Industry's smallest 3/8/12/18-A DC-DC regulators focus on space-constrained applications
The DC-DC regulators integrate MOSFETs to simplify designs and provide the highest efficiency in a tiny wafer-level package (WLP). Operating in fixed pulse-width modulation (PWM), they are suitable for telecom, networking, server, and base-station applications. Configured in a pulse-skip mode, they will reduce power during light load conditions found in notebook and single-cell battery applications.
The DC-DC regulators are highly efficient. The MAX15058/MAX15112/MAX15118 deliver up to 94% and the MAX15108 delivers up to 95% conversion efficiency at full load. This reduces overall power loss in the system.
Availability and Pricing
The MAX15058/MAX15108/MAX15112/MAX15118 operate from a 2.7 V to 5.5 V input voltage and provide ±1% output-voltage accuracy over load, line, and temperature. The devices are fully specified over the -40 to +85°C extended temperature range. The regulators are available in several sizes of WLP packages and prices start at $1.76 (10,000-up, FOB USA).
Visit Maxim Integrated Products at www.maxim-ic.com
- Aquion Energy forges technology partnership with Eguana Technologies
- The route to cleaner e-cars - coupling perovskite solar cells
- Panasonic to close Beijing battery factory, sheds 1,300 jobs
- TSMC pulls plug on solar business
- 40/60V FETs for cordless appliances add logic-level drive by MCU
- 600V power FETs that get 'close to perfection', says ST
- 1.2 kW front-end power supply modules fit 1U shelf
- Medical technology specialist commercializes wireless charging for medical devices
- Racing car technology reaches road freight vehicles
- Another fusion reactor breakthrough
- Plug-&-play kits to explore & evaluate wireless charging
- BMS optimised for high power density, low price
- Full-bridge gate driver chips targets starter generator applications
- Battery pack monitor IC for multi-cell Li-ion batteries
- Ultralow power buck regulator cuts losses in wearables, IoT
- Can your phone batteries keep you secret on the internet?
- Tesla reveals snakebot electric car charger
- Can hydrogen charge your iPhone for a week?
- Butterflies help boost solar panel power by 50 per cent
- Samsung partners MIT to create longer-lasting solid-state rechargeable batteries
- UK Government to trial charge-as-you-drive 'electric motorways'
- 'Aqueous solar flow' battery 20 percent more efficient than lithium-iodine batteries
- Could nanowire artificial photosynthesis put an end to fracking?
- Simplified organic solar cells boost efficiency while lowering costs
- CEO interview: Ambiq sees broader options for low voltage
- World's smallest emergency phone charger makes Kickstarter debut
- Micro rake doubles efficiency of inexpensive solar cells
- Smarter, lighter car battery replaces lead acid types
- Nanoparticle electrodes offer capacity boost for lithium-ion batteries
- Could aluminium be solar cell technology's new silver lining?
- Why Making the Move from a Variable Transformer to a VariPLUS is the Right Decision
- A SEPIC Fed Buck Converter
- Minimizing the Impact of Source Resistance on High-Voltage DC to DC Converters
- Dual Phase Buck Controller Drives High Density 1.2V/60A Supply with Submilliohm DCR Sensing
- Battery Management System Tutorial
- High Performance Portable DC Bench Power Supply: Save Money and Free Up Bench Real Estate by Building Your Own
- A Four-Quadrant DC/DC Switching Regulator Smoothly Transitions from Positive to Negative Output Voltages for FPGA and Other Applications