High linearity downconverting mixer covers 4-6-GHz RF frequency range
The performance characteristics enable excellent dynamic range performance for both main receivers and digital pre-distortion receivers. Moreover, the LTC5544’s RF input can withstand strong interference signals without significantly degrading its noise figure, thus preserving receiver sensitivity and enhancing robustness. The LTC5544 operates on a single 3.3 V supply without compromising performance, while keeping power consumption to a minimum.
The LTC5544’s 6 GHz reach is ideally suited for wireless systems such as point-to-point broadband microwave links, 5 GHz license-free band WiMAX radios, satellite receivers, radar systems, avionics, public safety radios and RF test systems.
The LTC5544 incorporates an on-chip integrated high gain IF amplifier capable of supporting IF frequencies up to 1GHz. Also integrated are an LO buffer along with two RF balun transformers. They enable the RF and LO inputs to operate single-ended and with 50 Ω matching. The LO input requires only +2 dBm drive level. These features simplify design and require fewer external components, resulting in a smaller solution size.
Availability and Pricing
The LTC5544 operates on a single 3.3 V supply, drawing 194 mA of current. The LTC5544 has a power-down feature with 0.6 µs turn-on and turn-off time, supporting Burst Mode operation or TDD (time division duplexed) systems. When disabled, the device consumes a maximum of 500 µA. The LTC5544 is offered in a 16-lead, 4 mm x 4 mm plastic QFN package and is available immediately from stock. Pricing starts at $8.50 each in 1,000 piece quantities.
More information about www.linear.com/product/LTC5544
- IDT partners EPC to integrate GaN and silicon technologies
- Automotive 2A, 70V SEPIC/Boost/ Converter has 9 µA quiescent current
- Dual step-down DC/DC operates from 3.4V to 42V inputs
- 1.9W Class-D audio amplifier delivers high SPL for low power drain
- Wire free: Charge your smartphone while streaming 4K HD videos
- Microchip to acquire Micrel
- Disposable sensor patch analyses golfers' swing
- Pseudoparticle discovery spotlights energy conversion processes for photovoltaics
- GaN LNA meets need for high RF power survivability
- Indoor solar-powered wireless mesh delivers 99.999% data reliability
- High power amplifier with integrated power detector targets backhaul
- KIT, Schaeffler optimise power steering for electric cars
- Can tandem photovoltaics achieve record solar cell efficiencies?
- Linear adds micro-module regulators with 60V/4A & 36V/8A buck-boost types
- Lithium storage principle offers higher energy storage densities
- Will home battery market entry give Tesla traction?
- How do lithium-ion batteries explode in real-time?
- New demands on DC-link power capacitors
- Single-molecule diode opens up real-world applications for nanoscale devices
- Infineon seeks buyer for Welsh wafer fab
- Fairchild cuts IGBT switching losses by 30 percent
- Single material battery is safer, simpler and more efficient
- Build an electronic battery simulator
- Black silicon solar cells push efficiency record to 22.1 percent
- The advantages of an LED power supply over standard ITE power supplies
- Single-cell 5-A battery-charger IC cuts battery-charge times 60 percent
- New class of magnets attract energy harvesting attention
- Wireless charging gets universal antenna
- Digital signal controllers consume up to 80 percent less power
- Boron-infused graphene helps quadruple performance of microsupercapacitor
- Battery Management System Tutorial
- High Performance Portable DC Bench Power Supply: Save Money and Free Up Bench Real Estate by Building Your Own
- A Four-Quadrant DC/DC Switching Regulator Smoothly Transitions from Positive to Negative Output Voltages for FPGA and Other Applications
- Investigating Die attach Failure in IGBTs using Power Cycling Tests
- Power Systems Design eBook
- Wireless Power User Guide
- A Novel Approach to Industrial Rectifier Systems