Low power 16-channel LED driver ICs enable brightest and clearest TV pictures
austriamicrosystems is extending its portfolio of LED BLU (backlight unit) drivers and controllers for the latest generation of LCD TVs with the AS3695A - a 16-channel white LED driver for direct lighting - and the AS3695C - a 16-channel white LED controller for edge lighting.
Both ICs feature power management and boast the best available accuracy. Outstanding driver accuracy of +/-0.5% guarantees exact brightness and color matching and channel-to-channel current matching is +/-0.2%, resulting in high lighting contrast ratios for the best possible picture quality and 3D effects. In addition, the high precision AS3695A and AS3695C include novel power feedback regulation for controlling external power supplies for the highest system efficiency and reduced power in LED backlit LCD TVs.
The devices are programmable via a SPI (serial peripheral interface) port and provide built-in safety features, including thermal shutdown and open and short LED detection. Other features include linear current setting using a 10-bit DAC, output slew rate programmability, H-Sync and V-Sync inputs to synchronize with a TV, direct PWM mode, undervoltage auto-turnoff, overvoltage auto-turnoff, temperature shutdown and fault interrupt output.
Availability and Pricing
Samples are available now. The 1,000 piece price for the AS3695A QFN is 2.10 US Dollars. The AS3695C QFN and AS3695C LQFP are 2.20 US Dollars and 2.70 US Dollars, respectively.
A demo board is available to help evaluate the AS3695A / AS3695C.
More information about the new AS3695A / AS3695C 16-channel white LED drivers at www.austriamicrosystems.com/LED-Driver/AS3695
Visit austriamicrosystems at www.austriamicrosystems.com
- 60V step-down controller can eliminate intermediate power buses
- Infineon takes CoolMOS to generation 7; halves switching losses
- Digital power chipset optimises dead time automatically
- Digital isolator technology in IGBT gate drivers yields performance & lifetime
- Smart, high-power-density motor driver has 85V/10A power stage
- Power-over-Ethernet meets LED lighting: Application note
- Quantum Materials provides eight-fold boost to QD production capacity
- 10W charger design for smart mobile devices meets latest specs
- Harvester makes light work of powering IoT devices
- US-Irish partnership pioneers GaN nanostructures for power electronics
- Automatically-compensated digital PoL controller matches analogue loop performance
- Will energy-saving lightbulb become graphene's first commercial success?
- Isolated gate driver operates at up to 225°C
- Software simulation of ST power devices, by free download tool
- Roll-to-roll printing of organic solar cells and LEDs
- Will home battery market entry give Tesla traction?
- How do lithium-ion batteries explode in real-time?
- Single-molecule diode opens up real-world applications for nanoscale devices
- Infineon seeks buyer for Welsh wafer fab
- Fairchild cuts IGBT switching losses by 30 percent
- Single material battery is safer, simpler and more efficient
- Build an electronic battery simulator
- Black silicon solar cells push efficiency record to 22.1 percent
- The advantages of an LED power supply over standard ITE power supplies
- New class of magnets attract energy harvesting attention
- Single-cell 5-A battery-charger IC cuts battery-charge times 60 percent
- Boron-infused graphene helps quadruple performance of microsupercapacitor
- Digital signal controllers consume up to 80 percent less power
- Four-switch buck-boost converter in buck or boost mode delivers the highest efficiency
- Infineon acquisition strengthens position in global IPM market
- Battery Management System Tutorial
- High Performance Portable DC Bench Power Supply: Save Money and Free Up Bench Real Estate by Building Your Own
- A Four-Quadrant DC/DC Switching Regulator Smoothly Transitions from Positive to Negative Output Voltages for FPGA and Other Applications
- Investigating Die attach Failure in IGBTs using Power Cycling Tests
- Power Systems Design eBook
- Wireless Power User Guide
- A Novel Approach to Industrial Rectifier Systems