Micropelt opens thermoelectric wafer and chip production plant in Germany
Unsurpassed power densities of Micropelt’s structured thin films can pump many watts of heat or generate Milliwatts of electrical power on 10 mm². Around 15 million Euros are being invested to turn the company’s technical world leadership into a corresponding market success.
“Going to volume production is a big and important milestone for us”, said Micropelt’s CEO, Fritz Volkert. “By the same token we lay the groundwork for a major change in the use of energy and resources in private households, public institutions as well as corporations around the world.” Volkert refers to the new market of thermogenerator-driven wireless sensors and micro actuators. The company is certain that processes and production equipment will soon be fully monitored by low-cost self-organizing wireless sensor networks (WSN). According to this concept both operations and maintenance can switch to always current measured data, providing for continuously improving process efficiencies and on one hand and maximized asset utilization along with optimized maintenance scheduling and execution, at both minimal cost and risk.
Visit Micropelt at www.micropelt.com
- Indoor solar-powered wireless mesh delivers 99.999% data reliability
- Solid state thin film battery market takes off driven by wireless sensor networks
- Bluetooth Smart SoC family targets wireless charging for IoT
- ChiP-based DC-DC converters pack 76-W/cm3 power density
- Digi-Key inks global distribution deal with Dialog
- Low on-resistance 2A load switches for consumer applications
- Nanocrystallite discovery points way to device performance optimization
- ams expands PMIC family for mobile multi-core ARM processors
- Eaton to deploy energy harvesting sensors with its xEnergy switchgear system
- Chip power inductors suit deployment in power circuits of portables
- Thin-film PV achieves world-beating 21.7 percent efficiency
- Energy harvesting sensor monitors high current distribution systems
- Xiaomi selects Dialog's Bluetooth Smart IC for wearable device
- Steep growth for thermoelectric energy harvesting, says Infinergia Consulting
- FPGAs aim low-power/small outline/mid-density logic mix at interfacing functions
- Revealed - The real impact of battery bounce testing
- Bias power made easy
- Will energy-saving lightbulb become graphene's first commercial success?
- Polymer discovery paves way for low-cost ultrafast batteries
- How to get higher efficiency at lower loads: A new LLC platform makes it possible
- Has Google entered the battle for next-generation batteries?
- WPT breaks all connections, Part 3
- Quick-charging hybrid supercapacitor trumps thin-film lithium battery
- Real-time power GaN waveform monitoring
- Can fast-charging aluminum-ion battery dampen safety fears?
- Power grids - How many EVs can be charged simultaneoulsy?
- WPT breaks all connections, Part 2
- Will metal-free catalyst lower rechargeable zinc-air battery costs?
- Is UK Government cutting solar subsidies too soon?
- MIT pinpoints promising pathways for solar photovoltaic power
- Battery Management System Tutorial
- High Performance Portable DC Bench Power Supply: Save Money and Free Up Bench Real Estate by Building Your Own
- A Four-Quadrant DC/DC Switching Regulator Smoothly Transitions from Positive to Negative Output Voltages for FPGA and Other Applications
- Investigating Die attach Failure in IGBTs using Power Cycling Tests
- Power Systems Design eBook
- Wireless Power User Guide
- A Novel Approach to Industrial Rectifier Systems