Low power 16-channel LED driver ICs enable brightest and clearest TV pictures
austriamicrosystems is extending its portfolio of LED BLU (backlight unit) drivers and controllers for the latest generation of LCD TVs with the AS3695A - a 16-channel white LED driver for direct lighting - and the AS3695C - a 16-channel white LED controller for edge lighting.
Both ICs feature power management and boast the best available accuracy. Outstanding driver accuracy of +/-0.5% guarantees exact brightness and color matching and channel-to-channel current matching is +/-0.2%, resulting in high lighting contrast ratios for the best possible picture quality and 3D effects. In addition, the high precision AS3695A and AS3695C include novel power feedback regulation for controlling external power supplies for the highest system efficiency and reduced power in LED backlit LCD TVs.
The devices are programmable via a SPI (serial peripheral interface) port and provide built-in safety features, including thermal shutdown and open and short LED detection. Other features include linear current setting using a 10-bit DAC, output slew rate programmability, H-Sync and V-Sync inputs to synchronize with a TV, direct PWM mode, undervoltage auto-turnoff, overvoltage auto-turnoff, temperature shutdown and fault interrupt output.
Availability and Pricing
Samples are available now. The 1,000 piece price for the AS3695A QFN is 2.10 US Dollars. The AS3695C QFN and AS3695C LQFP are 2.20 US Dollars and 2.70 US Dollars, respectively.
A demo board is available to help evaluate the AS3695A / AS3695C.
More information about the new AS3695A / AS3695C 16-channel white LED drivers at www.austriamicrosystems.com/LED-Driver/AS3695
Visit austriamicrosystems at www.austriamicrosystems.com
- Energy-as-a-service: GE combines LED and energy businesses to offer solution
- LLC controller claims best-in-class efficiency for isolated DC-DC converters
- Fastest 600-V gate driver steps up power density
- Battery cell controllers for low-cell-count connected designs
- TSMC pulls plug on solar business
- 40/60V FETs for cordless appliances add logic-level drive by MCU
- Full-bridge gate driver chips targets starter generator applications
- Stadium Group acquires Stontronics to strengthen growth plans
- Dual step-down DC/DC controller update adds PWM signals
- Synchronous rectifier controller maximises efficiency across load profiles
- 35VIN & VOUT battery charge controller delivers up to 20A
- Photo battery shines light on safer power
- Half-bridge gate driver for hybrid vehicle power systems
- Dielectric material helps keep LED packages much cooler
- DC output drive modules for reactive loads offer reverse energy protection
- Will DIY spray-on solar cells be a reality soon?
- Daimler to step into the ring against Tesla with own e-car design
- Porsche reveals prototype battery-driven sports car
- Transparent coating cools solar cells while boosting efficiency
- More-than-Moore will lead, argues GloFo's Wijburg
- Elon Musk targets high-volume solar panel dominance
- Dialog to acquire Atmel for USD4.6bn in IoT push
- Super-battery charges mobile devices in 15 seconds or less
- Hybrid solar panel roof helps slash energy bills
- Are mushrooms the answer to lithium-ion battery degradation?
- World efficiency record claimed for both sides-contacted solar cells
- DC-DC Conversion Handbook on GaN
- GaN soon on 8-inch silicon wafers, hopes MACOM
- Heat helps rechargeable batteries extend lifetimes
- Next-Generation batteries - Can all-silicon anodes be commercially viable?
- Determine Balancing Current for the LTC3305 Lead-Acid Battery Balancer
- Testing PSRR with High-Frequency Ripple
- Why Making the Move from a Variable Transformer to a VariPLUS is the Right Decision
- A SEPIC Fed Buck Converter
- Minimizing the Impact of Source Resistance on High-Voltage DC to DC Converters
- Dual Phase Buck Controller Drives High Density 1.2V/60A Supply with Submilliohm DCR Sensing
- Battery Management System Tutorial