High current active bias controller IC
The company's bias control solutions automatically adjust an amplifier’s gate voltage to achieve a constant bias current over part-to-part and temperature variations. This auto-gate bias adjustment provides a significant advantage compared with discrete-based solutions since it eliminates manual calibration. Additionally, the HMC980 active bias controller die offers a significant PCB area reduction by integrating negative voltage generator, automatic gate adjustment and power-up sequencing circuit blocks in a single monolithic device.
The HMC980 is designed to control amplifiers operating in Class A mode with bias currents up to 1.6 A and supply voltages from 5 V to 16.5 V. The HMC980 active bias controller die occupies less than 3.2 mm2 of circuit area, requires a minimal number of external components, and incorporates an optional current alarm feature.
For applications which require a surface mount compatible solution, the HMC980 is also available in a 4 x 4 mm QFN plastic package as the HMC980LP4E. Both complement the company’s line of DC power management solutions which operate with bias currents up to 2 A and supplies from 3 V to 16.5 V.
Die samples, SMT product samples and evaluation PC boards for all SMT packaged products are available from stock.
- High linearity 4-W Ka-band power amplifier
- Push button reboot controller draws 0.01μA in standby
- X-band GaN power amplifier delivers 35 W
- High power amplifier covers 1 to 3 GHz, delivers 1 kW in 5U chassis
- 60V, synchronous buck-boost controller regulates up to 250W
- IP builds low power memory for LCD drivers and touch screen controllers
- High-efficiency buck-boost and boost+bypass switching regulators
- 50-V discrete GaN HEMT die operates up to 6 GHz
- High-integration DC/DC digital PWM power controller
- Small footprint boost controller simplifies LED backlighting
- ADIís efficient power drivers for 12-, 14- and 16-bit ADCs
- Reference measurement system to characterise next-generation RF PA modules
- Multi-channel audio amplifier gets power scalability
- GaN power amplifier covers 28-32 GHz with high linearity
- 2.4 GHz high power RF amplifier meets 256 QAM modulation specs
- First round-the-world solar plane flight prepares for take-off
- Are next generation EV batteries a step closer?
- Are power management researchers really 21st century alchemists?
- Overcoming patient leakage current issues
- Long life aluminium-air battery resolves rechargeable challenges
- Solar-powered radio chip monitors windows to save energy
- How to measure capacity versus bias voltage on MLCCs
- Conquering the 'kink' in sub-threshold power MOSFET behavior: A simple compact modeling approach
- Bamboo bike uses peddle power to recharge smartphones
- Apple Watch spurs wireless charging growth in 2015
- Hybrid fuel cell advance boosts power by 20 percent
- LED buck regulator with current-mode control simplifies compensation
- Product How-to: Ultra-low noise linear regulators for powering PLL/VCO and clocking ICs
- Improved dendrite formation control helps lithium batteries last longer
- Multi-crystalline silicon PV module claims power output world record
- Investigating Die attach Failure in IGBTs using Power Cycling Tests
- Power Systems Design eBook
- Wireless Power User Guide
- A Novel Approach to Industrial Rectifier Systems
- Smartphone SoC Power Efficiency - DVFS Capacitor Switching
- Power Modules: The New Super Power
- Digital Power Management Reduces Energy Costs While Improving System Performance