High linearity VGAs target microwave radio
The HMC996LP4E and the HMC997LC4 are GaAs PHEMT MMIC analog variable gain amplifiers which operate from 5 to 12 GHz and from 17 to 27 GHz respectively. Across the line, these versatile amplifiers delivers up to 20.5 dB of gain, +24 dBm, of output P1dB, and +34 dBm of output IP3 in their maximum gain state. Each of these amplifiers is controlled by a single analog control voltage between 0 and -4.5 V, and provides up to 22 dB of gain control range. The high linearity performance of the MMICs allows them to be used as either buffer amplifiers, or as power amplifier pre-drivers in microwave transmitter applications.
The HMC996LP4E consumes 120 mA from a +5 V supply, and is housed in a RoHS compliant 4 x 4 mm QFN leadless package. The HMC997LC4 consumes only 170 mA from a +5 V supply, is housed in a RoHS compliant 4 x 4 mm ceramic QFN leadless package. Both are compatible with high volume surface mount manufacturing, and both feature excellent gain flatness making them well suited for military EW, ECM and radar applications.
For further information: www.hittite.com.
- High power amplifier covers 1 to 3 GHz, delivers 1 kW in 5U chassis
- MegaChips and Imec collaborate on ultra-low power short-range radio for IoT
- High power SP3T 100 W reflective switch
- GaN portfolio adds S-Band high power pallet and hybrid amplifiers
- 15 W GaN on SiC pulsed power transistor targets radar
- GaN power amplifier covers 28-32 GHz with high linearity
- GaN on SiC transistor provides high gain and efficiency for L-Band radar
- High-gain, 45-W, S-band GaN transistors
- 90-W GaN avionics power module
- Rohm and imec collaborate on ultra-low power radio R&D
- PMIC for RF agile-radio applications and FPGAs
- Energy harvesting switch powers 2.4GHz radio link
- Is envelope tracking innovation smartphone battery-life game-changer?
- Soitec partners IntelliEPI to provide reliable second source in GaAs market
- World's smallest FM radio transmitter made from graphene
- From 20x faster batteries to spray-on solar cells
- The benefits of the coupled inductor technology
- French-German collaborators claim solar cell efficiency world record
- BMW and Tesla look at car battery alliance
- Electrostatic potential technique harvests more of the sun’s energy
- Australian researchers claim solar energy efficiency world record
- Death to "half-power handsets"
- Do electric vehicle batteries on the grid make sense?
- Product How-to: Power supply Black Box revolutionizes customer diagnostics
- New electrolyte promises cheaper high efficiency magnesium-sulfur batteries
- How does a Blu-ray disc improve solar cell performance?
- LXI + PoE: Essential design considerations
- Heliatek completes world's first BIOPV concrete façade installation
- Freescale turns up the power: charges 15-W wirelessly
- Quantum dots are key to spray-on solar cells
- Power Systems Design eBook
- Wireless Power User Guide
- A Novel Approach to Industrial Rectifier Systems
- Smartphone SoC Power Efficiency - DVFS Capacitor Switching
- Power Modules: The New Super Power
- Digital Power Management Reduces Energy Costs While Improving System Performance
- How to Charge Supercapacitor Banks for Energy Storage