MOSFETs with integrated self-protection improve switching of inductive loads
The ZXMS6006DG/SG single-transistor MOSFET and its dual-transistor counterpart ZXMS6006DT8 feature thermal shutdown, protection against short circuit, overvoltage and overcurrent as well as ESD protected inputs. They are specified for 60V and 75 mΩ typ.
The dual-channel ZXMS6006DT8 integrates overtemperature, overvoltage and ESD protection in each one of the two independent and isolated switching channels. With its SM8 package, the device offers 30% better thermal efficiency than competing components with SO8 package.
The single-channel ZXM6006DG (drain connected to tab) and ZXMS6006SG (source connected to tab) feature the compact SOT23 package which allows high dissipation. These two products are a cost-efficient alternative to competing solutions. They are specified for a nominal current of 2.8A at 5V input voltage and an avalanche clamping energy of 490mJ.
Pricing for the two single-channel MOSFETs ZXMS6006DG and ZXMS6006SG is 0.34$ in quantities of ten thousands. The two-channel variant ZXMS6006DT8 carries a price tag of 0.50$ for the same quantity. Application fields for the MOSFETs are automotive and industrial markets in the first place, Diodes says.
For further information please visit www.diodes.com
- Plug-&-play kits to explore & evaluate wireless charging
- DC electronic load limits heat dissipation with energy return to AC mains
- Altera brings in ZMDI to boost digital power control integration
- SIP-format PoL converters add 20, 30 and 50 A variants
- 650V IGBTs for 20 kHz power-switching applications
- Research project combines valet parking, battery charging
- Control hot-swap USB loads with 0.2A power switch
- Super-fast switching diodes with ultra-low leakage
- 1200V IGBTs optimise low-frequency hard switching, to 8 kHz
- Step-down DC/DC boosts efficiency in portables
- 48V regulators deliver 100W from a 1-cm-square package
- 1.9W Class-D audio amplifier delivers high SPL for low power drain
- GaN Systems raises extra USD20m to fund growth plans
- Perovskites: Can focusing on 'dark' flaws boost efficiencies?
- Low operating-current shunt regulator betters 431 specs, replaces Zeners
- Can your phone batteries keep you secret on the internet?
- Tesla reveals snakebot electric car charger
- Gaming computers: How easy is it to plug the energy blackhole?
- Can hydrogen charge your iPhone for a week?
- Samsung partners MIT to create longer-lasting solid-state rechargeable batteries
- UK Government to trial charge-as-you-drive 'electric motorways'
- 'Aqueous solar flow' battery 20 percent more efficient than lithium-iodine batteries
- Could nanowire artificial photosynthesis put an end to fracking?
- CEO interview: Ambiq sees broader options for low voltage
- Another fusion reactor breakthrough
- Fraunhofer develops cost-effective wireless charging system
- Simplified organic solar cells boost efficiency while lowering costs
- World's smallest emergency phone charger makes Kickstarter debut
- Smarter, lighter car battery replaces lead acid types
- Micro rake doubles efficiency of inexpensive solar cells
- Testing PSRR with High-Frequency Ripple
- Why Making the Move from a Variable Transformer to a VariPLUS is the Right Decision
- A SEPIC Fed Buck Converter
- Minimizing the Impact of Source Resistance on High-Voltage DC to DC Converters
- Dual Phase Buck Controller Drives High Density 1.2V/60A Supply with Submilliohm DCR Sensing
- Battery Management System Tutorial
- High Performance Portable DC Bench Power Supply: Save Money and Free Up Bench Real Estate by Building Your Own