Intersil claims world's first high speed, dual channel 6-A MOSFET driver
The device is ideally suited for applications such as switching power supplies, motor drivers and Class-D amplifiers.
The driver's fast rise and fall times assure lower power losses and significant improvements in efficiency over competitive devices with drive voltages ranging from 4.5 V to 16 V. Programmable switching delay times prevent shoot-through current between MOSFETs, and allow optimization for maximum efficiency and reduced electromagnetic interference.
For isolated applications, the ISL89367's precision logic thresholds simplify the design of synchronous rectification on the secondary side of the transformer. Internal timers can be programmed to provide up to 270 ns of drive delay. For applications that require longer times, precision comparator input thresholds allow simple RC circuits to generate longer time delays.
Availability and Pricing
The ISL89367 available now in a 3 mm x 5 mm, 16-pin TDFN package and is priced at $4.00 each in 1,000-unit quantities.
More information about the ISL89367 MOSFET driver at
- Power-over-Ethernet meets LED lighting: Application note
- European Space Agency to send ultracapacitors into orbit
- MCUs for motor inverter drives cut code size, speed development
- Power multiplexer ICs for mobile devices
- UPS remote monitoring system IoT technology platform
- IKEA embeds wireless power transmitters in furniture and lamps
- Cadence/Tensilica shapes DSP IP for low-energy SoC implementations
- 1W DC-DC converters boost isolation levels
- High-integration power management ICs targets portable computing devices
- GPTG agrees global distribution deal with Digi-Key
- 10W charger design for smart mobile devices meets latest specs
- The ultimate 'Selfie' solution: A self-powered video camera
- 200W, 98%, buck-boost regulators in 10x14mm module format
- Harvesting energy from electromagnetic waves
- Europe’s first commercial Li-ion ESS deployment supports Faroe wind farm
- Bias power made easy
- Revealed - The real impact of battery bounce testing
- Will energy-saving lightbulb become graphene's first commercial success?
- How to get higher efficiency at lower loads: A new LLC platform makes it possible
- Polymer discovery paves way for low-cost ultrafast batteries
- Has Google entered the battle for next-generation batteries?
- Medical devices: Where wireless charging has real impact
- WPT breaks all connections, Part 3
- Quick-charging hybrid supercapacitor trumps thin-film lithium battery
- Can fast-charging aluminum-ion battery dampen safety fears?
- Power grids - How many EVs can be charged simultaneoulsy?
- Will metal-free catalyst lower rechargeable zinc-air battery costs?
- Power management design for single-cell battery system
- How can iron fluoride triple energy storage in batteries?
- Can magnesium ions finally break the lithium battery stranglehold?
- Battery Management System Tutorial
- High Performance Portable DC Bench Power Supply: Save Money and Free Up Bench Real Estate by Building Your Own
- A Four-Quadrant DC/DC Switching Regulator Smoothly Transitions from Positive to Negative Output Voltages for FPGA and Other Applications
- Investigating Die attach Failure in IGBTs using Power Cycling Tests
- Power Systems Design eBook
- Wireless Power User Guide
- A Novel Approach to Industrial Rectifier Systems