Lighting dimmer-stabilizer reduces costs and power consumption for public lighting
In many locations the need to operate lighting at full power decreases considerably after midnight when vehicle and pedestrian traffic drops to minimal levels; however consumption levels are rarely adapted.
Designed for use at airports, train stations, tunnels, roads, car parks, harbours, monuments, industrial facilities and in other spaces that require lighting for long periods, Gradilux uses state-of-the art technology that dims the lights and stabilizes power supplies.
Lighting installations can also experience voltage variations throughout the night, decreasing the lifetime of the lamps and increasing maintenance costs. By stabilizing power supplies, GradiLux reduces the need for inspections and lamp replacement. Gradilux delivers a fast payback time through a combination of reduced maintenance costs, savings in consumption and increased lamp lifetime.
Designed for use with lighting installations from 3.5 to 45kVA, GradiLux features 100% insulated gate bipolar transistor (IGBT) technology for direct AC/AC conversion. The absence of a transformer means that equipment size and weight are reduced making it easier to integrate into lighting control systems.
Each lighting phase is regulated independently, and can be replaced separately if maintenance becomes necessary.
GradiLux can be intergrated into existing SCADA systems and also features communication technology that allows remote control and monitoring, via a wireless internet connection.
Automatic and manual bypasses ensure reliable operation of the lighting installation. The automatic bypass, independent for each phase, provides protection against overloading, high temperatures and malfunction. The manual bypass allows for maintenance, while keeping the lighting installation operational.
Varistors at the input and output avoid transitory overloading, while EMI filters provide protection in compliance with EMC regulations. These components are protected by fuses for protection against prolonged overloading.
GradiLux is suitable for use of all type of lamps, except LED and lamps equipped with electronic ballast.
For further information see www.ge.com/ex/industrialsolutions
- Amantys partners Fuji Electric to launch IGBT gate drivers for wind and solar markets
- 40-V MOSFETs deliver benchmark on-state resistance for heavy load applications
- J1-Series power modules feature compact 6-in-1 package for use in electric and hybrid vehicles
- Global trial reveals huge energy saving potential of LED street lighting
- IEEE802.11a/b/g/n Compatible WLAN-module supports data rates up to 150Mbps
- Power meters support EcoDesign Test programmes
- LED lighting power and dimming controls include touch and remote options
- Philips, STW introduce research program for better LED lighting
- Cambrios partners with Novaled to Produce 100 sq cm OLED lighting tiles with transparent electrodes
- LED drivers output from 18 to 200W for indoor and outdoor solid state lighting
- Volvo evaluates flywheel hybrid drive - fuel savings of up to 25%
- PV storage market is set to grow to USD19bn by 2017
- Accutronics offers new custom battery service
- Nordic Semiconductor releases world's smallest Bluetooth low energy and ANT+ ICs
- Power-One enters into patent license agreement with Microchip
- Ultra-low-power SoC supports world's smallest Bluetooth location stickers
- Quad-MOSFET solution boosts efficiency and eliminates heat sinking in active bridge applications
- Market for GaN and SiC power semiconductors set to rise by factor of 18 in next decade
- Advanced microcontroller combines floating point and low leakage technology to achieve longest battery lifetime in portable applications
- Solar industry capital spending hits seven-year low in 2013 but upturn is on the cards
- High Voltage Surge Stoppers Ensure Reliable Operation During Power Surges
- Motor-Drive Design made Simple
- Adaptive Cell Converter Topology Enables Constant Efficiency in PFC Applications
- Micropower Isolated Flyback Converter with Input Voltage Range from 6V to 100V
- Derating of Schottky Diodes
- Heatsink Optimization
- High Performance ZVS Buck Regulator Removes Barriers To Increased Power Throughput
- Waste heat replaces batteries
- Stepper Motor Control IC
- 50Ω Gain Block IF Amplifier