Film capacitors deliver high dielectric strength for wind power plants
The high dielectric strength of the devices is made possible by a castor oil filling. Another advantage of their new design lies in the improved heat dissipation from the capacitor’s interior to the aluminum can. In addition, hot spots are reduced and superior insulation properties are achieved, thus extending the operating life of the components to 100 000 hours (to IEC 61071). The capacitance changes by no more than three percent.
Thanks to their high rated voltage, long operating life and high current handling capability, the capacitors are well suited for renewable energy generation applications, such as for AC output filters in offshore wind turbines.
The components are designed for a temperature range from -40 to +70 °C. M10 screw terminals assure a reliable electrical connection. The terminals can be modified according to the specific requirements of the customer or application. The cans have diameters of 75 or 85 mm. Their heights are between 115 and 270 mm.
The overpressure disconnector means that the capacitors represent no hazard in the event of overload. Like all EPCOS film capacitors, the new series is also self-healing: sparkovers due to excessive voltages do not short-circuit or destroy the capacitor.
Visit TDK-EPC at www.epcos.com/pec
- Sol-gel capacitor beats a battery on energy density
- Low-power modules stay reliable at freezing temperatures
- Qualcomm enables wireless charging for mobile devices with metal cases
- Eight percent of Europe’s electricity now supplied by wind energy
- 3 kW Platinum front-end AC/DC PSU for Power over Ethernet
- ROHM Semiconductor acquires digital power management specialist Powervation
- Graphene nanoribbon could deliver power control for ships to smartphones
- TI adds advanced WEBENCH tools for expert power-supply designers
- Infineon MOSFETs deliver highest energy efficiency in minimum packaging
- Channel power monitor measures land mobile radio performance
- Combating capacitor corrosion for long life applications
- Power amplifiers cover 2-50 GHz to simplify instrumentation applications
- Wireless power transmitter/receiver coils for wearables
- Cree acquires APEI to boost SiC power modules penetration
- 150W and 225W, external medical-spec power supplies
- Boeing issues fire hazard warning from lithium battery bulk shipments
- Power grid pilot highlights Europe's battery storage failings
- Samsung and LG: Reshaping the future for rechargeable mobile batteries
- Graphene ultracapacitor claims market’s highest energy density
- Smart meters can destabilize grid, study says
- Solar powered flight smashes long distance records
- Solar cell splits water to make fuel
- Nanogenerator harvests energy from rolling tires
- IBM slashes next-gen power
- Battery overheating stalls solar plane record attempt
- Electric double-decker buses lead London's zero emission drive
- Perovskite solar cells - can production costs be lowered?
- World first: Samsung monitor integrates inbuilt wireless charging
- Powering wearables: Are niobium nanowire supercapacitors the answer?
- Li-ion battery to power search for life on Mars
- Dual Phase Buck Controller Drives High Density 1.2V/60A Supply with Submilliohm DCR Sensing
- Battery Management System Tutorial
- High Performance Portable DC Bench Power Supply: Save Money and Free Up Bench Real Estate by Building Your Own
- A Four-Quadrant DC/DC Switching Regulator Smoothly Transitions from Positive to Negative Output Voltages for FPGA and Other Applications
- Investigating Die attach Failure in IGBTs using Power Cycling Tests
- Power Systems Design eBook
- Wireless Power User Guide