Intersil claims world's first high speed, dual channel 6-A MOSFET driver
The device is ideally suited for applications such as switching power supplies, motor drivers and Class-D amplifiers.
The driver's fast rise and fall times assure lower power losses and significant improvements in efficiency over competitive devices with drive voltages ranging from 4.5 V to 16 V. Programmable switching delay times prevent shoot-through current between MOSFETs, and allow optimization for maximum efficiency and reduced electromagnetic interference.
For isolated applications, the ISL89367's precision logic thresholds simplify the design of synchronous rectification on the secondary side of the transformer. Internal timers can be programmed to provide up to 270 ns of drive delay. For applications that require longer times, precision comparator input thresholds allow simple RC circuits to generate longer time delays.
Availability and Pricing
The ISL89367 available now in a 3 mm x 5 mm, 16-pin TDFN package and is priced at $4.00 each in 1,000-unit quantities.
More information about the ISL89367 MOSFET driver at
- Auto-ranging adds flexibility to programmable DC power supplies
- A new measure for wireless power transfer to support highly efficient links
- SMIC to report Tunnel-FET extension to CMOS
- Can candle soot help power Electric Vehicles?
- Solar bypass semiconductor device protects PV from lighting
- Integrated 7.8 mΩ power switch handles 9A, with reverse-blocking
- Tektronix/Keithley adds high-current/power bench PSU variants
- Bulk capacitance on high-current PCB rails safely controlled with 30V MOSFET
- LLC controller claims best-in-class efficiency for isolated DC-DC converters
- LDO regulators claim best-in-class dropout and transient performance
- USB power supply is designed for automotive environments
- Low-power battery management for wearables/IoT
- Six-supply sequencer with NV configuration & fault logging
- Fastest 600-V gate driver steps up power density
- Online power supply configurator supplants custom solutions
- Will DIY spray-on solar cells be a reality soon?
- Porsche reveals prototype battery-driven sports car
- Transparent coating cools solar cells while boosting efficiency
- More-than-Moore will lead, argues GloFo's Wijburg
- Elon Musk targets high-volume solar panel dominance
- Dialog to acquire Atmel for USD4.6bn in IoT push
- Super-battery charges mobile devices in 15 seconds or less
- Hybrid solar panel roof helps slash energy bills
- Are mushrooms the answer to lithium-ion battery degradation?
- World efficiency record claimed for both sides-contacted solar cells
- DC-DC Conversion Handbook on GaN
- Heat helps rechargeable batteries extend lifetimes
- Report: Cypress preps bid to snatch Atmel from Dialog
- Next-Generation batteries - Can all-silicon anodes be commercially viable?
- Can electron superhighway drives organic solar panel innovations?
- Determine Balancing Current for the LTC3305 Lead-Acid Battery Balancer
- Testing PSRR with High-Frequency Ripple
- Why Making the Move from a Variable Transformer to a VariPLUS is the Right Decision
- A SEPIC Fed Buck Converter
- Minimizing the Impact of Source Resistance on High-Voltage DC to DC Converters
- Dual Phase Buck Controller Drives High Density 1.2V/60A Supply with Submilliohm DCR Sensing
- Battery Management System Tutorial