High-speed, low-power shift registers enable cascaded connections without external components
The main feature of the TC74VHC9595 is an additional 'Q8C' output port that can be directly connected to the 'SI' input of the next TC74VHC9595 to enable cascaded operation without external components. Additionally, the TC74VHC9595 has an integrated Schmitt trigger on all input ports. This input allows operation with slowly changing or distorted input signals of the type that can occur on long transmission lines. The Schmitt trigger input also improves immunity against noise on signal and power supply lines.
With integrated overvoltage protection the input side of the TC74VHC9595 can tolerate voltages up to 5.5 V even when the power supply voltage is off. Furthermore, this voltage tolerance on the input together with the wide supply voltage range from 2.0 V to 5.5 V can be used to provide level shifting between 5.0 V and 3.0 V systems.
The new TC74VHC9595 is available in a standard 16-pin TSSOP package (TC74VHC9595FT) or in an ultra-miniature VSSOP16 format (TC74VHC9595FK) with 50 percent of the footprint of the TSSOP. Minimum output currents are rated at ±8mA, while a maximum propagation delay time of 9.3 ns ensures high-speed operation.
Visit Toshiba at www.toshiba-components.com
- GPTG agrees global distribution deal with Digi-Key
- 10W charger design for smart mobile devices meets latest specs
- High efficiency DMOS FET arrays cut power losses
- The ultimate 'Selfie' solution: A self-powered video camera
- 200W, 98%, buck-boost regulators in 10x14mm module format
- Harvesting energy from electromagnetic waves
- Europe’s first commercial Li-ion ESS deployment supports Faroe wind farm
- Battery-backed power supplies maintain up to 115W
- Baseplate cooled AC-DC power supplies deliver 110W
- 75W triple output AC-DC power supplies
- Harvester makes light work of powering IoT devices
- Compact 100W baseplate-cooled power supply
- 7.0x7.5mm shielded power inductors take up to 59.2A
- Bluetooth Smart Wearable-on-Chip offers industry-leading battery life performance
- High power low-pass filters handle up to 2500 W
- Revealed - The real impact of battery bounce testing
- Will energy-saving lightbulb become graphene's first commercial success?
- Bias power made easy
- Polymer discovery paves way for low-cost ultrafast batteries
- How to get higher efficiency at lower loads: A new LLC platform makes it possible
- Has Google entered the battle for next-generation batteries?
- WPT breaks all connections, Part 3
- Quick-charging hybrid supercapacitor trumps thin-film lithium battery
- Real-time power GaN waveform monitoring
- Can fast-charging aluminum-ion battery dampen safety fears?
- Power grids - How many EVs can be charged simultaneoulsy?
- WPT breaks all connections, Part 2
- Will metal-free catalyst lower rechargeable zinc-air battery costs?
- Is UK Government cutting solar subsidies too soon?
- MIT pinpoints promising pathways for solar photovoltaic power
- Battery Management System Tutorial
- High Performance Portable DC Bench Power Supply: Save Money and Free Up Bench Real Estate by Building Your Own
- A Four-Quadrant DC/DC Switching Regulator Smoothly Transitions from Positive to Negative Output Voltages for FPGA and Other Applications
- Investigating Die attach Failure in IGBTs using Power Cycling Tests
- Power Systems Design eBook
- Wireless Power User Guide
- A Novel Approach to Industrial Rectifier Systems