Micropelt opens thermoelectric wafer and chip production plant in Germany
Unsurpassed power densities of Micropelt’s structured thin films can pump many watts of heat or generate Milliwatts of electrical power on 10 mm². Around 15 million Euros are being invested to turn the company’s technical world leadership into a corresponding market success.
“Going to volume production is a big and important milestone for us”, said Micropelt’s CEO, Fritz Volkert. “By the same token we lay the groundwork for a major change in the use of energy and resources in private households, public institutions as well as corporations around the world.” Volkert refers to the new market of thermogenerator-driven wireless sensors and micro actuators. The company is certain that processes and production equipment will soon be fully monitored by low-cost self-organizing wireless sensor networks (WSN). According to this concept both operations and maintenance can switch to always current measured data, providing for continuously improving process efficiencies and on one hand and maximized asset utilization along with optimized maintenance scheduling and execution, at both minimal cost and risk.
Visit Micropelt at www.micropelt.com
- ams expands PMIC family for mobile multi-core ARM processors
- Eaton to deploy energy harvesting sensors with its xEnergy switchgear system
- Chip power inductors suit deployment in power circuits of portables
- Thin-film PV achieves world-beating 21.7 percent efficiency
- Energy harvesting sensor monitors high current distribution systems
- Xiaomi selects Dialog's Bluetooth Smart IC for wearable device
- Steep growth for thermoelectric energy harvesting, says Infinergia Consulting
- FPGAs aim low-power/small outline/mid-density logic mix at interfacing functions
- Long-life paper-thin batteries target support of Internet-of-Things devices
- ChiP-based DCM DC/DC modules deliver 2x power density
- Flexible CIGS solar cells claim efficiency record
- Automotive, Industrial Power once again drive Infineon's sales
- Thin-film solar cell efficiency mystery is solved
- X-ray technique pinpoints path to non-toxic solar cells
- Photonics breakthrough advances thin-film solar cell performance
- From 20x faster batteries to spray-on solar cells
- The benefits of the coupled inductor technology
- French-German collaborators claim solar cell efficiency world record
- BMW and Tesla look at car battery alliance
- Electrostatic potential technique harvests more of the sun’s energy
- Australian researchers claim solar energy efficiency world record
- Death to "half-power handsets"
- Do electric vehicle batteries on the grid make sense?
- Product How-to: Power supply Black Box revolutionizes customer diagnostics
- New electrolyte promises cheaper high efficiency magnesium-sulfur batteries
- How does a Blu-ray disc improve solar cell performance?
- Heliatek completes world's first BIOPV concrete façade installation
- LXI + PoE: Essential design considerations
- Freescale turns up the power: charges 15-W wirelessly
- Quantum dots are key to spray-on solar cells
- Power Systems Design eBook
- Wireless Power User Guide
- A Novel Approach to Industrial Rectifier Systems
- Smartphone SoC Power Efficiency - DVFS Capacitor Switching
- Power Modules: The New Super Power
- Digital Power Management Reduces Energy Costs While Improving System Performance
- How to Charge Supercapacitor Banks for Energy Storage