Isolated forward converter ICs offer high reliability benefits
The LT1952/-1 is a single switch forward controller with active transformer reset that provides timing signals to the secondary-side LTC3900 synchronous rectifier driver. The LT4430 is a secondary-side optodriver with a precision reference voltage that completes the tightly regulated isolated forward converter circuit. The LTC3900 and LT4430 are specified to a maximum operating junction temperature of 150°C. This type of forward converter design is well suited for 12 V, 24 V and 48 V nominal input voltages, commonly found in telecom, datacom, industrial and military/aerospace applications.
The LT1952/-1 includes all of the features necessary to implement an active clamp transformer reset, enabling higher efficiencies and greater power densities compared to conventional catch winding or resonant reset techniques. Two control outputs are provided: the main power switch control and the active clamp switch control. Additional features include a fixed programmable operating frequency from 100 kHz to 500 kHz, synchronizable up to 750 kHz, selectable maximum duty cycle, adjustable synchronous timing delay, undervoltage lockout, a low 100 mV current sense threshold, leading edge blanking and programmable soft start.
Availability and Pricing
The LT1952/-1MP is available in a SSOP-16 package and 1,000-piece pricing starts at $9.35 each. The LTC3900MP is available in an SO-8 package and 1,000-piece pricing starts at $7.00 each. The LT4430MP is available in a TSOT-23 package and 1,000-piece pricing starts at $5.12 each.
More information about the LT1952/-1, LTC3900 and LT4430at
- Europe’s first commercial Li-ion ESS deployment supports Faroe wind farm
- Indoor solar-powered wireless mesh delivers 99.999% data reliability
- KIT, Schaeffler optimise power steering for electric cars
- Can tandem photovoltaics achieve record solar cell efficiencies?
- Isolated gate driver operates at up to 225°C
- Linear adds micro-module regulators with 60V/4A & 36V/8A buck-boost types
- Software simulation of ST power devices, by free download tool
- Infineon confirms dual-strand approach to GaN product portfolio
- ChiP-based DC-DC converters pack 76-W/cm3 power density
- Lithium storage principle offers higher energy storage densities
- Can quantum symmetry innovation boost solar panel efficiencies?
- 500 mA, 1.5 MHz, 65V boost DC/DC converter
- 65-V synchronous step-down converter for industrial, smart grid, automotive
- Lower the cost of solar cells - just add water
- Micropower wake-up timer for power-sensitive applications up to 36 V
- Revealed - The real impact of battery bounce testing
- Bias power made easy
- Will energy-saving lightbulb become graphene's first commercial success?
- Polymer discovery paves way for low-cost ultrafast batteries
- How to get higher efficiency at lower loads: A new LLC platform makes it possible
- Has Google entered the battle for next-generation batteries?
- WPT breaks all connections, Part 3
- Quick-charging hybrid supercapacitor trumps thin-film lithium battery
- Real-time power GaN waveform monitoring
- Can fast-charging aluminum-ion battery dampen safety fears?
- Power grids - How many EVs can be charged simultaneoulsy?
- WPT breaks all connections, Part 2
- Will metal-free catalyst lower rechargeable zinc-air battery costs?
- Is UK Government cutting solar subsidies too soon?
- MIT pinpoints promising pathways for solar photovoltaic power
- Battery Management System Tutorial
- High Performance Portable DC Bench Power Supply: Save Money and Free Up Bench Real Estate by Building Your Own
- A Four-Quadrant DC/DC Switching Regulator Smoothly Transitions from Positive to Negative Output Voltages for FPGA and Other Applications
- Investigating Die attach Failure in IGBTs using Power Cycling Tests
- Power Systems Design eBook
- Wireless Power User Guide
- A Novel Approach to Industrial Rectifier Systems