MOSFETs with integrated self-protection improve switching of inductive loads
The ZXMS6006DG/SG single-transistor MOSFET and its dual-transistor counterpart ZXMS6006DT8 feature thermal shutdown, protection against short circuit, overvoltage and overcurrent as well as ESD protected inputs. They are specified for 60V and 75 mΩ typ.
The dual-channel ZXMS6006DT8 integrates overtemperature, overvoltage and ESD protection in each one of the two independent and isolated switching channels. With its SM8 package, the device offers 30% better thermal efficiency than competing components with SO8 package.
The single-channel ZXM6006DG (drain connected to tab) and ZXMS6006SG (source connected to tab) feature the compact SOT23 package which allows high dissipation. These two products are a cost-efficient alternative to competing solutions. They are specified for a nominal current of 2.8A at 5V input voltage and an avalanche clamping energy of 490mJ.
Pricing for the two single-channel MOSFETs ZXMS6006DG and ZXMS6006SG is 0.34$ in quantities of ten thousands. The two-channel variant ZXMS6006DT8 carries a price tag of 0.50$ for the same quantity. Application fields for the MOSFETs are automotive and industrial markets in the first place, Diodes says.
For further information please visit www.diodes.com
- 40A point-of-load power-conversion for high-performance FPGAs, SoCs and memory
- High-stability, low-power voltage reference
- 4A, low resistance load switch with controlled turn-on
- POL regulator integrated modules target 25/33-A applications
- Smaller packaging for 60V power MOSFET
- 6A & 18A, point-of-load DC/DC regulator modules
- Programmable buck converter in smaller space
- 200V and 250V fast diodes optimised for body diode hard commutation
- Cree claims the most powerful SiC Schottky diodes
- High-power TVS diodes for AC/DC power line applications
- Synthetic ferrimagnet promises energy efficienct thermally induced switching
- Wireless charging shift ahead
- 300W electronic load simulates PV panels
- 1A switching regulators offer up to 95% efficiency, replace TI Power Trends legacy types
- AC/DC controller with integrated PFC reduces standby power in 100W PSUs
- Fly-buck adds well-regulated isolated outputs to a buck without optocouplers
- Newswatch: Will pollution in China cloud Tesla's battery plans?
- SMPS: a crucial component of the system data center
- Tesla car battery fires caused by road debris damage
- III-V solar cells on graphene break efficiency record
- Power Tip 69: A simple oversight can ruin EMI performance
- Packaging advances match semiconductor progress in power converter miniaturisation
- Quantum dot solar concentrator opens energy harvesting window
- Slideshow: Focusing on power trends at APEC 2014
- Perovskite-based solar cell breakthrough offers 24-hour benefits
- Simple PS voltage splitters based on audio amplifiers - Part 3
- Solar cell efficiency - Is it all in the mix?
- Four-quadrant DC/DC switching regulator smoothly transitions from positive to negative output voltages for FPGA
- Panasonic cracks solar cell 25 percent conversion efficiency barrier
- Chemical breakthrough optimizes solar cell efficiency performance
- Integrated Analog and Digital Power Supply for Remote Sensors
- USB 5V 2.5A Output, 42V Input Synchronous Buck with Cable Drop Compensation
- Supplying DC input power to string inverters
- Optimise Thermal Management of ChiP Products
- ON Semiconductor Hybrid Power Solutions
- High Efficiency, 150V 100mA Synchronous Step-Down Regulator
- High-voltage DC distribution is key to increased system efficiency and renewable-energy opportunities