MOSFET controller raises efficiency of AC-DC converters
Designed to maximize circuit efficiency and help achieve Energy Star product ratings, ZXGD3103N8 enables designers to reduce rectifier losses by up to 70 percent and increase power supply efficiency by up to 3.5 percent.
Comprising a differential amplifier detector and high current driver, the ZXGD3103N8 monitors MOSFET reverse voltage and applies a positive turn-on voltage to the gate if body diode conduction is detected. Being proportional to the MOSFET drain-source reverse voltage the gate drive voltage guards against premature turn-off of the MOSFET thereby maximizing circuit efficiency.
To further improve efficiency, the MOSFET controller's low detector threshold voltage, typically 10 mV, means that body diode conduction is kept to an absolute minimum. In addition, very fast turn-off propagation and fall times, respectively 15 ns and 20 ns, ensures shoot-through or reverse current conduction are minimised, again, helping to maximize power supply circuit efficiency.
With its wide operating voltage range, the SO8 packaged ZXGD3103N8 can be powered directly from supply rails between 5 V and 15 V or higher via external regulator. Its ability to block drain voltages up to 180 V means no external clamping circuit is required and its low standby current, typically 5 mA, enables compliance with the Energy Star standby rating.
The ZXGD3103N8 synchronous MOSFET controller is priced at 0.50 US Dollars in 10,000 piece quantities.
Related link: www.diodes.com
- UK becomes only bright spot in Europe's solar market
- Intepro expands to support growth plans
- Ultra-low-power 32-bit MCU platform targets industrial and IoT applications
- Single-channel comparator extends battery life in low-voltage portable devices
- Is UK Government cutting solar subsidies too soon?
- Bluetooth Smart SoC family targets wireless charging for IoT
- micro-PMIC provides integrated power management for wearable devices
- Software simulation of ST power devices, by free download tool
- Bosch CEO predicts cheaper batteries, networked traffic
- Graphene-based solar cells and LEDs take step closer
- 150V diodes combine switching speed and softness
- Extended temperature MOSFETs offer power density benefits
- 90-A POL DC/DC converter focuses on high-demand networking
- ChiP-based DC-DC converters pack 76-W/cm3 power density
- SMIF revises PMBus standard to speed implementation
- High efficiency resonant mode implementation using digital control
- A simple method for determining the optimal operating point of an LED
- World’s first polychrome organic solar module is revealed
- Simple analog ASIC solves difficult thermal analysis problems
- Can Dyson clean up in the battery sector?
- IKEA and Samsung back Qi wireless charging advance
- Data-acquisition: The key to a smart electrical grid
- WPT breaks all connections, Part 1
- Solar-powered plane completes first leg of global record attempt
- Battery-less IoT connectivity enabled by low-power & multi-standard wireless MCU
- Solar plane passes new test ahead of planned world tour
- Lithium battery shipments on passenger planes face ban
- Real-time power GaN waveform monitoring
- Lithium storage principle offers higher energy storage densities
- Advantages of power blocks for high-current POLs
- High Performance Portable DC Bench Power Supply: Save Money and Free Up Bench Real Estate by Building Your Own
- A Four-Quadrant DC/DC Switching Regulator Smoothly Transitions from Positive to Negative Output Voltages for FPGA and Other Applications
- Investigating Die attach Failure in IGBTs using Power Cycling Tests
- Power Systems Design eBook
- Wireless Power User Guide
- A Novel Approach to Industrial Rectifier Systems
- Smartphone SoC Power Efficiency - DVFS Capacitor Switching