MOSFET controller raises efficiency of AC-DC converters
Designed to maximize circuit efficiency and help achieve Energy Star product ratings, ZXGD3103N8 enables designers to reduce rectifier losses by up to 70 percent and increase power supply efficiency by up to 3.5 percent.
Comprising a differential amplifier detector and high current driver, the ZXGD3103N8 monitors MOSFET reverse voltage and applies a positive turn-on voltage to the gate if body diode conduction is detected. Being proportional to the MOSFET drain-source reverse voltage the gate drive voltage guards against premature turn-off of the MOSFET thereby maximizing circuit efficiency.
To further improve efficiency, the MOSFET controller's low detector threshold voltage, typically 10 mV, means that body diode conduction is kept to an absolute minimum. In addition, very fast turn-off propagation and fall times, respectively 15 ns and 20 ns, ensures shoot-through or reverse current conduction are minimised, again, helping to maximize power supply circuit efficiency.
With its wide operating voltage range, the SO8 packaged ZXGD3103N8 can be powered directly from supply rails between 5 V and 15 V or higher via external regulator. Its ability to block drain voltages up to 180 V means no external clamping circuit is required and its low standby current, typically 5 mA, enables compliance with the Energy Star standby rating.
The ZXGD3103N8 synchronous MOSFET controller is priced at 0.50 US Dollars in 10,000 piece quantities.
Related link: www.diodes.com
- Low-power modules stay reliable at freezing temperatures
- Qualcomm enables wireless charging for mobile devices with metal cases
- Eight percent of Europe’s electricity now supplied by wind energy
- 3 kW Platinum front-end AC/DC PSU for Power over Ethernet
- ROHM Semiconductor acquires digital power management specialist Powervation
- Graphene nanoribbon could deliver power control for ships to smartphones
- TI adds advanced WEBENCH tools for expert power-supply designers
- Infineon MOSFETs deliver highest energy efficiency in minimum packaging
- IBM slashes next-gen power
- 35VIN & VOUT battery charge controller delivers up to 20A
- Channel power monitor measures land mobile radio performance
- Power amplifiers cover 2-50 GHz to simplify instrumentation applications
- Wireless power transmitter/receiver coils for wearables
- Cree acquires APEI to boost SiC power modules penetration
- 150W and 225W, external medical-spec power supplies
- Boeing issues fire hazard warning from lithium battery bulk shipments
- Power grid pilot highlights Europe's battery storage failings
- Samsung and LG: Reshaping the future for rechargeable mobile batteries
- Graphene ultracapacitor claims market’s highest energy density
- Smart meters can destabilize grid, study says
- Solar powered flight smashes long distance records
- Solar cell splits water to make fuel
- Nanogenerator harvests energy from rolling tires
- IBM slashes next-gen power
- Battery overheating stalls solar plane record attempt
- Electric double-decker buses lead London's zero emission drive
- Perovskite solar cells - can production costs be lowered?
- World first: Samsung monitor integrates inbuilt wireless charging
- Powering wearables: Are niobium nanowire supercapacitors the answer?
- Li-ion battery to power search for life on Mars
- Dual Phase Buck Controller Drives High Density 1.2V/60A Supply with Submilliohm DCR Sensing
- Battery Management System Tutorial
- High Performance Portable DC Bench Power Supply: Save Money and Free Up Bench Real Estate by Building Your Own
- A Four-Quadrant DC/DC Switching Regulator Smoothly Transitions from Positive to Negative Output Voltages for FPGA and Other Applications
- Investigating Die attach Failure in IGBTs using Power Cycling Tests
- Power Systems Design eBook
- Wireless Power User Guide