High current active bias controller IC
The company's bias control solutions automatically adjust an amplifier’s gate voltage to achieve a constant bias current over part-to-part and temperature variations. This auto-gate bias adjustment provides a significant advantage compared with discrete-based solutions since it eliminates manual calibration. Additionally, the HMC980 active bias controller die offers a significant PCB area reduction by integrating negative voltage generator, automatic gate adjustment and power-up sequencing circuit blocks in a single monolithic device.
The HMC980 is designed to control amplifiers operating in Class A mode with bias currents up to 1.6 A and supply voltages from 5 V to 16.5 V. The HMC980 active bias controller die occupies less than 3.2 mm2 of circuit area, requires a minimal number of external components, and incorporates an optional current alarm feature.
For applications which require a surface mount compatible solution, the HMC980 is also available in a 4 x 4 mm QFN plastic package as the HMC980LP4E. Both complement the company’s line of DC power management solutions which operate with bias currents up to 2 A and supplies from 3 V to 16.5 V.
Die samples, SMT product samples and evaluation PC boards for all SMT packaged products are available from stock.
- Digital power chipset optimises dead time automatically
- 1.9W Class-D audio amplifier delivers high SPL for low power drain
- High power directional couplers up to 40 GHz
- GaN LNA meets need for high RF power survivability
- 10W charger design for smart mobile devices meets latest specs
- High power amplifier with integrated power detector targets backhaul
- Automatically-compensated digital PoL controller matches analogue loop performance
- Digital power controller with 'Tru-sample Technology' runs 35A to FPGAs
- LED lighting controller boosts PFC, efficiency specifications for 20-150W
- Digital DC/DC controllers programmable from 375kHz to 1.25MHz
- TI claims first for a primary-regulated, “zero standby power”, higher-power AC/DC PSU
- Three stage Wi-Fi 5-GHz power amplifier
- Power factor correction boost controller achieves 0.99 PF
- High-voltage resonant controller with PFC for LED drivers
- High power LNA can be tuned to cover 700 to 3800 MHz
- Will home battery market entry give Tesla traction?
- How do lithium-ion batteries explode in real-time?
- New demands on DC-link power capacitors
- Infineon seeks buyer for Welsh wafer fab
- Fairchild cuts IGBT switching losses by 30 percent
- Single material battery is safer, simpler and more efficient
- Black silicon solar cells push efficiency record to 22.1 percent
- Single-cell 5-A battery-charger IC cuts battery-charge times 60 percent
- The advantages of an LED power supply over standard ITE power supplies
- Wireless charging gets universal antenna
- Digital signal controllers consume up to 80 percent less power
- Boron-infused graphene helps quadruple performance of microsupercapacitor
- Infineon acquisition strengthens position in global IPM market
- Intuitive innovation in wireless power transfer, Part 1
- Build an electronic battery simulator
- Battery Management System Tutorial
- High Performance Portable DC Bench Power Supply: Save Money and Free Up Bench Real Estate by Building Your Own
- A Four-Quadrant DC/DC Switching Regulator Smoothly Transitions from Positive to Negative Output Voltages for FPGA and Other Applications
- Investigating Die attach Failure in IGBTs using Power Cycling Tests
- Power Systems Design eBook
- Wireless Power User Guide
- A Novel Approach to Industrial Rectifier Systems