Flexible single input voltage DC-DC regulators target high current applications
The iP1837 and iP1827 devices integrate a control MOSFET, synchronous FETKY, bootstrap diode, bootstrap capacitor and internal over-current protection in a compact 7.7 mm x 7.7 mm LGA wireless package, reducing component count and shrinking PCB size by 20 percent compared to discrete solutions.
The new devices feature true differential voltage sensing for precise regulation, +/- 0.5 percent accurate reference voltage over-temperature, precision deadtime trim to maximize efficiency, and body braking to optimize transient response. Additionally, the iP1837 and iP1827 are pin compatible for 25 A and 35 A applications, offer wide input voltage range of 1.5 V to 16 V, programmable frequency up to 1.5 MHz, flexible 5 V bias or 3.3 V bias/single input, and are optimized for 12 V input operations and low output voltages.
The devices are fully protected and feature enhanced thermally compensated internal hiccup over-current protection allowing flat current limit over-temperature. Additional features include pre-bias start-up, over-voltage protection, thermal shutdown, enable pin with voltage monitoring capability, power good output, and programmable soft start.
Visit International Rectifier at www.irf.com
- MOSFET H-bridge reduces footprint by 50 percent
- Infineon Technologies completes International Rectifier acquisition
- Load switch enhances system power control
- 50A digitally-controlled point-of-load DC/DC
- 600V IGBTs are automotive-qualified for small-motor drives
- MOSFET gate drivers boost conversion efficiency
- Programmable load switch improves system power reliability
- Wide-voltage-range, low-power temperature sensors
- 800W high-voltage programmable DC power supply
- 1200V Generation-8 IGBT family steps up efficiency and ruggedness
- 1800W modular electronic loads for power tests
- Low-voltage MOSFETs optimise footprint with dual-sided cooling packages
- High-voltage, latchup-free analogue switches come in 16-ch BGA packages
- 75V MOSFETs have ultra-low Rds(on) for industrial applications
- Automotive-grade, integrated power regulators from Altera/Enpirion
- Are next generation EV batteries a step closer?
- Are power management researchers really 21st century alchemists?
- First round-the-world solar plane flight prepares for take-off
- GaN: The dawn of a new era?
- Long life aluminium-air battery resolves rechargeable challenges
- Solar-powered radio chip monitors windows to save energy
- How to measure capacity versus bias voltage on MLCCs
- Bamboo bike uses peddle power to recharge smartphones
- Apple Watch spurs wireless charging growth in 2015
- Product How-to: Ultra-low noise linear regulators for powering PLL/VCO and clocking ICs
- Hybrid fuel cell advance boosts power by 20 percent
- Conquering the 'kink' in sub-threshold power MOSFET behavior: A simple compact modeling approach
- Multi-crystalline silicon PV module claims power output world record
- Tesla Roadster targest 400-mile range with one charge
- World's first G.fast reverse power feeding is demonstrated
- Investigating Die attach Failure in IGBTs using Power Cycling Tests
- Power Systems Design eBook
- Wireless Power User Guide
- A Novel Approach to Industrial Rectifier Systems
- Smartphone SoC Power Efficiency - DVFS Capacitor Switching
- Power Modules: The New Super Power
- Digital Power Management Reduces Energy Costs While Improving System Performance