Isolated forward converter ICs offer high reliability benefits
The LT1952/-1 is a single switch forward controller with active transformer reset that provides timing signals to the secondary-side LTC3900 synchronous rectifier driver. The LT4430 is a secondary-side optodriver with a precision reference voltage that completes the tightly regulated isolated forward converter circuit. The LTC3900 and LT4430 are specified to a maximum operating junction temperature of 150°C. This type of forward converter design is well suited for 12 V, 24 V and 48 V nominal input voltages, commonly found in telecom, datacom, industrial and military/aerospace applications.
The LT1952/-1 includes all of the features necessary to implement an active clamp transformer reset, enabling higher efficiencies and greater power densities compared to conventional catch winding or resonant reset techniques. Two control outputs are provided: the main power switch control and the active clamp switch control. Additional features include a fixed programmable operating frequency from 100 kHz to 500 kHz, synchronizable up to 750 kHz, selectable maximum duty cycle, adjustable synchronous timing delay, undervoltage lockout, a low 100 mV current sense threshold, leading edge blanking and programmable soft start.
Availability and Pricing
The LT1952/-1MP is available in a SSOP-16 package and 1,000-piece pricing starts at $9.35 each. The LTC3900MP is available in an SO-8 package and 1,000-piece pricing starts at $7.00 each. The LT4430MP is available in a TSOT-23 package and 1,000-piece pricing starts at $5.12 each.
More information about the LT1952/-1, LTC3900 and LT4430at
- 40/60V FETs for cordless appliances add logic-level drive by MCU
- Full-bridge gate driver chips targets starter generator applications
- Smoothing robot movements delivers 40 percent energy savings
- 1.5A, 15V synchronous boost regulator with output disconnect
- Could aluminium be solar cell technology's new silver lining?
- Dual step-down DC/DC controller update adds PWM signals
- Practical compact fusion reactor proposed by MIT
- Synchronous rectifier controller maximises efficiency across load profiles
- 3A, synchronous buck regulator accepts 4-36V
- 42V quad synchronous step-down DC/DC reaches 93% efficiency
- 2x 2.5A, ultra-thin micromodule regulator has 6.25 x 6.25mm footprint
- SIP-format PoL converters add 20, 30 and 50 A variants
- 35VIN & VOUT battery charge controller delivers up to 20A
- Perovskite solar cells - can production costs be lowered?
- Half-bridge gate driver for hybrid vehicle power systems
- Can your phone batteries keep you secret on the internet?
- Tesla reveals snakebot electric car charger
- Can hydrogen charge your iPhone for a week?
- Butterflies help boost solar panel power by 50 per cent
- UK Government to trial charge-as-you-drive 'electric motorways'
- Samsung partners MIT to create longer-lasting solid-state rechargeable batteries
- 'Aqueous solar flow' battery 20 percent more efficient than lithium-iodine batteries
- Could nanowire artificial photosynthesis put an end to fracking?
- Sol-gel capacitor beats a battery on energy density
- Simplified organic solar cells boost efficiency while lowering costs
- CEO interview: Ambiq sees broader options for low voltage
- World's smallest emergency phone charger makes Kickstarter debut
- Micro rake doubles efficiency of inexpensive solar cells
- Smarter, lighter car battery replaces lead acid types
- Nanoparticle electrodes offer capacity boost for lithium-ion batteries
- Why Making the Move from a Variable Transformer to a VariPLUS is the Right Decision
- A SEPIC Fed Buck Converter
- Minimizing the Impact of Source Resistance on High-Voltage DC to DC Converters
- Dual Phase Buck Controller Drives High Density 1.2V/60A Supply with Submilliohm DCR Sensing
- Battery Management System Tutorial
- High Performance Portable DC Bench Power Supply: Save Money and Free Up Bench Real Estate by Building Your Own
- A Four-Quadrant DC/DC Switching Regulator Smoothly Transitions from Positive to Negative Output Voltages for FPGA and Other Applications