Flexible single input voltage DC-DC regulators target high current applications
The iP1837 and iP1827 devices integrate a control MOSFET, synchronous FETKY, bootstrap diode, bootstrap capacitor and internal over-current protection in a compact 7.7 mm x 7.7 mm LGA wireless package, reducing component count and shrinking PCB size by 20 percent compared to discrete solutions.
The new devices feature true differential voltage sensing for precise regulation, +/- 0.5 percent accurate reference voltage over-temperature, precision deadtime trim to maximize efficiency, and body braking to optimize transient response. Additionally, the iP1837 and iP1827 are pin compatible for 25 A and 35 A applications, offer wide input voltage range of 1.5 V to 16 V, programmable frequency up to 1.5 MHz, flexible 5 V bias or 3.3 V bias/single input, and are optimized for 12 V input operations and low output voltages.
The devices are fully protected and feature enhanced thermally compensated internal hiccup over-current protection allowing flat current limit over-temperature. Additional features include pre-bias start-up, over-voltage protection, thermal shutdown, enable pin with voltage monitoring capability, power good output, and programmable soft start.
Visit International Rectifier at www.irf.com
- MCUs for motor inverter drives cut code size, speed development
- 200W, 98%, buck-boost regulators in 10x14mm module format
- Europe leads PV uptake charts as global growth continues
- Infineon confirms dual-strand approach to GaN product portfolio
- Encapsulated 50A digital power module
- Digital power controller with 'Tru-sample Technology' runs 35A to FPGAs
- 30A high integration DC/DC for FPGA point-of-load regulation
- MOSFET family delivers lowest on-resistance and output capacitance
- Design-in for SiC: HV pulse generators use silicon carbide MOSFETs
- Semitrex ultimate goal: one-size fits all power conversion
- Multi-channel load sink driver consumes 12x less power
- High voltage stacked SMPS capacitors are RoHS-compliant
- Voltage optimisation innovation provides renewable energy at peak times
- KEMET releases world's first 250-V 0402 C0G ceramic capacitors
- Silicon-Carbide MOSFET range extended at 1200V ratings
- Bias power made easy
- Revealed - The real impact of battery bounce testing
- Will energy-saving lightbulb become graphene's first commercial success?
- Polymer discovery paves way for low-cost ultrafast batteries
- How to get higher efficiency at lower loads: A new LLC platform makes it possible
- Has Google entered the battle for next-generation batteries?
- Medical devices: Where wireless charging has real impact
- WPT breaks all connections, Part 3
- Quick-charging hybrid supercapacitor trumps thin-film lithium battery
- Can fast-charging aluminum-ion battery dampen safety fears?
- Power grids - How many EVs can be charged simultaneoulsy?
- Will metal-free catalyst lower rechargeable zinc-air battery costs?
- Power management design for single-cell battery system
- How can iron fluoride triple energy storage in batteries?
- MIT pinpoints promising pathways for solar photovoltaic power
- Battery Management System Tutorial
- High Performance Portable DC Bench Power Supply: Save Money and Free Up Bench Real Estate by Building Your Own
- A Four-Quadrant DC/DC Switching Regulator Smoothly Transitions from Positive to Negative Output Voltages for FPGA and Other Applications
- Investigating Die attach Failure in IGBTs using Power Cycling Tests
- Power Systems Design eBook
- Wireless Power User Guide
- A Novel Approach to Industrial Rectifier Systems