Low power 16-channel LED driver ICs enable brightest and clearest TV pictures
austriamicrosystems is extending its portfolio of LED BLU (backlight unit) drivers and controllers for the latest generation of LCD TVs with the AS3695A - a 16-channel white LED driver for direct lighting - and the AS3695C - a 16-channel white LED controller for edge lighting.
Both ICs feature power management and boast the best available accuracy. Outstanding driver accuracy of +/-0.5% guarantees exact brightness and color matching and channel-to-channel current matching is +/-0.2%, resulting in high lighting contrast ratios for the best possible picture quality and 3D effects. In addition, the high precision AS3695A and AS3695C include novel power feedback regulation for controlling external power supplies for the highest system efficiency and reduced power in LED backlit LCD TVs.
The devices are programmable via a SPI (serial peripheral interface) port and provide built-in safety features, including thermal shutdown and open and short LED detection. Other features include linear current setting using a 10-bit DAC, output slew rate programmability, H-Sync and V-Sync inputs to synchronize with a TV, direct PWM mode, undervoltage auto-turnoff, overvoltage auto-turnoff, temperature shutdown and fault interrupt output.
Availability and Pricing
Samples are available now. The 1,000 piece price for the AS3695A QFN is 2.10 US Dollars. The AS3695C QFN and AS3695C LQFP are 2.20 US Dollars and 2.70 US Dollars, respectively.
A demo board is available to help evaluate the AS3695A / AS3695C.
More information about the new AS3695A / AS3695C 16-channel white LED drivers at www.austriamicrosystems.com/LED-Driver/AS3695
Visit austriamicrosystems at www.austriamicrosystems.com
- PSU MOSFET driver boosts functional robustness, with low power loss
- 38V dual PMBus DC/DC controller with current mode control
- Ultra-thin perovskite nanocrystals enable tunable, energy-efficient LEDs
- Evaluation method of semiconductors using terahertz targets energy-saving devices
- Improving reliability and lowering audible noise on LED drivers
- Better TVS devices to protect avionics installations
- Energy-as-a-service: GE combines LED and energy businesses to offer solution
- LLC controller claims best-in-class efficiency for isolated DC-DC converters
- Fastest 600-V gate driver steps up power density
- Battery cell controllers for low-cell-count connected designs
- TSMC pulls plug on solar business
- 40/60V FETs for cordless appliances add logic-level drive by MCU
- Full-bridge gate driver chips targets starter generator applications
- Stadium Group acquires Stontronics to strengthen growth plans
- Dual step-down DC/DC controller update adds PWM signals
- Internet blackouts by 2020, warns nanoelectronics book
- Huawei reveals rapid charge batteries: 50% capacity charged in minutes
- Want longer lasting lithium ion batteries? Just add hydrogen
- Will solar cells power a Li-FI revolution?
- 48V system achieves near full-hybrid characteristics
- Tandem thin film solar cells add perovskite to boost efficiency
- Perovskite advance targets long-wavelength sunlight to boost solar cell efficiency
- Universal wireless charger meets multiple standards
- IDT to acquire ZMDI for $310million
- PoWiFi optimizes energy harvesting to power IoT sensors
- A4WP and PMA combine for create AirFuel Alliance
- Sub-threshold logic MCU maker claims low-power benchmark lead
- Harvest more energy from photons to improve solar cells and li-fi
- Multi-crystalline silicon solar cell claims 21.25 percent efficiency record
- Licensing deal drives lithium-sulfur battery technology to production
- Battery Size Matters
- Isolation in AC Motor Drives: Understanding the IEC 61800-5-1 Safety Standard
- Multichemistry Buck Battery Charger Controller
- Why Making the Move from a Variable Transformer to a VariPLUS is the Right Decision
- Determine Balancing Current for the LTC3305 Lead-Acid Battery Balancer
- Testing PSRR with High-Frequency Ripple
- A SEPIC Fed Buck Converter