High-performance piezoelectric material optimizes voltage charge coefficients
PZT5K1 is suitable for applications in the fields of scientific instrumentation, maritime, medical, energy harvesting and general industry.
PZT5K1 is just one of a range of Lead Zirconate Titanate materials – more commonly known as PZT – supplied by Morgan Technical Ceramics. The new material is suitable for a wide range of demanding and challenging applications in both emerging and existing technologies. The material’s high density and low porosity mean the material can be used for machining 1-3 composite structures in highly sensitive sonar and medical ultrasonic transducers, as well as high-performance actuators, specialist sensors and energy harvesting devices.
Using an innovative new core process, Morgan Technical Ceramics manufactures the material to offer optimised voltage charge coefficients. The material’s high d33 rating improves the electrical charge generated in energy harvesting applications, while its high d31 coefficient enhances the levels of displacement in actuators.
PZT5K1 components can be manufactured in a wide range of geometries and dimensions, with Morgan Technical Ceramics offering the capability to tailor solutions to meet individual requirements. Bimorph components are available in a variety of sizes and shapes, as squares, rectangles and discs. Sizes range from 6mm to 74 mm in length and 1mm to 43 mm in width. Discs and components up to 254 mm in diameter can be manufactured in an extensive range of thicknesses, between 3 mm and 35 mm.
Components are typically supplied with fired-on silver electrodes as standard to ensure good adhesion for soldering and bonding, and to a thickness which provides assured durability for the planned application. Other metallisation options include thin nickel electrodes to further improve coupling coefficients, while enhancing the sensitivity of sensor devices.
Visit Morgan Technical Ceramics at www.morgantechnicalceramics.com
- Samsung SDI forges microgrid systems alliance with ABB
- Innovate UK pumps funding into lithium sulfur battery R&D
- Graphitic carbon electrodes promise more efficient energy storage
- Single output, 5-20W medically approved power supplies
- Carbon and iron-based electrocatalyst offers cost-effective platinum rival
- Will energy-harvesting 3D printed trees charge your smartphone?
- Tesla reveals plans to target household energy-storage market
- 10W DC-DC converters with medical safety approvals
- Voltage optimisation innovation provides renewable energy at peak times
- KEMET releases world's first 250-V 0402 C0G ceramic capacitors
- Renesas MCUs cut power demand in domestic/industrial sensing
- First round-the-world solar plane flight prepares for take-off
- Zinc oxide materials show promise as piezoelectric nanogenerators
- Development platform for battery-free wireless sensors and actuators
- ZigBee radio chip supports Smart Home/IoT capabilities
- High efficiency resonant mode implementation using digital control
- A simple method for determining the optimal operating point of an LED
- World’s first polychrome organic solar module is revealed
- Can Dyson clean up in the battery sector?
- IKEA and Samsung back Qi wireless charging advance
- Data-acquisition: The key to a smart electrical grid
- WPT breaks all connections, Part 1
- Solar-powered plane completes first leg of global record attempt
- Battery-less IoT connectivity enabled by low-power & multi-standard wireless MCU
- Solar plane passes new test ahead of planned world tour
- Lithium battery shipments on passenger planes face ban
- Real-time power GaN waveform monitoring
- Lithium storage principle offers higher energy storage densities
- Advantages of power blocks for high-current POLs
- Is UK Government cutting solar subsidies too soon?
- High Performance Portable DC Bench Power Supply: Save Money and Free Up Bench Real Estate by Building Your Own
- A Four-Quadrant DC/DC Switching Regulator Smoothly Transitions from Positive to Negative Output Voltages for FPGA and Other Applications
- Investigating Die attach Failure in IGBTs using Power Cycling Tests
- Power Systems Design eBook
- Wireless Power User Guide
- A Novel Approach to Industrial Rectifier Systems
- Smartphone SoC Power Efficiency - DVFS Capacitor Switching