High-speed IGBT/MOSFET gate drive photocoupler improves efficiency in inverter circuits
With a maximum delay time of 200 ns and a transmission delay time difference (PDD) between different devices of only 90 ns, the new TLP352 can help designers to reduce dead time and to improve efficiency of inverter circuits. A low maximum input current of 5 mA minimises power consumption.
The TLP352 IGBT/MOSFET gate drive photocoupler offers a peak output current of ±2.5 A and a minimum Isolation Voltage of 3750 Vrms. Target applications will include AC servo amplifiers, industrial control, domestic solar power systems, digital home appliances, measurement equipment and induction heating products.
Toshiba’s new photocoupler integrates LED, photodetector and the necessary gate drive circuitry into a single DIP package measuring just 9.66 mm x 7.62 mm x 3.65 mm. The latest LED technology ensures excellent longevity and contributes to the device’s guaranteed operating temperature range of -40 to 125 ºC. This makes the TLP352 suitable for industrial designs and other applications that must guarantee operation in extreme ambient temperatures.
Visit Toshiba Electronics Europe at www.toshiba-components.com
- 1-W DC/DC converter reduces footprint by 34 percent
- Power magnetics Lab Kit enters education
- DC output drive modules for reactive loads offer reverse energy protection
- A glimpse at the future of printed electronics
- Google smart contact lens getting closer?
- “True 150W” AC/DC power supply in 2 x 4-in. format
- Precision power analyzer claims world's highest power measurement accuracy
- Power factor correction ICs target light-load performance
- Power saving MEMS-based mirror-like display harnesses ambient light
- 700V HVIC MOSFET drivers improve reliability, cut footprint
- Exagan raises 5.7m euros to produce GaN-on-Si power-switches on 200-mm wafers
- RF power transistors to reach consumers' dishes
- IGBT and diode function on single chip deliver enhanced reliability
- 500W power supply minimises footprint
- Excelsys signs UK distribution deal with Astute Electronics
- DC/DC converter PCB layout, Part 1
- Energy in an emergency: How the evolution of the battery is having a knock on effect in emergency lighting
- LLC synchronous rectification made easy, robust and more efficient
- Measure heat usage in a radiator and gather consumption data for modern 'Green' analysis
- Quantum dot blinking - a problem solved?
- Using Wi-Fi to power the IoT
- Samsung and LG: Reshaping the future for rechargeable mobile batteries
- Semisolid innovation trims lithium-ion battery costs by 50 percent
- Graphene ultracapacitor claims market’s highest energy density
- Newswatch: Can IKEA make renewable energy payoff?
- Electrolyte additives prevent fires in next-generation lithium batteries
- Powering Ethernet, Part 1: Designing for low power consumption in operation
- UK start-up gears up to capture UK home energy storage market
- Constant-voltage topology and intelligent dimming drives LEDs efficiently
- Plant-inspired solar cell design promises improved efficiency
- Battery Management System Tutorial
- High Performance Portable DC Bench Power Supply: Save Money and Free Up Bench Real Estate by Building Your Own
- A Four-Quadrant DC/DC Switching Regulator Smoothly Transitions from Positive to Negative Output Voltages for FPGA and Other Applications
- Investigating Die attach Failure in IGBTs using Power Cycling Tests
- Power Systems Design eBook
- Wireless Power User Guide
- A Novel Approach to Industrial Rectifier Systems