Low power 16-channel LED driver ICs enable brightest and clearest TV pictures
austriamicrosystems is extending its portfolio of LED BLU (backlight unit) drivers and controllers for the latest generation of LCD TVs with the AS3695A - a 16-channel white LED driver for direct lighting - and the AS3695C - a 16-channel white LED controller for edge lighting.
Both ICs feature power management and boast the best available accuracy. Outstanding driver accuracy of +/-0.5% guarantees exact brightness and color matching and channel-to-channel current matching is +/-0.2%, resulting in high lighting contrast ratios for the best possible picture quality and 3D effects. In addition, the high precision AS3695A and AS3695C include novel power feedback regulation for controlling external power supplies for the highest system efficiency and reduced power in LED backlit LCD TVs.
The devices are programmable via a SPI (serial peripheral interface) port and provide built-in safety features, including thermal shutdown and open and short LED detection. Other features include linear current setting using a 10-bit DAC, output slew rate programmability, H-Sync and V-Sync inputs to synchronize with a TV, direct PWM mode, undervoltage auto-turnoff, overvoltage auto-turnoff, temperature shutdown and fault interrupt output.
Availability and Pricing
Samples are available now. The 1,000 piece price for the AS3695A QFN is 2.10 US Dollars. The AS3695C QFN and AS3695C LQFP are 2.20 US Dollars and 2.70 US Dollars, respectively.
A demo board is available to help evaluate the AS3695A / AS3695C.
More information about the new AS3695A / AS3695C 16-channel white LED drivers at www.austriamicrosystems.com/LED-Driver/AS3695
Visit austriamicrosystems at www.austriamicrosystems.com
- Smart window tints and acts as transparent battery
- Reference design spotlights high-power LED lighting applications
- PFC AC-DC drivers focus on LED lighting applications
- ams expands PMIC family for mobile multi-core ARM processors
- Energy-saving 810-nm IRED unlocks smartphones at a glance
- MOSFET gate drivers boost conversion efficiency
- 60V, synchronous buck-boost controller regulates up to 250W
- Single-channel gate driver provides on-chip galvanic isolation
- Polarizing filter reduces energy drain from smartphone displays
- Initiator device with integrated immobiliser 'wakes up' powered-down systems
- Automotive photovoltaic MOSFET driver rated for engine-compartment modules
- Multi-channel driver and inverter IPMs for industrial, white goods and consumer
- Connector solution supports DMX lighting-control protocol
- LCD technology delivers energy efficient 3D display solution
- Pixel chip sparks energy-efficient intelligent LED headlamps
- From 20x faster batteries to spray-on solar cells
- The benefits of the coupled inductor technology
- French-German collaborators claim solar cell efficiency world record
- Can Fool's gold reduce the cost of solar cells?
- Vicor extends “component power” concepts with VIA package
- BMW and Tesla look at car battery alliance
- Electrostatic potential technique harvests more of the sun’s energy
- Australian researchers claim solar energy efficiency world record
- Death to "half-power handsets"
- Product How-to: Power supply Black Box revolutionizes customer diagnostics
- EnOcean eyes the consumer market
- New electrolyte promises cheaper high efficiency magnesium-sulfur batteries
- Do electric vehicle batteries on the grid make sense?
- How does a Blu-ray disc improve solar cell performance?
- Heliatek completes world's first BIOPV concrete façade installation
- Power Systems Design eBook
- Wireless Power User Guide
- A Novel Approach to Industrial Rectifier Systems
- Smartphone SoC Power Efficiency - DVFS Capacitor Switching
- Power Modules: The New Super Power
- Digital Power Management Reduces Energy Costs While Improving System Performance
- How to Charge Supercapacitor Banks for Energy Storage