure in IGBTs using Power Cycling Tests
- Power Systems Design eBook
- Wireless Power User Guide
- A Novel Approach to Industrial Rectifier Systems
- Smartphone SoC Power Efficiency - DVFS Capacitor Switching
- Power Modules: The New Super Power