High linearity VGAs target microwave radio
The HMC996LP4E and the HMC997LC4 are GaAs PHEMT MMIC analog variable gain amplifiers which operate from 5 to 12 GHz and from 17 to 27 GHz respectively. Across the line, these versatile amplifiers delivers up to 20.5 dB of gain, +24 dBm, of output P1dB, and +34 dBm of output IP3 in their maximum gain state. Each of these amplifiers is controlled by a single analog control voltage between 0 and -4.5 V, and provides up to 22 dB of gain control range. The high linearity performance of the MMICs allows them to be used as either buffer amplifiers, or as power amplifier pre-drivers in microwave transmitter applications.
The HMC996LP4E consumes 120 mA from a +5 V supply, and is housed in a RoHS compliant 4 x 4 mm QFN leadless package. The HMC997LC4 consumes only 170 mA from a +5 V supply, is housed in a RoHS compliant 4 x 4 mm ceramic QFN leadless package. Both are compatible with high volume surface mount manufacturing, and both feature excellent gain flatness making them well suited for military EW, ECM and radar applications.
For further information: www.hittite.com.
- GaN soon on 8-inch silicon wafers, hopes MACOM
- DecaWave preps for expansion, next location chip.
- 24-35 GHz communications system, medium-power driver amplifier
- Channel power monitor measures land mobile radio performance
- Power amplifiers cover 2-50 GHz to simplify instrumentation applications
- High power multi-position switch operates to 6 GHz
- RF power transistors to reach consumers' dishes
- TI unveils industry’s lowest power wideband RF synthesizer
- Wasted energy can keep smartphone running 30 percent longer
- 4-ch, 24-GHz downconverter for multichannel, beamforming receivers
- High power directional couplers up to 40 GHz
- GaN LNA meets need for high RF power survivability
- Sol Voltaics claims GaAs nanowire world-record for solar energy
- imec/Panasonic report CMOS-based transceivers for mm-Wave radar systems
- 200W DC/DC has ultra-wide output voltage range for radio PA applications
- Internet blackouts by 2020, warns nanoelectronics book
- Huawei reveals rapid charge batteries: 50% capacity charged in minutes
- Want longer lasting lithium ion batteries? Just add hydrogen
- Will solar cells power a Li-FI revolution?
- 48V system achieves near full-hybrid characteristics
- Tandem thin film solar cells add perovskite to boost efficiency
- Perovskite advance targets long-wavelength sunlight to boost solar cell efficiency
- Universal wireless charger meets multiple standards
- IDT to acquire ZMDI for $310million
- PoWiFi optimizes energy harvesting to power IoT sensors
- A4WP and PMA combine for create AirFuel Alliance
- Sub-threshold logic MCU maker claims low-power benchmark lead
- Harvest more energy from photons to improve solar cells and li-fi
- Multi-crystalline silicon solar cell claims 21.25 percent efficiency record
- Licensing deal drives lithium-sulfur battery technology to production
- Battery Size Matters
- Isolation in AC Motor Drives: Understanding the IEC 61800-5-1 Safety Standard
- Multichemistry Buck Battery Charger Controller
- Why Making the Move from a Variable Transformer to a VariPLUS is the Right Decision
- Determine Balancing Current for the LTC3305 Lead-Acid Battery Balancer
- Testing PSRR with High-Frequency Ripple
- A SEPIC Fed Buck Converter