Micropelt opens thermoelectric wafer and chip production plant in Germany
Unsurpassed power densities of Micropelt’s structured thin films can pump many watts of heat or generate Milliwatts of electrical power on 10 mm². Around 15 million Euros are being invested to turn the company’s technical world leadership into a corresponding market success.
“Going to volume production is a big and important milestone for us”, said Micropelt’s CEO, Fritz Volkert. “By the same token we lay the groundwork for a major change in the use of energy and resources in private households, public institutions as well as corporations around the world.” Volkert refers to the new market of thermogenerator-driven wireless sensors and micro actuators. The company is certain that processes and production equipment will soon be fully monitored by low-cost self-organizing wireless sensor networks (WSN). According to this concept both operations and maintenance can switch to always current measured data, providing for continuously improving process efficiencies and on one hand and maximized asset utilization along with optimized maintenance scheduling and execution, at both minimal cost and risk.
Visit Micropelt at www.micropelt.com
- Bluetooth Smart development kit supports Apple® HomeKit
- Chip-scale photovoltaics startup raises funds
- ROHM Semiconductor acquires digital power management specialist Powervation
- Indoor solar-powered wireless mesh delivers 99.999% data reliability
- Solid state thin film battery market takes off driven by wireless sensor networks
- Bluetooth Smart SoC family targets wireless charging for IoT
- ChiP-based DC-DC converters pack 76-W/cm3 power density
- Digi-Key inks global distribution deal with Dialog
- Low on-resistance 2A load switches for consumer applications
- Nanocrystallite discovery points way to device performance optimization
- ams expands PMIC family for mobile multi-core ARM processors
- Eaton to deploy energy harvesting sensors with its xEnergy switchgear system
- Chip power inductors suit deployment in power circuits of portables
- Thin-film PV achieves world-beating 21.7 percent efficiency
- Energy harvesting sensor monitors high current distribution systems
- Will DIY spray-on solar cells be a reality soon?
- Porsche reveals prototype battery-driven sports car
- Transparent coating cools solar cells while boosting efficiency
- More-than-Moore will lead, argues GloFo's Wijburg
- Elon Musk targets high-volume solar panel dominance
- Dialog to acquire Atmel for USD4.6bn in IoT push
- Super-battery charges mobile devices in 15 seconds or less
- Hybrid solar panel roof helps slash energy bills
- Are mushrooms the answer to lithium-ion battery degradation?
- World efficiency record claimed for both sides-contacted solar cells
- DC-DC Conversion Handbook on GaN
- Heat helps rechargeable batteries extend lifetimes
- Report: Cypress preps bid to snatch Atmel from Dialog
- Next-Generation batteries - Can all-silicon anodes be commercially viable?
- Can electron superhighway drives organic solar panel innovations?
- Determine Balancing Current for the LTC3305 Lead-Acid Battery Balancer
- Testing PSRR with High-Frequency Ripple
- Why Making the Move from a Variable Transformer to a VariPLUS is the Right Decision
- A SEPIC Fed Buck Converter
- Minimizing the Impact of Source Resistance on High-Voltage DC to DC Converters
- Dual Phase Buck Controller Drives High Density 1.2V/60A Supply with Submilliohm DCR Sensing
- Battery Management System Tutorial