Intersil claims world's first high speed, dual channel 6-A MOSFET driver
The device is ideally suited for applications such as switching power supplies, motor drivers and Class-D amplifiers.
The driver's fast rise and fall times assure lower power losses and significant improvements in efficiency over competitive devices with drive voltages ranging from 4.5 V to 16 V. Programmable switching delay times prevent shoot-through current between MOSFETs, and allow optimization for maximum efficiency and reduced electromagnetic interference.
For isolated applications, the ISL89367's precision logic thresholds simplify the design of synchronous rectification on the secondary side of the transformer. Internal timers can be programmed to provide up to 270 ns of drive delay. For applications that require longer times, precision comparator input thresholds allow simple RC circuits to generate longer time delays.
Availability and Pricing
The ISL89367 available now in a 3 mm x 5 mm, 16-pin TDFN package and is priced at $4.00 each in 1,000-unit quantities.
More information about the ISL89367 MOSFET driver at
- Super-fast switching diodes with ultra-low leakage
- 1-W DC/DC converter reduces footprint by 34 percent
- Power magnetics Lab Kit enters education
- DC output drive modules for reactive loads offer reverse energy protection
- “True 150W” AC/DC power supply in 2 x 4-in. format
- Precision power analyzer claims world's highest power measurement accuracy
- AC/DC converter control IC targets SiC drives
- Power factor correction ICs target light-load performance
- Power saving MEMS-based mirror-like display harnesses ambient light
- 700V HVIC MOSFET drivers improve reliability, cut footprint
- Exagan raises 5.7m euros to produce GaN-on-Si power-switches on 200-mm wafers
- RF power transistors to reach consumers' dishes
- IGBT and diode function on single chip deliver enhanced reliability
- 500W power supply minimises footprint
- SoC IP: ultra low-power cells for always-on blocks
- DC/DC converter PCB layout, Part 1
- Energy in an emergency: How the evolution of the battery is having a knock on effect in emergency lighting
- LLC synchronous rectification made easy, robust and more efficient
- Measure heat usage in a radiator and gather consumption data for modern 'Green' analysis
- Quantum dot blinking - a problem solved?
- Using Wi-Fi to power the IoT
- Disposable battery life extender enables batteries last 8x longer
- Samsung and LG: Reshaping the future for rechargeable mobile batteries
- Semisolid innovation trims lithium-ion battery costs by 50 percent
- Graphene ultracapacitor claims market’s highest energy density
- Newswatch: Can IKEA make renewable energy payoff?
- Electrolyte additives prevent fires in next-generation lithium batteries
- Powering Ethernet, Part 1: Designing for low power consumption in operation
- UK start-up gears up to capture UK home energy storage market
- Constant-voltage topology and intelligent dimming drives LEDs efficiently
- Battery Management System Tutorial
- High Performance Portable DC Bench Power Supply: Save Money and Free Up Bench Real Estate by Building Your Own
- A Four-Quadrant DC/DC Switching Regulator Smoothly Transitions from Positive to Negative Output Voltages for FPGA and Other Applications
- Investigating Die attach Failure in IGBTs using Power Cycling Tests
- Power Systems Design eBook
- Wireless Power User Guide
- A Novel Approach to Industrial Rectifier Systems