MiOS strikes OEM partnership with GOAP in Europe
GOAP, a manufacturer and distributor of energy efficient and automation solutions, is now using the MiOS software engine to add Z-Wave capabilities to its product line. Through the OEM agreement, GOAP will be offering the MiOS engine through its NETIC brand product line that provides energy management and automation solutions to hotels, residential and business buildings and the marine segment. This new partnership will bring MiOS to GOAP's distribution partners across the entire Balkans as well as on the Iberian peninsula and in Turkey and Egypt.
MiOS is a powerful, flexible software engine developed to give a home owner, light commercial enterprise operator, or small business owner the tools to save energy and increase security from anywhere in the world. MiOS can be embedded into many consumer electronic devices, instantly adding home automation functionality. MiOS was founded in 2008 and launched its control engine as part of the Mi Casa Verde brand gateway product line (www.micasaverde.com). MiOS now acts as an OEM control and gateway software provider to a variety of brands in the U.S. and Europe.
GOAP is focused on the development of home automation products and solutions for hotels, residential, office buildings and cruise ships. GOAP’s products and solutions are registered under the brand NETIC. From its establishment, GOAP serves the global markets for automation and energy efficient heating and air-conditioning systems for tourist cruise ships. The company has transferred its knowledge to land-based businesses as well, where the company's main activity is implementation of automation systems for different types of buildings.
The Z-Wave Alliance is a consortium of over 160 companies worldwide who use the Z-Wave technology in their products and services. Alliance members collaborate on the advancement of the Z-Wave technology and on solutions in market areas including; smart home, smart energy, security, remote home management, hospitality, and aging independently. The Alliance operates an interoperability and coexistence test lab that is open to Alliance members and non-members.
For more information about Z-Wave please visit www.z-wave.com .
Z-Wave is a technology designed to bring wireless control to every aspect of daily life, including home appliances, consumer electronics, healthcare, and energy use. Z-Wave certified products are currently available from consumer brands in more than 600 products.
- SiGe transceivers for mm-wave wireless backhaul
- Sine wave filter targets 600VAC and 690VAC drives
- Remote controller handles hundreds of functions with just four buttons
- Travelling wave tube amplifiers cover 1 to 40 GHz
- TWTAs expanded to cover 12.75 to 14.5 GHz Ku Band frequencies
- Thin and thick film resistive product series optimized for 4W to 800W
- 750 W peak power Ku-band HPA in tiny package
- GreenWave Reality integrates Z-Wave technology into its new SmartHome solution
- LCD touch screen control interface for high-power traveling wave tube amplifiers
- 6-GHz matched dual RMS detectors enable accurate VSWR measurements
- Volvo evaluates flywheel hybrid drive - fuel savings of up to 25%
- PV storage market is set to grow to USD19bn by 2017
- Accutronics offers new custom battery service
- Nordic Semiconductor releases world's smallest Bluetooth low energy and ANT+ ICs
- Power-One enters into patent license agreement with Microchip
- Quad-MOSFET solution boosts efficiency and eliminates heat sinking in active bridge applications
- Advanced microcontroller combines floating point and low leakage technology to achieve longest battery lifetime in portable applications
- Power MOSFETs are 80 percent smaller than conventional chips while offering better thermal dissipation
- Market for GaN and SiC power semiconductors set to rise by factor of 18 in next decade
- Research project to strengthen Europe's role as power semiconductor production site kicks off at Infineon in Villach
- High Voltage Surge Stoppers Ensure Reliable Operation During Power Surges
- Motor-Drive Design made Simple
- Adaptive Cell Converter Topology Enables Constant Efficiency in PFC Applications
- Micropower Isolated Flyback Converter with Input Voltage Range from 6V to 100V
- Derating of Schottky Diodes
- Heatsink Optimization
- High Performance ZVS Buck Regulator Removes Barriers To Increased Power Throughput
- Waste heat replaces batteries
- Stepper Motor Control IC
- 50Ω Gain Block IF Amplifier