Low power 16-channel LED driver ICs enable brightest and clearest TV pictures
austriamicrosystems is extending its portfolio of LED BLU (backlight unit) drivers and controllers for the latest generation of LCD TVs with the AS3695A - a 16-channel white LED driver for direct lighting - and the AS3695C - a 16-channel white LED controller for edge lighting.
Both ICs feature power management and boast the best available accuracy. Outstanding driver accuracy of +/-0.5% guarantees exact brightness and color matching and channel-to-channel current matching is +/-0.2%, resulting in high lighting contrast ratios for the best possible picture quality and 3D effects. In addition, the high precision AS3695A and AS3695C include novel power feedback regulation for controlling external power supplies for the highest system efficiency and reduced power in LED backlit LCD TVs.
The devices are programmable via a SPI (serial peripheral interface) port and provide built-in safety features, including thermal shutdown and open and short LED detection. Other features include linear current setting using a 10-bit DAC, output slew rate programmability, H-Sync and V-Sync inputs to synchronize with a TV, direct PWM mode, undervoltage auto-turnoff, overvoltage auto-turnoff, temperature shutdown and fault interrupt output.
Availability and Pricing
Samples are available now. The 1,000 piece price for the AS3695A QFN is 2.10 US Dollars. The AS3695C QFN and AS3695C LQFP are 2.20 US Dollars and 2.70 US Dollars, respectively.
A demo board is available to help evaluate the AS3695A / AS3695C.
More information about the new AS3695A / AS3695C 16-channel white LED drivers at www.austriamicrosystems.com/LED-Driver/AS3695
Visit austriamicrosystems at www.austriamicrosystems.com
- 35VIN & VOUT battery charge controller delivers up to 20A
- Photo battery shines light on safer power
- Half-bridge gate driver for hybrid vehicle power systems
- Dielectric material helps keep LED packages much cooler
- DC output drive modules for reactive loads offer reverse energy protection
- 700V HVIC MOSFET drivers improve reliability, cut footprint
- Quantum dot blinking - a problem solved?
- Newswatch: Can IKEA make renewable energy payoff?
- Power controllers for USB Type-C cables are now USB-IF Certified
- 60V step-down controller can eliminate intermediate power buses
- Infineon takes CoolMOS to generation 7; halves switching losses
- Digital power chipset optimises dead time automatically
- Digital isolator technology in IGBT gate drivers yields performance & lifetime
- Smart, high-power-density motor driver has 85V/10A power stage
- Power-over-Ethernet meets LED lighting: Application note
- Boeing issues fire hazard warning from lithium battery bulk shipments
- Power grid pilot highlights Europe's battery storage failings
- Smart meters can destabilize grid, study says
- Solar cell splits water to make fuel
- Solar powered flight smashes long distance records
- IBM slashes next-gen power
- Battery overheating stalls solar plane record attempt
- World first: Samsung monitor integrates inbuilt wireless charging
- Electric double-decker buses lead London's zero emission drive
- Perovskite solar cells - can production costs be lowered?
- Powering wearables: Are niobium nanowire supercapacitors the answer?
- Li-ion battery to power search for life on Mars
- Artificial light harvester reveals quantum physics of efficient photosynthesis
- Graphene nanoribbon could deliver power control for ships to smartphones
- Room temperature nanoparticles - Is there a silver lining?
- Dual Phase Buck Controller Drives High Density 1.2V/60A Supply with Submilliohm DCR Sensing
- Battery Management System Tutorial
- High Performance Portable DC Bench Power Supply: Save Money and Free Up Bench Real Estate by Building Your Own
- A Four-Quadrant DC/DC Switching Regulator Smoothly Transitions from Positive to Negative Output Voltages for FPGA and Other Applications
- Investigating Die attach Failure in IGBTs using Power Cycling Tests
- Power Systems Design eBook
- Wireless Power User Guide