High current active bias controller IC
The company's bias control solutions automatically adjust an amplifier’s gate voltage to achieve a constant bias current over part-to-part and temperature variations. This auto-gate bias adjustment provides a significant advantage compared with discrete-based solutions since it eliminates manual calibration. Additionally, the HMC980 active bias controller die offers a significant PCB area reduction by integrating negative voltage generator, automatic gate adjustment and power-up sequencing circuit blocks in a single monolithic device.
The HMC980 is designed to control amplifiers operating in Class A mode with bias currents up to 1.6 A and supply voltages from 5 V to 16.5 V. The HMC980 active bias controller die occupies less than 3.2 mm2 of circuit area, requires a minimal number of external components, and incorporates an optional current alarm feature.
For applications which require a surface mount compatible solution, the HMC980 is also available in a 4 x 4 mm QFN plastic package as the HMC980LP4E. Both complement the company’s line of DC power management solutions which operate with bias currents up to 2 A and supplies from 3 V to 16.5 V.
Die samples, SMT product samples and evaluation PC boards for all SMT packaged products are available from stock.
- RF power transistors to reach consumers' dishes
- Power controllers for USB Type-C cables are now USB-IF Certified
- 60V step-down controller can eliminate intermediate power buses
- Digital power chipset optimises dead time automatically
- 1.9W Class-D audio amplifier delivers high SPL for low power drain
- High power directional couplers up to 40 GHz
- GaN LNA meets need for high RF power survivability
- 10W charger design for smart mobile devices meets latest specs
- High power amplifier with integrated power detector targets backhaul
- Automatically-compensated digital PoL controller matches analogue loop performance
- Digital power controller with 'Tru-sample Technology' runs 35A to FPGAs
- LED lighting controller boosts PFC, efficiency specifications for 20-150W
- Digital DC/DC controllers programmable from 375kHz to 1.25MHz
- TI claims first for a primary-regulated, “zero standby power”, higher-power AC/DC PSU
- Three stage Wi-Fi 5-GHz power amplifier
- DC/DC converter PCB layout, Part 1
- LLC synchronous rectification made easy, robust and more efficient
- Energy in an emergency: How the evolution of the battery is having a knock on effect in emergency lighting
- Measure heat usage in a radiator and gather consumption data for modern 'Green' analysis
- Quantum dot blinking - a problem solved?
- Using Wi-Fi to power the IoT
- Disposable battery life extender enables batteries last 8x longer
- Can 'designer carbon' boost battery and supercapacitor performance?
- Semisolid innovation trims lithium-ion battery costs by 50 percent
- Reduce diode losses in redundant systems with integrated power MUXes
- Wood aerogel promises elastic high-capacity batteries
- Newswatch: Can IKEA make renewable energy payoff?
- NiZn battery is validated for 12-V automotive use
- Electrolyte additives prevent fires in next-generation lithium batteries
- Intel/Altera deal is done
- Battery Management System Tutorial
- High Performance Portable DC Bench Power Supply: Save Money and Free Up Bench Real Estate by Building Your Own
- A Four-Quadrant DC/DC Switching Regulator Smoothly Transitions from Positive to Negative Output Voltages for FPGA and Other Applications
- Investigating Die attach Failure in IGBTs using Power Cycling Tests
- Power Systems Design eBook
- Wireless Power User Guide
- A Novel Approach to Industrial Rectifier Systems