New bipolar family comes in super-small-size package to saves space in smart phones
As strong consumer demand drives increasing functionality in ever smaller form factors of handheld gadgets and other portable computing devices, this new family is expected to be used in a wide range of electronic products, including cameras, portable multimedia players, Bluetooth headsets and tablet PCs, as well as smart phones.
Offering a tenfold higher power density, the new NPN and PNP bipolar transistors come in the DFN1006 package, which has a 0.6 mm2 footprint - 13 times smaller than SOT23 leaded package - and an off-board height of 0.4 mm, which is even lower than the industry standard. In addition to being significantly smaller than the equivalent leaded packages, such as SOT323, SOT523 and SOT723, these new devices offer superior thermal performance.
These small-signal bipolar transistors offer 15 to 50 V capability and are able to operate in high switching speed applications for frequencies up to 250 MHz, and can handle up to 1 A peak current, making the devices ideal for handling load-switching applications. The family also delivers typical On-resistance of less than 300 mohm at 0.5 A, reducing conduction losses.
Available on 10,000-piece reels, pricing starts at $0.06 each in quantities of 10,000.
Visit Diodes at www.diodes.com
- TVS protection diodes provide 2 percent breakdown voltage tolerance
- DC/DC converters in ultra-small package
- Protection device makes one-cell, lithium-rechargeable battery packs safer
- Surface mount SP2T switch handles 100-W of continuous power from 100 MHz to 1 GHz
- 100V MOSFET H-bridge in a 22.5 mm˛ package, drives array-scale loads
- Battery-protection IC with precision voltage detection
- GaN RF power transistors in 10 to 200-W ratings
- Single-chip protection IC for 1-Cell Li+ battery packs
- Packaged P-channel MOSFETs cut load-switching losses
- PSU controller for ultra-low standby power in USB chargers
- Switch-mode AC-DC regulator enables ultra-low standby power in USB chargers
- HV protection diodes are automotive-rated, in small outline
- Bulk capacitance on high-current PCB rails safely controlled with 30V MOSFET
- Can vertically-grown organic semiconductors reshape solar cells and LEDs?
- Keep it turned up to 11 – audio PA transistors in smaller package
- Lithium-ion battery shipments on passenger planes face international ban
- England unveils incentives to switch to electric cars
- Are lithium battery nanoparticles a landfill hazard?
- Power outage LED lightbulb prepares to enter mass production
- Superoxide boosts lithium-air battery performance
- Innovative powertrain reduces fuel consumption significantly
- Safer lithium-ion battery shuts down before overheating
- BMW launches energy storage company
- Two-stage power management solution boosts energy-harvesting efficiency
- FDSOI 28-nm memory compiler offers 50 percent dynamic power savings
- Graphene cage for silicon anode boosts high-performance batteries
- Self-heating lithium-ion battery combats freezing tempatures
- Cathode innovation aims for high capacity lithium-ion batteries
- Transparent metamaterials boost prospect of low power photonic circuits
- Solar-cell 'doctor' seeks to cure greenhouse gas emission problems
- Rotor temperature monitoring with wireless and battery-free sensors
- 42V Quad Monolithic Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with 30μA Quiescent Current
- Differential Drive CMOS Rectifiers for RF Energy Harvesting
- Compensation Methods in Voltage Regulators
- Digital Power System Management - Take Control of Your Power Supplies
- Battery Size Matters
- Isolation in AC Motor Drives: Understanding the IEC 61800-5-1 Safety Standard