Miniature shielded power inductors offer current handling performance of larger coils
The devices deliver current handling of up to 4.2 A that compares to much larger inductors. Magnetic shielding provides more design flexibility by permitting tighter component spacing without electromagnetic interference.
The Coilcraft PFL4514 Series offers inductance values from 1.0 µH to 22 µH and an operating temperature range of -40 to +125°C. Typical DCR is as low as 80 milliOhms, enhancing performance in battery-powered devices. Where even lower DCR and higher current is required, a 0.3 mm taller part, the PFL4517 Series, is available with DCR starting at 40 milliOhms and saturation current ratings up to 6.5 A. Inductance values for the PFL4517 range from 0.68 µH to 10 µH.
The low-profile inductors are magnetically shielded and share a common footprint for design and prototyping flexibility. Composite-core construction and heavier-gauge windings provide high current handling and excellent DCR. The parts are halogen-free and RoHS-compliant, with matte tin over nickel terminations that are compatible with 260°C processing.
Availability and Pricing
Component pricing at 1,000 piece quantities is $0.50. Delivery is from stock.
More information about the PFL4514 and PFL4517 power inductors at
- Power multiplexer ICs for mobile devices
- UPS remote monitoring system IoT technology platform
- IKEA embeds wireless power transmitters in furniture and lamps
- Caence/Tensilica shapes DSP IP for low-energy SoC implementations
- 1W DC-DC converters boost isolation levels
- High-integration power management ICs targets portable computing devices
- GPTG agrees global distribution deal with Digi-Key
- 10W charger design for smart mobile devices meets latest specs
- The ultimate 'Selfie' solution: A self-powered video camera
- 200W, 98%, buck-boost regulators in 10x14mm module format
- Harvesting energy from electromagnetic waves
- Europe’s first commercial Li-ion ESS deployment supports Faroe wind farm
- Battery-backed power supplies maintain up to 115W
- Baseplate cooled AC-DC power supplies deliver 110W
- 75W triple output AC-DC power supplies
- Bias power made easy
- Revealed - The real impact of battery bounce testing
- Will energy-saving lightbulb become graphene's first commercial success?
- Polymer discovery paves way for low-cost ultrafast batteries
- How to get higher efficiency at lower loads: A new LLC platform makes it possible
- Has Google entered the battle for next-generation batteries?
- Medical devices: Where wireless charging has real impact
- WPT breaks all connections, Part 3
- Quick-charging hybrid supercapacitor trumps thin-film lithium battery
- Can fast-charging aluminum-ion battery dampen safety fears?
- Power grids - How many EVs can be charged simultaneoulsy?
- Will metal-free catalyst lower rechargeable zinc-air battery costs?
- Power management design for single-cell battery system
- How can iron fluoride triple energy storage in batteries?
- MIT pinpoints promising pathways for solar photovoltaic power
- Battery Management System Tutorial
- High Performance Portable DC Bench Power Supply: Save Money and Free Up Bench Real Estate by Building Your Own
- A Four-Quadrant DC/DC Switching Regulator Smoothly Transitions from Positive to Negative Output Voltages for FPGA and Other Applications
- Investigating Die attach Failure in IGBTs using Power Cycling Tests
- Power Systems Design eBook
- Wireless Power User Guide
- A Novel Approach to Industrial Rectifier Systems