Industry's smallest 3/8/12/18-A DC-DC regulators focus on space-constrained applications
The DC-DC regulators integrate MOSFETs to simplify designs and provide the highest efficiency in a tiny wafer-level package (WLP). Operating in fixed pulse-width modulation (PWM), they are suitable for telecom, networking, server, and base-station applications. Configured in a pulse-skip mode, they will reduce power during light load conditions found in notebook and single-cell battery applications.
The DC-DC regulators are highly efficient. The MAX15058/MAX15112/MAX15118 deliver up to 94% and the MAX15108 delivers up to 95% conversion efficiency at full load. This reduces overall power loss in the system.
Availability and Pricing
The MAX15058/MAX15108/MAX15112/MAX15118 operate from a 2.7 V to 5.5 V input voltage and provide ±1% output-voltage accuracy over load, line, and temperature. The devices are fully specified over the -40 to +85°C extended temperature range. The regulators are available in several sizes of WLP packages and prices start at $1.76 (10,000-up, FOB USA).
Visit Maxim Integrated Products at www.maxim-ic.com
- NXP adds mesh capability to Bluetooth Smart offering
- MCUs for motor inverter drives cut code size, speed development
- Power multiplexer ICs for mobile devices
- 3D-printed aerogels promise energy storage benefits
- UPS remote monitoring system IoT technology platform
- Disposable sensor patch analyses golfers' swing
- IKEA embeds wireless power transmitters in furniture and lamps
- Cadence/Tensilica shapes DSP IP for low-energy SoC implementations
- Power management IC for Freescale i.MX 6SoloLite processors
- 1W DC-DC converters boost isolation levels
- Pseudoparticle discovery spotlights energy conversion processes for photovoltaics
- Charged holes in graphene offer energy storage boost
- Quantum Materials provides eight-fold boost to QD production capacity
- 40V regulators simplify power provision for industrial designs
- Low operating-current shunt regulator betters 431 specs, replaces Zeners
- Bias power made easy
- Revealed - The real impact of battery bounce testing
- Will energy-saving lightbulb become graphene's first commercial success?
- Polymer discovery paves way for low-cost ultrafast batteries
- Has Google entered the battle for next-generation batteries?
- How to get higher efficiency at lower loads: A new LLC platform makes it possible
- Medical devices: Where wireless charging has real impact
- WPT breaks all connections, Part 3
- Quick-charging hybrid supercapacitor trumps thin-film lithium battery
- Can fast-charging aluminum-ion battery dampen safety fears?
- Power grids - How many EVs can be charged simultaneoulsy?
- Will metal-free catalyst lower rechargeable zinc-air battery costs?
- Power management design for single-cell battery system
- How can iron fluoride triple energy storage in batteries?
- MIT pinpoints promising pathways for solar photovoltaic power
- Battery Management System Tutorial
- High Performance Portable DC Bench Power Supply: Save Money and Free Up Bench Real Estate by Building Your Own
- A Four-Quadrant DC/DC Switching Regulator Smoothly Transitions from Positive to Negative Output Voltages for FPGA and Other Applications
- Investigating Die attach Failure in IGBTs using Power Cycling Tests
- Power Systems Design eBook
- Wireless Power User Guide
- A Novel Approach to Industrial Rectifier Systems