High linearity VGAs target microwave radio
The HMC996LP4E and the HMC997LC4 are GaAs PHEMT MMIC analog variable gain amplifiers which operate from 5 to 12 GHz and from 17 to 27 GHz respectively. Across the line, these versatile amplifiers delivers up to 20.5 dB of gain, +24 dBm, of output P1dB, and +34 dBm of output IP3 in their maximum gain state. Each of these amplifiers is controlled by a single analog control voltage between 0 and -4.5 V, and provides up to 22 dB of gain control range. The high linearity performance of the MMICs allows them to be used as either buffer amplifiers, or as power amplifier pre-drivers in microwave transmitter applications.
The HMC996LP4E consumes 120 mA from a +5 V supply, and is housed in a RoHS compliant 4 x 4 mm QFN leadless package. The HMC997LC4 consumes only 170 mA from a +5 V supply, is housed in a RoHS compliant 4 x 4 mm ceramic QFN leadless package. Both are compatible with high volume surface mount manufacturing, and both feature excellent gain flatness making them well suited for military EW, ECM and radar applications.
For further information: www.hittite.com.
- imec/Panasonic report CMOS-based transceivers for mm-Wave radar systems
- 200W DC/DC has ultra-wide output voltage range for radio PA applications
- SP2T 100 W reflective pin diode switch
- Mobile networks using a mixture of radio sizes could cut energy usage by 50%
- High power amplifier covers 1 to 3 GHz, delivers 1 kW in 5U chassis
- MegaChips and Imec collaborate on ultra-low power short-range radio for IoT
- High power SP3T 100 W reflective switch
- GaN portfolio adds S-Band high power pallet and hybrid amplifiers
- 15 W GaN on SiC pulsed power transistor targets radar
- GaN power amplifier covers 28-32 GHz with high linearity
- GaN on SiC transistor provides high gain and efficiency for L-Band radar
- High-gain, 45-W, S-band GaN transistors
- 90-W GaN avionics power module
- Rohm and imec collaborate on ultra-low power radio R&D
- PMIC for RF agile-radio applications and FPGAs
- How to ground and power complex circuits
- High efficiency resonant mode implementation using digital control
- Low EMI automotive power designs
- World’s first polychrome organic solar module is revealed
- Simple analog ASIC solves difficult thermal analysis problems
- Ultra-low power system for wearable devices
- Power supply de-rating in practice
- IKEA and Samsung back Qi wireless charging advance
- A simple method for determining the optimal operating point of an LED
- LDO design techniques for small spaces
- Will energy-harvesting 3D printed trees charge your smartphone?
- Can 'baking powder' effect boost solar cell efficiencies?
- Solar plane passes new test ahead of planned world tour
- Challenges in battery management for hybrid/electric vehicles
- Tesla reveals plans to target household energy-storage market
- High Performance Portable DC Bench Power Supply: Save Money and Free Up Bench Real Estate by Building Your Own
- A Four-Quadrant DC/DC Switching Regulator Smoothly Transitions from Positive to Negative Output Voltages for FPGA and Other Applications
- Investigating Die attach Failure in IGBTs using Power Cycling Tests
- Power Systems Design eBook
- Wireless Power User Guide
- A Novel Approach to Industrial Rectifier Systems
- Smartphone SoC Power Efficiency - DVFS Capacitor Switching