New bipolar family comes in super-small-size package to saves space in smart phones
As strong consumer demand drives increasing functionality in ever smaller form factors of handheld gadgets and other portable computing devices, this new family is expected to be used in a wide range of electronic products, including cameras, portable multimedia players, Bluetooth headsets and tablet PCs, as well as smart phones.
Offering a tenfold higher power density, the new NPN and PNP bipolar transistors come in the DFN1006 package, which has a 0.6 mm2 footprint - 13 times smaller than SOT23 leaded package - and an off-board height of 0.4 mm, which is even lower than the industry standard. In addition to being significantly smaller than the equivalent leaded packages, such as SOT323, SOT523 and SOT723, these new devices offer superior thermal performance.
These small-signal bipolar transistors offer 15 to 50 V capability and are able to operate in high switching speed applications for frequencies up to 250 MHz, and can handle up to 1 A peak current, making the devices ideal for handling load-switching applications. The family also delivers typical On-resistance of less than 300 mohm at 0.5 A, reducing conduction losses.
Available on 10,000-piece reels, pricing starts at $0.06 each in quantities of 10,000.
Visit Diodes at www.diodes.com
- Control hot-swap USB loads with 0.2A power switch
- Super-fast switching diodes with ultra-low leakage
- RF power transistors to reach consumers' dishes
- Step-down DC/DC boosts efficiency in portables
- LDO targets small consumer devices and wearables
- Double-sided cooling package for Toshiba's 30/60V power MOSFETs
- 1.9W Class-D audio amplifier delivers high SPL for low power drain
- Are hybrid perovskite field-effect transistors the future for solar cells?
- Perovskites: Can focusing on 'dark' flaws boost efficiencies?
- Low operating-current shunt regulator betters 431 specs, replaces Zeners
- Single-channel comparator extends battery life in low-voltage portable devices
- Graphene-based solar cells and LEDs take step closer
- GaN Systems uprates custom GaN transistor package with topside cooling
- 150V diodes combine switching speed and softness
- ChiP-based DC-DC converters pack 76-W/cm3 power density
- Boeing issues fire hazard warning from lithium battery bulk shipments
- Power grid pilot highlights Europe's battery storage failings
- Samsung and LG: Reshaping the future for rechargeable mobile batteries
- Graphene ultracapacitor claims market’s highest energy density
- Smart meters can destabilize grid, study says
- Solar powered flight smashes long distance records
- Solar cell splits water to make fuel
- Nanogenerator harvests energy from rolling tires
- IBM slashes next-gen power
- Battery overheating stalls solar plane record attempt
- Electric double-decker buses lead London's zero emission drive
- Perovskite solar cells - can production costs be lowered?
- World first: Samsung monitor integrates inbuilt wireless charging
- Powering wearables: Are niobium nanowire supercapacitors the answer?
- Li-ion battery to power search for life on Mars
- Dual Phase Buck Controller Drives High Density 1.2V/60A Supply with Submilliohm DCR Sensing
- Battery Management System Tutorial
- High Performance Portable DC Bench Power Supply: Save Money and Free Up Bench Real Estate by Building Your Own
- A Four-Quadrant DC/DC Switching Regulator Smoothly Transitions from Positive to Negative Output Voltages for FPGA and Other Applications
- Investigating Die attach Failure in IGBTs using Power Cycling Tests
- Power Systems Design eBook
- Wireless Power User Guide