Low power 16-channel LED driver ICs enable brightest and clearest TV pictures
austriamicrosystems is extending its portfolio of LED BLU (backlight unit) drivers and controllers for the latest generation of LCD TVs with the AS3695A - a 16-channel white LED driver for direct lighting - and the AS3695C - a 16-channel white LED controller for edge lighting.
Both ICs feature power management and boast the best available accuracy. Outstanding driver accuracy of +/-0.5% guarantees exact brightness and color matching and channel-to-channel current matching is +/-0.2%, resulting in high lighting contrast ratios for the best possible picture quality and 3D effects. In addition, the high precision AS3695A and AS3695C include novel power feedback regulation for controlling external power supplies for the highest system efficiency and reduced power in LED backlit LCD TVs.
The devices are programmable via a SPI (serial peripheral interface) port and provide built-in safety features, including thermal shutdown and open and short LED detection. Other features include linear current setting using a 10-bit DAC, output slew rate programmability, H-Sync and V-Sync inputs to synchronize with a TV, direct PWM mode, undervoltage auto-turnoff, overvoltage auto-turnoff, temperature shutdown and fault interrupt output.
Availability and Pricing
Samples are available now. The 1,000 piece price for the AS3695A QFN is 2.10 US Dollars. The AS3695C QFN and AS3695C LQFP are 2.20 US Dollars and 2.70 US Dollars, respectively.
A demo board is available to help evaluate the AS3695A / AS3695C.
More information about the new AS3695A / AS3695C 16-channel white LED drivers at www.austriamicrosystems.com/LED-Driver/AS3695
Visit austriamicrosystems at www.austriamicrosystems.com
- Will energy-saving lightbulb become graphene's first commercial success?
- Isolated gate driver operates at up to 225°C
- Software simulation of ST power devices, by free download tool
- Roll-to-roll printing of organic solar cells and LEDs
- Digital power controller with 'Tru-sample Technology' runs 35A to FPGAs
- LED lighting controller boosts PFC, efficiency specifications for 20-150W
- Mouser signs global distribution deal with CUI
- MOSFET family delivers lowest on-resistance and output capacitance
- Digital DC/DC controllers programmable from 375kHz to 1.25MHz
- TI claims first for a primary-regulated, “zero standby power”, higher-power AC/DC PSU
- Durable 480-V passive power supply focuses on high-voltage applications
- Switch to LED lighting cuts cruising energy costs by 60 percent
- Multi-channel load sink driver consumes 12x less power
- Power factor correction boost controller achieves 0.99 PF
- High-voltage resonant controller with PFC for LED drivers
- High efficiency resonant mode implementation using digital control
- A simple method for determining the optimal operating point of an LED
- Can Dyson clean up in the battery sector?
- IKEA and Samsung back Qi wireless charging advance
- WPT breaks all connections, Part 1
- Data-acquisition: The key to a smart electrical grid
- Solar-powered plane completes first leg of global record attempt
- Solar plane passes new test ahead of planned world tour
- Lithium battery shipments on passenger planes face ban
- Real-time power GaN waveform monitoring
- Lithium storage principle offers higher energy storage densities
- Advantages of power blocks for high-current POLs
- Cheaper ultrathin perovskite solar cells target commerical viability
- Is UK Government cutting solar subsidies too soon?
- Infineon dual-source Panasonic normally-off 600-V GaN power devices
- High Performance Portable DC Bench Power Supply: Save Money and Free Up Bench Real Estate by Building Your Own
- A Four-Quadrant DC/DC Switching Regulator Smoothly Transitions from Positive to Negative Output Voltages for FPGA and Other Applications
- Investigating Die attach Failure in IGBTs using Power Cycling Tests
- Power Systems Design eBook
- Wireless Power User Guide
- A Novel Approach to Industrial Rectifier Systems
- Smartphone SoC Power Efficiency - DVFS Capacitor Switching