Film capacitors deliver high dielectric strength for wind power plants
The high dielectric strength of the devices is made possible by a castor oil filling. Another advantage of their new design lies in the improved heat dissipation from the capacitor’s interior to the aluminum can. In addition, hot spots are reduced and superior insulation properties are achieved, thus extending the operating life of the components to 100 000 hours (to IEC 61071). The capacitance changes by no more than three percent.
Thanks to their high rated voltage, long operating life and high current handling capability, the capacitors are well suited for renewable energy generation applications, such as for AC output filters in offshore wind turbines.
The components are designed for a temperature range from -40 to +70 °C. M10 screw terminals assure a reliable electrical connection. The terminals can be modified according to the specific requirements of the customer or application. The cans have diameters of 75 or 85 mm. Their heights are between 115 and 270 mm.
The overpressure disconnector means that the capacitors represent no hazard in the event of overload. Like all EPCOS film capacitors, the new series is also self-healing: sparkovers due to excessive voltages do not short-circuit or destroy the capacitor.
Visit TDK-EPC at www.epcos.com/pec
- Power multiplexer ICs for mobile devices
- UPS remote monitoring system IoT technology platform
- IKEA embeds wireless power transmitters in furniture and lamps
- Caence/Tensilica shapes DSP IP for low-energy SoC implementations
- 1W DC-DC converters boost isolation levels
- Charged holes in graphene offer energy storage boost
- High-integration power management ICs targets portable computing devices
- GPTG agrees global distribution deal with Digi-Key
- 10W charger design for smart mobile devices meets latest specs
- The ultimate 'Selfie' solution: A self-powered video camera
- 200W, 98%, buck-boost regulators in 10x14mm module format
- Harvesting energy from electromagnetic waves
- Europe’s first commercial Li-ion ESS deployment supports Faroe wind farm
- Battery-backed power supplies maintain up to 115W
- Baseplate cooled AC-DC power supplies deliver 110W
- Bias power made easy
- Revealed - The real impact of battery bounce testing
- Will energy-saving lightbulb become graphene's first commercial success?
- Polymer discovery paves way for low-cost ultrafast batteries
- How to get higher efficiency at lower loads: A new LLC platform makes it possible
- Has Google entered the battle for next-generation batteries?
- Medical devices: Where wireless charging has real impact
- WPT breaks all connections, Part 3
- Quick-charging hybrid supercapacitor trumps thin-film lithium battery
- Can fast-charging aluminum-ion battery dampen safety fears?
- Power grids - How many EVs can be charged simultaneoulsy?
- Will metal-free catalyst lower rechargeable zinc-air battery costs?
- Power management design for single-cell battery system
- How can iron fluoride triple energy storage in batteries?
- MIT pinpoints promising pathways for solar photovoltaic power
- Battery Management System Tutorial
- High Performance Portable DC Bench Power Supply: Save Money and Free Up Bench Real Estate by Building Your Own
- A Four-Quadrant DC/DC Switching Regulator Smoothly Transitions from Positive to Negative Output Voltages for FPGA and Other Applications
- Investigating Die attach Failure in IGBTs using Power Cycling Tests
- Power Systems Design eBook
- Wireless Power User Guide
- A Novel Approach to Industrial Rectifier Systems