MOSFET controller raises efficiency of AC-DC converters
Designed to maximize circuit efficiency and help achieve Energy Star product ratings, ZXGD3103N8 enables designers to reduce rectifier losses by up to 70 percent and increase power supply efficiency by up to 3.5 percent.
Comprising a differential amplifier detector and high current driver, the ZXGD3103N8 monitors MOSFET reverse voltage and applies a positive turn-on voltage to the gate if body diode conduction is detected. Being proportional to the MOSFET drain-source reverse voltage the gate drive voltage guards against premature turn-off of the MOSFET thereby maximizing circuit efficiency.
To further improve efficiency, the MOSFET controller's low detector threshold voltage, typically 10 mV, means that body diode conduction is kept to an absolute minimum. In addition, very fast turn-off propagation and fall times, respectively 15 ns and 20 ns, ensures shoot-through or reverse current conduction are minimised, again, helping to maximize power supply circuit efficiency.
With its wide operating voltage range, the SO8 packaged ZXGD3103N8 can be powered directly from supply rails between 5 V and 15 V or higher via external regulator. Its ability to block drain voltages up to 180 V means no external clamping circuit is required and its low standby current, typically 5 mA, enables compliance with the Energy Star standby rating.
The ZXGD3103N8 synchronous MOSFET controller is priced at 0.50 US Dollars in 10,000 piece quantities.
Related link: www.diodes.com
- A new measure for wireless power transfer to support highly efficient links
- SMIC to report Tunnel-FET extension to CMOS
- Can candle soot help power Electric Vehicles?
- Solar bypass semiconductor device protects PV from lighting
- Integrated 7.8 mΩ power switch handles 9A, with reverse-blocking
- Tektronix/Keithley adds high-current/power bench PSU variants
- Bulk capacitance on high-current PCB rails safely controlled with 30V MOSFET
- Can vertically-grown organic semiconductors reshape solar cells and LEDs?
- LLC controller claims best-in-class efficiency for isolated DC-DC converters
- USB power supply is designed for automotive environments
- Low-power battery management for wearables/IoT
- Six-supply sequencer with NV configuration & fault logging
- Fastest 600-V gate driver steps up power density
- Online power supply configurator supplants custom solutions
- Keeping robots on the move - smartening up solar harvesting
- Will DIY spray-on solar cells be a reality soon?
- Porsche reveals prototype battery-driven sports car
- Transparent coating cools solar cells while boosting efficiency
- More-than-Moore will lead, argues GloFo's Wijburg
- Elon Musk targets high-volume solar panel dominance
- Dialog to acquire Atmel for USD4.6bn in IoT push
- Super-battery charges mobile devices in 15 seconds or less
- Hybrid solar panel roof helps slash energy bills
- Are mushrooms the answer to lithium-ion battery degradation?
- World efficiency record claimed for both sides-contacted solar cells
- DC-DC Conversion Handbook on GaN
- Heat helps rechargeable batteries extend lifetimes
- Next-Generation batteries - Can all-silicon anodes be commercially viable?
- Report: Cypress preps bid to snatch Atmel from Dialog
- Can electron superhighway drives organic solar panel innovations?
- Determine Balancing Current for the LTC3305 Lead-Acid Battery Balancer
- Testing PSRR with High-Frequency Ripple
- Why Making the Move from a Variable Transformer to a VariPLUS is the Right Decision
- A SEPIC Fed Buck Converter
- Minimizing the Impact of Source Resistance on High-Voltage DC to DC Converters
- Dual Phase Buck Controller Drives High Density 1.2V/60A Supply with Submilliohm DCR Sensing
- Battery Management System Tutorial