Lowest-power OMAP-L1x DSP + ARM processor combines cost-sensitive benefits with real-time processing
The OMAP-L132 processor allows entry into cost-sensitive markets and is well suited for power-efficient communications and industrial applications such as:
Software defined radios: Ideal for public safety radios (PSRs), the integrated DSP core enables support for wireless protocol-specific functions, including signal filtering, modulation/demodulation and modem functions. The ARM allows user system management, control and connectivity. The OMAP-L132 processor offers a cost-effective solution for PSRs, allowing budget-restricted public safety officials to purchase more radios to help protect even more people.
Programmable automation controllers (PAC): PACs are compact controllers that combine the powerful mathematical processing and precise real-time response capability of a DSP with a PC or a digital computer to automate factory machine equipment and control the motor movement parameters such as steps, direction and speed. The ARM core enables high-level system control, communications and user interfaces. PACs based on the OMAP-L132 processor can help make the factory floor safer and more efficient, reducing factory production costs. PACs can also eliminate risk by preventing human exposure to hazardous equipment and materials.
The OMAP-L132 is software and pin compatible with several existing TMS320C674x and ARM9-based devices in TI’s portfolio, including the OMAP-L138 DSP + ARM processor and AM18x ARM microprocessors, enabling developers to quickly and easily reuse software and hardware investments to add or remove functionality and expand their product portfolios. With access to TI’s C6EZRun and C6EZAccel software development tools, developers unfamiliar with DSP can easily develop software on the DSP to achieve unmatched real-time performance while freeing-up the ARM for system control, communications and connectivity.
C6EZRun quickly ports ARM code through front-end build scripts to run on the DSP while C6EZAccel provides ARM-side APIs that offer easy access to more than 100 optimized DSP kernels, allowing system developers to add differentiation without needing to write DSP code.
Availability and Pricing
Samples of the OMAP-L132 processors are available today with industrial temperature ranges and secure boot options. Production pricing starts at $8.55 in 10,000-unit quantities. TI’s free C6EZRun and C6EZAccel software development tools are available for download. TI also offers devices in the C5000 ultra-low-power DSP platform for developers needing lower power options. Analog power management circuits that support OMAP-L132 and C5000 ultra-low-power DSPs are also available.
More information about the OMAP-L132 processor at
- Non-dimmable LED driver fits into bulb socket
- Active surge protection filter module complies with DEF STAN 61-5 issue 6 load dump requirement
- Family of nine op amps provide low quiescent current to extend battery life
- Dual module capability boosts IGBT power semiconductors to 90-kW
- 40-V, 2-A buck-boost DC/DC converter fits in 20-lead thermally enhanced TSSOP package
- High capacity industrial battery offers discharge performance benefits
- RF front-end amplifiers and filters for small cell transceivers
- Transfer-moulded super-mini dual in-line package power module rated up to 35A
- Ultra-compact high efficiency power supplies target automotive applications
- High voltage power supplies target mass spectrometry applications
- Japan prepares to become world's largest solar revenue market in 2013
- Touch screen technology goes behind the display
- Smart grid sensor market looks set to double in size by 2014
- Single-chip solar energy harvester operates wireless mesh nodes
- Bosch drives down fuel consumption - in a salami technique
- World's lowest power Bluetooth smart chip is unveiled
- Solar industry capital spending hits seven-year low in 2013 but upturn is on the cards
- Lithium-ion batteries withstand 10.000 charging cycles
- Ceramic material drastically shrinks power supplies
- 300 percent increase in battery life with low power Bluetooth wireless speaker module
- 60V Buck-Boost Controller Drives High Power LEDs
- Energy Measurement and Security for the Smart Grid
- Dangers of Aftermarket Counterfeit Battery Packs
- High Voltage Surge Stoppers Ensure Reliable Operation During Power Surges
- Motor-Drive Design made Simple
- Adaptive Cell Converter Topology Enables Constant Efficiency in PFC Applications
- Micropower Isolated Flyback Converter with Input Voltage Range from 6V to 100V
- Derating of Schottky Diodes
- Heatsink Optimization
- High Performance ZVS Buck Regulator Removes Barriers To Increased Power Throughput