Intersil claims world's first high speed, dual channel 6-A MOSFET driver
The device is ideally suited for applications such as switching power supplies, motor drivers and Class-D amplifiers.
The driver's fast rise and fall times assure lower power losses and significant improvements in efficiency over competitive devices with drive voltages ranging from 4.5 V to 16 V. Programmable switching delay times prevent shoot-through current between MOSFETs, and allow optimization for maximum efficiency and reduced electromagnetic interference.
For isolated applications, the ISL89367's precision logic thresholds simplify the design of synchronous rectification on the secondary side of the transformer. Internal timers can be programmed to provide up to 270 ns of drive delay. For applications that require longer times, precision comparator input thresholds allow simple RC circuits to generate longer time delays.
Availability and Pricing
The ISL89367 available now in a 3 mm x 5 mm, 16-pin TDFN package and is priced at $4.00 each in 1,000-unit quantities.
More information about the ISL89367 MOSFET driver at
- Low-power modules stay reliable at freezing temperatures
- Qualcomm enables wireless charging for mobile devices with metal cases
- Eight percent of Europe’s electricity now supplied by wind energy
- 3 kW Platinum front-end AC/DC PSU for Power over Ethernet
- ROHM Semiconductor acquires digital power management specialist Powervation
- Graphene nanoribbon could deliver power control for ships to smartphones
- TI adds advanced WEBENCH tools for expert power-supply designers
- Infineon MOSFETs deliver highest energy efficiency in minimum packaging
- 650V IGBTs for 20 kHz power-switching applications
- Channel power monitor measures land mobile radio performance
- Power amplifiers cover 2-50 GHz to simplify instrumentation applications
- Wireless power transmitter/receiver coils for wearables
- Half-bridge gate driver for hybrid vehicle power systems
- Cree acquires APEI to boost SiC power modules penetration
- 150W and 225W, external medical-spec power supplies
- Boeing issues fire hazard warning from lithium battery bulk shipments
- Power grid pilot highlights Europe's battery storage failings
- Samsung and LG: Reshaping the future for rechargeable mobile batteries
- Graphene ultracapacitor claims market’s highest energy density
- Smart meters can destabilize grid, study says
- Solar powered flight smashes long distance records
- Solar cell splits water to make fuel
- Nanogenerator harvests energy from rolling tires
- IBM slashes next-gen power
- Battery overheating stalls solar plane record attempt
- Electric double-decker buses lead London's zero emission drive
- Perovskite solar cells - can production costs be lowered?
- World first: Samsung monitor integrates inbuilt wireless charging
- Powering wearables: Are niobium nanowire supercapacitors the answer?
- Li-ion battery to power search for life on Mars
- Dual Phase Buck Controller Drives High Density 1.2V/60A Supply with Submilliohm DCR Sensing
- Battery Management System Tutorial
- High Performance Portable DC Bench Power Supply: Save Money and Free Up Bench Real Estate by Building Your Own
- A Four-Quadrant DC/DC Switching Regulator Smoothly Transitions from Positive to Negative Output Voltages for FPGA and Other Applications
- Investigating Die attach Failure in IGBTs using Power Cycling Tests
- Power Systems Design eBook
- Wireless Power User Guide