New DrMOS device family offers 94 percent efficiency in 6-mm x 6-mm form factor
Generation II XS DrMOS devices, available in a small, 6 mm x 6 mm high performance clip PQFN package, feature higher system efficiency with over 91.5 percent heavy load efficiency at 12 Vin, 1 Vout, and 25 A, and 94 percent peak efficiency. Generation II XS DrMOS can be operated at a 2 MHz switching frequency and have up to 50 A of current handling capability.
Leveraging the company’s expertise in MOSFETs, gate driver ICs, and packaging technology, Fairchild optimized Generation II XS DrMOS devices for greater efficiency and developed new features. These enhancements make the Generation II XS DrMOS family ideal for applications such as blade servers, high performance gaming motherboards, high performance notebooks, graphic cards, and high current DC-DC point-of-load (POL) converters.
Devices in the portfolio offer a 5 V and 3.3 V Tristate level to match the Intel 4.0 DrMOS specification and are compatible with a variety of PWM controllers on the market. The Generation II XS DrMOS portfolio reduces ringing due to PowerTrench MOSFET Shielded Gate technology in both the control FET and synchronous FET. The synchronous FET also integrates a Schottky diode which eliminates external snubber circuits, improving overall performance and power density while reducing space and cost. Generation II XS DrMOS devices also include a thermal warning feature for customers to prevent over temperature conditions during fault situations.
The Generation II XS DrMOS portfolio is able to meet different customer and application needs.
Fairchild Semiconductor’s Generation II XS DrMOS series provides industry-leading technology to meet the energy efficiency and form factor challenges encountered in today’s designs. Generation II XS DrMOS devices are part of Fairchild’s energy efficient power analog, power discrete and optoelectronics solutions that maximize energy savings in power sensitive applications.
Availability and Pricing
Samples of the devices are available now. The FDMF6705 is priced at $2.86 in 1,000 quantity pieces.
The FDMF6705V is priced at $2.92 in 1,000 quantity pieces. The FDMF6706C is priced at $3.30 in 1,000 quantity pieces. The FDMC6707B is priced at $3.96 in 1,000 quantity pieces.
More information about the family of Generation II XS DrMOS devices at:
- Power capacitor addresses e-mobility
- Low power, USB Type-C charger & device reference designs from Lattice
- Multi-channel load sink driver consumes 12x less power
- LDO regulator has ultra-low noise, high PSRR, for sensitive RF applications
- Bluetooth SoCs target ultra-low power Blue Gecko applications
- Single output, 5-20W medically approved power supplies
- Power factor correction boost controller achieves 0.99 PF
- Silicon carbide semiconductor switches enhance energy efficiency
- LED power supply market to triple in next five years
- 800W, micro redundant industrial PC power supply in 1-U space
- 200W DC/DC has ultra-wide output voltage range for radio PA applications
- SMD DC-DC converters uprate efficiency, isolation and temperature range
- WPC extends capabilities of Qi wireless power standard
- Power supply design tool is offered as cloud-based app
- Voltage optimisation innovation provides renewable energy at peak times
- How to ground and power complex circuits
- Low EMI automotive power designs
- Envelope Tracking Modulator with quad power IC and FPGA control
- World’s first polychrome organic solar module is revealed
- Simple analog ASIC solves difficult thermal analysis problems
- Power supply de-rating in practice
- LDO design techniques for small spaces
- Will energy-harvesting 3D printed trees charge your smartphone?
- Ultra-low power system for wearable devices
- Can 'baking powder' effect boost solar cell efficiencies?
- Plugging solar cell pinholes key to perovskite performance
- Challenges in battery management for hybrid/electric vehicles
- Tesla reveals plans to target household energy-storage market
- Shrimp shells provide cheap sustainable solar cell material
- Optimized perovskite films claim record power conversion efficiencies
- A Four-Quadrant DC/DC Switching Regulator Smoothly Transitions from Positive to Negative Output Voltages for FPGA and Other Applications
- Investigating Die attach Failure in IGBTs using Power Cycling Tests
- Power Systems Design eBook
- Wireless Power User Guide
- A Novel Approach to Industrial Rectifier Systems
- Smartphone SoC Power Efficiency - DVFS Capacitor Switching
- Power Modules: The New Super Power