Miniature thermoelectric power generator delivers up to 1.5 mW from a 10K temperature gradient
The HV56 is capable of producing 1.5mW of output power and an open circuit voltage of 0.25V at a 10K gradient in a footprint of only 11mm2. At a 50K temperature gradient, the HV56 produces 36.5mW of power and an open circuit voltage of 1.25V. The module is extremely thin: only 0.6mm high, and can be configured electrically in series to produce higher voltage and power outputs.
The use of thermoelectric power generators (TEGs), in which a temperature difference creates an electrical potential, can convert waste heat from thermal sources into electricity for an alternative source of energy. In reality, most heat sources come and go and the actual temperature difference depends on several factors such as the time of day, wind speed and heat output, among other variables.
Trickle charging energy storage devices using an HV56 power generator offers an ideal solution to provide steady-state energy from variable heat sources.
The eTEG HV56 is RoHS-compliant and manufactured using eutectic gold-tin (AuSn) solder, which enables assembly temperatures as high as 320°C. The module is available with an 8 to 10 week delivery lead time.
Visit Nextreme at www.nextreme.com
- “True 150W” AC/DC power supply in 2 x 4-in. format
- Evaluation Kit demonstrates energy harvesting switch
- Precision power analyzer claims world's highest power measurement accuracy
- Power factor correction ICs target light-load performance
- Power saving MEMS-based mirror-like display harnesses ambient light
- 700V HVIC MOSFET drivers improve reliability, cut footprint
- Exagan raises 5.7m euros to produce GaN-on-Si power-switches on 200-mm wafers
- RF power transistors to reach consumers' dishes
- IGBT and diode function on single chip deliver enhanced reliability
- 500W power supply minimises footprint
- SoC IP: ultra low-power cells for always-on blocks
- 3-channel, fully-integrated ultralow power regulator/switch
- Power modelling of mobile basestations sees problems after 2020
- 3.3V PCIe clock generators cut power draw
- Multicore SHARC+ARM SOC achieves 5x power efficiency performance
- DC/DC converter PCB layout, Part 1
- Energy in an emergency: How the evolution of the battery is having a knock on effect in emergency lighting
- LLC synchronous rectification made easy, robust and more efficient
- Measure heat usage in a radiator and gather consumption data for modern 'Green' analysis
- Quantum dot blinking - a problem solved?
- Using Wi-Fi to power the IoT
- Disposable battery life extender enables batteries last 8x longer
- Can 'designer carbon' boost battery and supercapacitor performance?
- Semisolid innovation trims lithium-ion battery costs by 50 percent
- Reduce diode losses in redundant systems with integrated power MUXes
- Samsung and LG: Reshaping the future for rechargeable mobile batteries
- Wood aerogel promises elastic high-capacity batteries
- Graphene ultracapacitor claims market’s highest energy density
- Newswatch: Can IKEA make renewable energy payoff?
- NiZn battery is validated for 12-V automotive use
- Battery Management System Tutorial
- High Performance Portable DC Bench Power Supply: Save Money and Free Up Bench Real Estate by Building Your Own
- A Four-Quadrant DC/DC Switching Regulator Smoothly Transitions from Positive to Negative Output Voltages for FPGA and Other Applications
- Investigating Die attach Failure in IGBTs using Power Cycling Tests
- Power Systems Design eBook
- Wireless Power User Guide
- A Novel Approach to Industrial Rectifier Systems