Micropelt opens thermoelectric wafer and chip production plant in Germany
Unsurpassed power densities of Micropelt’s structured thin films can pump many watts of heat or generate Milliwatts of electrical power on 10 mm². Around 15 million Euros are being invested to turn the company’s technical world leadership into a corresponding market success.
“Going to volume production is a big and important milestone for us”, said Micropelt’s CEO, Fritz Volkert. “By the same token we lay the groundwork for a major change in the use of energy and resources in private households, public institutions as well as corporations around the world.” Volkert refers to the new market of thermogenerator-driven wireless sensors and micro actuators. The company is certain that processes and production equipment will soon be fully monitored by low-cost self-organizing wireless sensor networks (WSN). According to this concept both operations and maintenance can switch to always current measured data, providing for continuously improving process efficiencies and on one hand and maximized asset utilization along with optimized maintenance scheduling and execution, at both minimal cost and risk.
Visit Micropelt at www.micropelt.com
- Nanocrystallite discovery points way to device performance optimization
- ams expands PMIC family for mobile multi-core ARM processors
- Eaton to deploy energy harvesting sensors with its xEnergy switchgear system
- Chip power inductors suit deployment in power circuits of portables
- Thin-film PV achieves world-beating 21.7 percent efficiency
- Energy harvesting sensor monitors high current distribution systems
- Xiaomi selects Dialog's Bluetooth Smart IC for wearable device
- Steep growth for thermoelectric energy harvesting, says Infinergia Consulting
- FPGAs aim low-power/small outline/mid-density logic mix at interfacing functions
- Long-life paper-thin batteries target support of Internet-of-Things devices
- ChiP-based DCM DC/DC modules deliver 2x power density
- Flexible CIGS solar cells claim efficiency record
- Automotive, Industrial Power once again drive Infineon's sales
- Thin-film solar cell efficiency mystery is solved
- X-ray technique pinpoints path to non-toxic solar cells
- First round-the-world solar plane flight prepares for take-off
- Are next generation EV batteries a step closer?
- Are power management researchers really 21st century alchemists?
- GaN: The dawn of a new era?
- Overcoming patient leakage current issues
- Long life aluminium-air battery resolves rechargeable challenges
- Solar-powered radio chip monitors windows to save energy
- How to measure capacity versus bias voltage on MLCCs
- Conquering the 'kink' in sub-threshold power MOSFET behavior: A simple compact modeling approach
- Bamboo bike uses peddle power to recharge smartphones
- Apple Watch spurs wireless charging growth in 2015
- Hybrid fuel cell advance boosts power by 20 percent
- LED buck regulator with current-mode control simplifies compensation
- Product How-to: Ultra-low noise linear regulators for powering PLL/VCO and clocking ICs
- Multi-crystalline silicon PV module claims power output world record
- Investigating Die attach Failure in IGBTs using Power Cycling Tests
- Power Systems Design eBook
- Wireless Power User Guide
- A Novel Approach to Industrial Rectifier Systems
- Smartphone SoC Power Efficiency - DVFS Capacitor Switching
- Power Modules: The New Super Power
- Digital Power Management Reduces Energy Costs While Improving System Performance