Family of integrated devices delivers high current in smallest form factor with high efficiency power stage solution
Utilizing IR's advanced silicon, packaging and control techniques, the IR3553 integrates a synchronous buck gate driver, benchmark figure-of-merit control, and synchronous MOSFETs and Schottky diode into a small, high density, low profile 6 mm x 4 mm x 0.9 mm PQFN package to deliver a high current density and high efficiency power stage solution that simplifies the design and implementation of high current, high performance multiphase buck regulators.
The previously released 60 A IR3550 PowIRstage is proven to deliver high efficiency combined with the smallest footprint in our customers' designs. The new 40 A rated IR3553 product extends all the benefits of existing PowIRstage products into more cost-sensitive applications like entry level servers and high end desktops.
Using a single layout, with the choice of several plug and play PowIRstage products, customers can now select the best price/performance solution while eliminating the risk of a board re-design due to changing requirements.
IR PowIRstage products provide an integrated current sense amplifier that achieves superior current sense accuracy and noise immunity compared to best-in-class controller based inductor DCR sense methods. The IR3553 and IR3550 are fully PWM compatible with IR's CHiL digital power control products, as well as most industry standard PWM controllers on the market.
Visit International Rectifier at www.irf.com
- Auto-ranging adds flexibility to programmable DC power supplies
- A new measure for wireless power transfer to support highly efficient links
- SMIC to report Tunnel-FET extension to CMOS
- Can candle soot help power Electric Vehicles?
- Solar bypass semiconductor device protects PV from lighting
- Integrated 7.8 mΩ power switch handles 9A, with reverse-blocking
- Tektronix/Keithley adds high-current/power bench PSU variants
- Bulk capacitance on high-current PCB rails safely controlled with 30V MOSFET
- LLC controller claims best-in-class efficiency for isolated DC-DC converters
- USB power supply is designed for automotive environments
- Low-power battery management for wearables/IoT
- Six-supply sequencer with NV configuration & fault logging
- Fastest 600-V gate driver steps up power density
- Online power supply configurator supplants custom solutions
- Keeping robots on the move - smartening up solar harvesting
- Will DIY spray-on solar cells be a reality soon?
- Porsche reveals prototype battery-driven sports car
- Transparent coating cools solar cells while boosting efficiency
- More-than-Moore will lead, argues GloFo's Wijburg
- Elon Musk targets high-volume solar panel dominance
- Dialog to acquire Atmel for USD4.6bn in IoT push
- Super-battery charges mobile devices in 15 seconds or less
- Hybrid solar panel roof helps slash energy bills
- Are mushrooms the answer to lithium-ion battery degradation?
- World efficiency record claimed for both sides-contacted solar cells
- DC-DC Conversion Handbook on GaN
- Heat helps rechargeable batteries extend lifetimes
- Report: Cypress preps bid to snatch Atmel from Dialog
- Next-Generation batteries - Can all-silicon anodes be commercially viable?
- Can electron superhighway drives organic solar panel innovations?
- Determine Balancing Current for the LTC3305 Lead-Acid Battery Balancer
- Testing PSRR with High-Frequency Ripple
- Why Making the Move from a Variable Transformer to a VariPLUS is the Right Decision
- A SEPIC Fed Buck Converter
- Minimizing the Impact of Source Resistance on High-Voltage DC to DC Converters
- Dual Phase Buck Controller Drives High Density 1.2V/60A Supply with Submilliohm DCR Sensing
- Battery Management System Tutorial