Flexible single input voltage DC-DC regulators target high current applications
The iP1837 and iP1827 devices integrate a control MOSFET, synchronous FETKY, bootstrap diode, bootstrap capacitor and internal over-current protection in a compact 7.7 mm x 7.7 mm LGA wireless package, reducing component count and shrinking PCB size by 20 percent compared to discrete solutions.
The new devices feature true differential voltage sensing for precise regulation, +/- 0.5 percent accurate reference voltage over-temperature, precision deadtime trim to maximize efficiency, and body braking to optimize transient response. Additionally, the iP1837 and iP1827 are pin compatible for 25 A and 35 A applications, offer wide input voltage range of 1.5 V to 16 V, programmable frequency up to 1.5 MHz, flexible 5 V bias or 3.3 V bias/single input, and are optimized for 12 V input operations and low output voltages.
The devices are fully protected and feature enhanced thermally compensated internal hiccup over-current protection allowing flat current limit over-temperature. Additional features include pre-bias start-up, over-voltage protection, thermal shutdown, enable pin with voltage monitoring capability, power good output, and programmable soft start.
Visit International Rectifier at www.irf.com
- 50A digitally-controlled point-of-load DC/DC
- 600V IGBTs are automotive-qualified for small-motor drives
- MOSFET gate drivers boost conversion efficiency
- Programmable load switch improves system power reliability
- Wide-voltage-range, low-power temperature sensors
- 800W high-voltage programmable DC power supply
- 1200V Generation-8 IGBT family steps up efficiency and ruggedness
- 1800W modular electronic loads for power tests
- Low-voltage MOSFETs optimise footprint with dual-sided cooling packages
- High-voltage, latchup-free analogue switches come in 16-ch BGA packages
- 75V MOSFETs have ultra-low Rds(on) for industrial applications
- Automotive-grade, integrated power regulators from Altera/Enpirion
- Ultra-fast 650-V IGBTs support fast switching applications
- IGBTs and MOSFETs continue to drive power semiconductor growth
- Cree releases SPICE models for SiC power MOSFETs
- From 20x faster batteries to spray-on solar cells
- The benefits of the coupled inductor technology
- French-German collaborators claim solar cell efficiency world record
- Can Fool's gold reduce the cost of solar cells?
- Vicor extends “component power” concepts with VIA package
- BMW and Tesla look at car battery alliance
- Electrostatic potential technique harvests more of the sun’s energy
- Australian researchers claim solar energy efficiency world record
- Advanced lead-carbon batteries could enable 48V super hybrid vehicles
- Death to "half-power handsets"
- Product How-to: Power supply Black Box revolutionizes customer diagnostics
- EnOcean eyes the consumer market
- New electrolyte promises cheaper high efficiency magnesium-sulfur batteries
- Do electric vehicle batteries on the grid make sense?
- Bio batteries take step closer to clean energy
- Power Systems Design eBook
- Wireless Power User Guide
- A Novel Approach to Industrial Rectifier Systems
- Smartphone SoC Power Efficiency - DVFS Capacitor Switching
- Power Modules: The New Super Power
- Digital Power Management Reduces Energy Costs While Improving System Performance
- How to Charge Supercapacitor Banks for Energy Storage