Family of integrated devices delivers high current in smallest form factor with high efficiency power stage solution
Utilizing IR's advanced silicon, packaging and control techniques, the IR3553 integrates a synchronous buck gate driver, benchmark figure-of-merit control, and synchronous MOSFETs and Schottky diode into a small, high density, low profile 6 mm x 4 mm x 0.9 mm PQFN package to deliver a high current density and high efficiency power stage solution that simplifies the design and implementation of high current, high performance multiphase buck regulators.
The previously released 60 A IR3550 PowIRstage is proven to deliver high efficiency combined with the smallest footprint in our customers' designs. The new 40 A rated IR3553 product extends all the benefits of existing PowIRstage products into more cost-sensitive applications like entry level servers and high end desktops.
Using a single layout, with the choice of several plug and play PowIRstage products, customers can now select the best price/performance solution while eliminating the risk of a board re-design due to changing requirements.
IR PowIRstage products provide an integrated current sense amplifier that achieves superior current sense accuracy and noise immunity compared to best-in-class controller based inductor DCR sense methods. The IR3553 and IR3550 are fully PWM compatible with IR's CHiL digital power control products, as well as most industry standard PWM controllers on the market.
Visit International Rectifier at www.irf.com
- “True 150W” AC/DC power supply in 2 x 4-in. format
- Precision power analyzer claims world's highest power measurement accuracy
- Power factor correction ICs target light-load performance
- Power saving MEMS-based mirror-like display harnesses ambient light
- 700V HVIC MOSFET drivers improve reliability, cut footprint
- Exagan raises 5.7m euros to produce GaN-on-Si power-switches on 200-mm wafers
- RF power transistors to reach consumers' dishes
- IGBT and diode function on single chip deliver enhanced reliability
- 500W power supply minimises footprint
- SoC IP: ultra low-power cells for always-on blocks
- 3-channel, fully-integrated ultralow power regulator/switch
- Power modelling of mobile basestations sees problems after 2020
- Multicore SHARC+ARM SOC achieves 5x power efficiency performance
- Bidirectional 2-A buck-boost supercapacitor charger offers fast charging
- Li-S battery deal powers High Altitude Pseudo-Satellite aircraft
- DC/DC converter PCB layout, Part 1
- Energy in an emergency: How the evolution of the battery is having a knock on effect in emergency lighting
- LLC synchronous rectification made easy, robust and more efficient
- Measure heat usage in a radiator and gather consumption data for modern 'Green' analysis
- Quantum dot blinking - a problem solved?
- Using Wi-Fi to power the IoT
- Disposable battery life extender enables batteries last 8x longer
- Can 'designer carbon' boost battery and supercapacitor performance?
- Semisolid innovation trims lithium-ion battery costs by 50 percent
- Samsung and LG: Reshaping the future for rechargeable mobile batteries
- Reduce diode losses in redundant systems with integrated power MUXes
- Wood aerogel promises elastic high-capacity batteries
- Graphene ultracapacitor claims market’s highest energy density
- Newswatch: Can IKEA make renewable energy payoff?
- NiZn battery is validated for 12-V automotive use
- Battery Management System Tutorial
- High Performance Portable DC Bench Power Supply: Save Money and Free Up Bench Real Estate by Building Your Own
- A Four-Quadrant DC/DC Switching Regulator Smoothly Transitions from Positive to Negative Output Voltages for FPGA and Other Applications
- Investigating Die attach Failure in IGBTs using Power Cycling Tests
- Power Systems Design eBook
- Wireless Power User Guide
- A Novel Approach to Industrial Rectifier Systems