Miniature thermoelectric power generator delivers up to 1.5 mW from a 10K temperature gradient
The HV56 is capable of producing 1.5mW of output power and an open circuit voltage of 0.25V at a 10K gradient in a footprint of only 11mm2. At a 50K temperature gradient, the HV56 produces 36.5mW of power and an open circuit voltage of 1.25V. The module is extremely thin: only 0.6mm high, and can be configured electrically in series to produce higher voltage and power outputs.
The use of thermoelectric power generators (TEGs), in which a temperature difference creates an electrical potential, can convert waste heat from thermal sources into electricity for an alternative source of energy. In reality, most heat sources come and go and the actual temperature difference depends on several factors such as the time of day, wind speed and heat output, among other variables.
Trickle charging energy storage devices using an HV56 power generator offers an ideal solution to provide steady-state energy from variable heat sources.
The eTEG HV56 is RoHS-compliant and manufactured using eutectic gold-tin (AuSn) solder, which enables assembly temperatures as high as 320°C. The module is available with an 8 to 10 week delivery lead time.
Visit Nextreme at www.nextreme.com
- Power multiplexer ICs for mobile devices
- UPS remote monitoring system IoT technology platform
- IKEA embeds wireless power transmitters in furniture and lamps
- Cadence/Tensilica shapes DSP IP for low-energy SoC implementations
- 1W DC-DC converters boost isolation levels
- High-integration power management ICs targets portable computing devices
- GPTG agrees global distribution deal with Digi-Key
- 10W charger design for smart mobile devices meets latest specs
- The ultimate 'Selfie' solution: A self-powered video camera
- 200W, 98%, buck-boost regulators in 10x14mm module format
- Harvesting energy from electromagnetic waves
- Europe’s first commercial Li-ion ESS deployment supports Faroe wind farm
- Battery-backed power supplies maintain up to 115W
- Solid state thin film battery market takes off driven by wireless sensor networks
- Baseplate cooled AC-DC power supplies deliver 110W
- Bias power made easy
- Revealed - The real impact of battery bounce testing
- Will energy-saving lightbulb become graphene's first commercial success?
- Polymer discovery paves way for low-cost ultrafast batteries
- How to get higher efficiency at lower loads: A new LLC platform makes it possible
- Has Google entered the battle for next-generation batteries?
- Medical devices: Where wireless charging has real impact
- WPT breaks all connections, Part 3
- Quick-charging hybrid supercapacitor trumps thin-film lithium battery
- Can fast-charging aluminum-ion battery dampen safety fears?
- Power grids - How many EVs can be charged simultaneoulsy?
- Will metal-free catalyst lower rechargeable zinc-air battery costs?
- Power management design for single-cell battery system
- How can iron fluoride triple energy storage in batteries?
- MIT pinpoints promising pathways for solar photovoltaic power
- Battery Management System Tutorial
- High Performance Portable DC Bench Power Supply: Save Money and Free Up Bench Real Estate by Building Your Own
- A Four-Quadrant DC/DC Switching Regulator Smoothly Transitions from Positive to Negative Output Voltages for FPGA and Other Applications
- Investigating Die attach Failure in IGBTs using Power Cycling Tests
- Power Systems Design eBook
- Wireless Power User Guide
- A Novel Approach to Industrial Rectifier Systems