High linearity VGAs target microwave radio
The HMC996LP4E and the HMC997LC4 are GaAs PHEMT MMIC analog variable gain amplifiers which operate from 5 to 12 GHz and from 17 to 27 GHz respectively. Across the line, these versatile amplifiers delivers up to 20.5 dB of gain, +24 dBm, of output P1dB, and +34 dBm of output IP3 in their maximum gain state. Each of these amplifiers is controlled by a single analog control voltage between 0 and -4.5 V, and provides up to 22 dB of gain control range. The high linearity performance of the MMICs allows them to be used as either buffer amplifiers, or as power amplifier pre-drivers in microwave transmitter applications.
The HMC996LP4E consumes 120 mA from a +5 V supply, and is housed in a RoHS compliant 4 x 4 mm QFN leadless package. The HMC997LC4 consumes only 170 mA from a +5 V supply, is housed in a RoHS compliant 4 x 4 mm ceramic QFN leadless package. Both are compatible with high volume surface mount manufacturing, and both feature excellent gain flatness making them well suited for military EW, ECM and radar applications.
For further information: www.hittite.com.
- Channel power monitor measures land mobile radio performance
- Power amplifiers cover 2-50 GHz to simplify instrumentation applications
- High power multi-position switch operates to 6 GHz
- RF power transistors to reach consumers' dishes
- TI unveils industry’s lowest power wideband RF synthesizer
- Wasted energy can keep smartphone running 30 percent longer
- 4-ch, 24-GHz downconverter for multichannel, beamforming receivers
- High power directional couplers up to 40 GHz
- GaN LNA meets need for high RF power survivability
- Sol Voltaics claims GaAs nanowire world-record for solar energy
- imec/Panasonic report CMOS-based transceivers for mm-Wave radar systems
- 200W DC/DC has ultra-wide output voltage range for radio PA applications
- SP2T 100 W reflective pin diode switch
- Mobile networks using a mixture of radio sizes could cut energy usage by 50%
- High power amplifier covers 1 to 3 GHz, delivers 1 kW in 5U chassis
- Boeing issues fire hazard warning from lithium battery bulk shipments
- Power grid pilot highlights Europe's battery storage failings
- Smart meters can destabilize grid, study says
- Solar powered flight smashes long distance records
- Solar cell splits water to make fuel
- IBM slashes next-gen power
- Battery overheating stalls solar plane record attempt
- Electric double-decker buses lead London's zero emission drive
- World first: Samsung monitor integrates inbuilt wireless charging
- Perovskite solar cells - can production costs be lowered?
- Powering wearables: Are niobium nanowire supercapacitors the answer?
- Li-ion battery to power search for life on Mars
- Artificial light harvester reveals quantum physics of efficient photosynthesis
- Graphene nanoribbon could deliver power control for ships to smartphones
- Room temperature nanoparticles - Is there a silver lining?
- Dual Phase Buck Controller Drives High Density 1.2V/60A Supply with Submilliohm DCR Sensing
- Battery Management System Tutorial
- High Performance Portable DC Bench Power Supply: Save Money and Free Up Bench Real Estate by Building Your Own
- A Four-Quadrant DC/DC Switching Regulator Smoothly Transitions from Positive to Negative Output Voltages for FPGA and Other Applications
- Investigating Die attach Failure in IGBTs using Power Cycling Tests
- Power Systems Design eBook
- Wireless Power User Guide