Mouser launches new Solar Technology PKC training site for engineers
The new technology training site serves as a helpful knowledge base for the newest solar applications while showcasing the newest products and latest technologies. Engineers can learn more about the various categories of solar technology, such as solar micro inverters, photovoltaic wiring, connector systems, junction and combiner boxes, solar disconnect switches and feed-in breaker circuits. With a simple click, they can view the newest products from top manufacturers to support these systems and applications.
"The global solar power market has experienced tremendous growth during the last three years due to increasing concerns about energy," explains "Factors such as rising energy prices and volatility over fuel costs have contributed to the acceleration of market growth. In response, Mouser wanted to launch a solar technology site that provided a real benefit to the engineer, and was more than just a list of part numbers."
"We wanted to provide technology guidance to help customers select the correct components to fit their design requirements by providing solution-based content for these new solar technologies," said Kevin Hess, Mouser Electronics Vice President of Technical Marketing. "For example, when it comes to leading the renewable energy revolution, there are several photovoltaic breakthroughs that have brightened the outlook for cost-effective solar power. Innovators, such as Texas Instruments, STMicroelectronics, NXP Semiconductors and Nichicon, to name a few, are changing the game with new advancements. As a design-fulfillment distributor, our goal is to give our customers the products and knowledge they need to bring innovations to market faster."
Mouser offers customers 19 global support locations and stocks the world's widest selection of the latest semiconductors and electronic components for the newest design projects. Mouser Electronics' website is updated daily and searches more than eight million products to locate more than two million orderable part numbers available for easy online purchase.
Visit the new site at www.mouser.com/solar_technology
To view the complete library of Mouser's Product Knowledge Center training sites, go to www.mouser.com/pkc
- “True 150W” AC/DC power supply in 2 x 4-in. format
- Precision power analyzer claims world's highest power measurement accuracy
- Perovskite solar cells achieve energy conversion efficiency milestone
- Four-junction solar cell sets world efficiency record for CPV module
- Power factor correction ICs target light-load performance
- Power saving MEMS-based mirror-like display harnesses ambient light
- 700V HVIC MOSFET drivers improve reliability, cut footprint
- Exagan raises 5.7m euros to produce GaN-on-Si power-switches on 200-mm wafers
- RF power transistors to reach consumers' dishes
- IGBT and diode function on single chip deliver enhanced reliability
- 500W power supply minimises footprint
- Plant-inspired solar cell design promises improved efficiency
- Excelsys signs UK distribution deal with Astute Electronics
- Metal-organic framework compounds: The future for flexible solar cells?
- SoC IP: ultra low-power cells for always-on blocks
- DC/DC converter PCB layout, Part 1
- Energy in an emergency: How the evolution of the battery is having a knock on effect in emergency lighting
- LLC synchronous rectification made easy, robust and more efficient
- Measure heat usage in a radiator and gather consumption data for modern 'Green' analysis
- Quantum dot blinking - a problem solved?
- Using Wi-Fi to power the IoT
- Disposable battery life extender enables batteries last 8x longer
- Can 'designer carbon' boost battery and supercapacitor performance?
- Semisolid innovation trims lithium-ion battery costs by 50 percent
- Reduce diode losses in redundant systems with integrated power MUXes
- Wood aerogel promises elastic high-capacity batteries
- Samsung and LG: Reshaping the future for rechargeable mobile batteries
- Graphene ultracapacitor claims market’s highest energy density
- Newswatch: Can IKEA make renewable energy payoff?
- NiZn battery is validated for 12-V automotive use
- Battery Management System Tutorial
- High Performance Portable DC Bench Power Supply: Save Money and Free Up Bench Real Estate by Building Your Own
- A Four-Quadrant DC/DC Switching Regulator Smoothly Transitions from Positive to Negative Output Voltages for FPGA and Other Applications
- Investigating Die attach Failure in IGBTs using Power Cycling Tests
- Power Systems Design eBook
- Wireless Power User Guide
- A Novel Approach to Industrial Rectifier Systems