High linearity VGAs target microwave radio
The HMC996LP4E and the HMC997LC4 are GaAs PHEMT MMIC analog variable gain amplifiers which operate from 5 to 12 GHz and from 17 to 27 GHz respectively. Across the line, these versatile amplifiers delivers up to 20.5 dB of gain, +24 dBm, of output P1dB, and +34 dBm of output IP3 in their maximum gain state. Each of these amplifiers is controlled by a single analog control voltage between 0 and -4.5 V, and provides up to 22 dB of gain control range. The high linearity performance of the MMICs allows them to be used as either buffer amplifiers, or as power amplifier pre-drivers in microwave transmitter applications.
The HMC996LP4E consumes 120 mA from a +5 V supply, and is housed in a RoHS compliant 4 x 4 mm QFN leadless package. The HMC997LC4 consumes only 170 mA from a +5 V supply, is housed in a RoHS compliant 4 x 4 mm ceramic QFN leadless package. Both are compatible with high volume surface mount manufacturing, and both feature excellent gain flatness making them well suited for military EW, ECM and radar applications.
For further information: www.hittite.com.
- Channel power monitor measures land mobile radio performance
- Power amplifiers cover 2-50 GHz to simplify instrumentation applications
- High power multi-position switch operates to 6 GHz
- RF power transistors to reach consumers' dishes
- TI unveils industry’s lowest power wideband RF synthesizer
- Wasted energy can keep smartphone running 30 percent longer
- 4-ch, 24-GHz downconverter for multichannel, beamforming receivers
- High power directional couplers up to 40 GHz
- GaN LNA meets need for high RF power survivability
- Sol Voltaics claims GaAs nanowire world-record for solar energy
- imec/Panasonic report CMOS-based transceivers for mm-Wave radar systems
- 200W DC/DC has ultra-wide output voltage range for radio PA applications
- SP2T 100 W reflective pin diode switch
- Mobile networks using a mixture of radio sizes could cut energy usage by 50%
- High power amplifier covers 1 to 3 GHz, delivers 1 kW in 5U chassis
- Can your phone batteries keep you secret on the internet?
- Tesla reveals snakebot electric car charger
- Can hydrogen charge your iPhone for a week?
- Butterflies help boost solar panel power by 50 per cent
- Samsung partners MIT to create longer-lasting solid-state rechargeable batteries
- UK Government to trial charge-as-you-drive 'electric motorways'
- 'Aqueous solar flow' battery 20 percent more efficient than lithium-iodine batteries
- Could nanowire artificial photosynthesis put an end to fracking?
- Simplified organic solar cells boost efficiency while lowering costs
- CEO interview: Ambiq sees broader options for low voltage
- World's smallest emergency phone charger makes Kickstarter debut
- Smarter, lighter car battery replaces lead acid types
- Micro rake doubles efficiency of inexpensive solar cells
- Nanoparticle electrodes offer capacity boost for lithium-ion batteries
- Could aluminium be solar cell technology's new silver lining?
- Why Making the Move from a Variable Transformer to a VariPLUS is the Right Decision
- A SEPIC Fed Buck Converter
- Minimizing the Impact of Source Resistance on High-Voltage DC to DC Converters
- Dual Phase Buck Controller Drives High Density 1.2V/60A Supply with Submilliohm DCR Sensing
- Battery Management System Tutorial
- High Performance Portable DC Bench Power Supply: Save Money and Free Up Bench Real Estate by Building Your Own
- A Four-Quadrant DC/DC Switching Regulator Smoothly Transitions from Positive to Negative Output Voltages for FPGA and Other Applications