New DrMOS device family offers 94 percent efficiency in 6-mm x 6-mm form factor
Generation II XS DrMOS devices, available in a small, 6 mm x 6 mm high performance clip PQFN package, feature higher system efficiency with over 91.5 percent heavy load efficiency at 12 Vin, 1 Vout, and 25 A, and 94 percent peak efficiency. Generation II XS DrMOS can be operated at a 2 MHz switching frequency and have up to 50 A of current handling capability.
Leveraging the company’s expertise in MOSFETs, gate driver ICs, and packaging technology, Fairchild optimized Generation II XS DrMOS devices for greater efficiency and developed new features. These enhancements make the Generation II XS DrMOS family ideal for applications such as blade servers, high performance gaming motherboards, high performance notebooks, graphic cards, and high current DC-DC point-of-load (POL) converters.
Devices in the portfolio offer a 5 V and 3.3 V Tristate level to match the Intel 4.0 DrMOS specification and are compatible with a variety of PWM controllers on the market. The Generation II XS DrMOS portfolio reduces ringing due to PowerTrench MOSFET Shielded Gate technology in both the control FET and synchronous FET. The synchronous FET also integrates a Schottky diode which eliminates external snubber circuits, improving overall performance and power density while reducing space and cost. Generation II XS DrMOS devices also include a thermal warning feature for customers to prevent over temperature conditions during fault situations.
The Generation II XS DrMOS portfolio is able to meet different customer and application needs.
Fairchild Semiconductor’s Generation II XS DrMOS series provides industry-leading technology to meet the energy efficiency and form factor challenges encountered in today’s designs. Generation II XS DrMOS devices are part of Fairchild’s energy efficient power analog, power discrete and optoelectronics solutions that maximize energy savings in power sensitive applications.
Availability and Pricing
Samples of the devices are available now. The FDMF6705 is priced at $2.86 in 1,000 quantity pieces.
The FDMF6705V is priced at $2.92 in 1,000 quantity pieces. The FDMF6706C is priced at $3.30 in 1,000 quantity pieces. The FDMC6707B is priced at $3.96 in 1,000 quantity pieces.
More information about the family of Generation II XS DrMOS devices at:
- KIT, Schaeffler optimise power steering for electric cars
- Automatically-compensated digital PoL controller matches analogue loop performance
- Europe leads PV uptake charts as global growth continues
- Smart power switch replaces discretes in powertrain and automotive body electronics
- UK becomes only bright spot in Europe's solar market
- Intepro expands to support growth plans
- Ultra-low-power 32-bit MCU platform targets industrial and IoT applications
- Is UK Government cutting solar subsidies too soon?
- Bluetooth Smart SoC family targets wireless charging for IoT
- micro-PMIC provides integrated power management for wearable devices
- Software simulation of ST power devices, by free download tool
- Bosch CEO predicts cheaper batteries, networked traffic
- 150V diodes combine switching speed and softness
- Extended temperature MOSFETs offer power density benefits
- Encapsulated 50A digital power module
- High efficiency resonant mode implementation using digital control
- A simple method for determining the optimal operating point of an LED
- WPT breaks all connections, Part 1
- Can Dyson clean up in the battery sector?
- IKEA and Samsung back Qi wireless charging advance
- Data-acquisition: The key to a smart electrical grid
- Revealed - The real impact of battery bounce testing
- Will energy-saving lightbulb become graphene's first commercial success?
- Solar-powered plane completes first leg of global record attempt
- Solar plane passes new test ahead of planned world tour
- Real-time power GaN waveform monitoring
- Lithium battery shipments on passenger planes face ban
- Lithium storage principle offers higher energy storage densities
- Advantages of power blocks for high-current POLs
- Cheaper ultrathin perovskite solar cells target commerical viability
- High Performance Portable DC Bench Power Supply: Save Money and Free Up Bench Real Estate by Building Your Own
- A Four-Quadrant DC/DC Switching Regulator Smoothly Transitions from Positive to Negative Output Voltages for FPGA and Other Applications
- Investigating Die attach Failure in IGBTs using Power Cycling Tests
- Power Systems Design eBook
- Wireless Power User Guide
- A Novel Approach to Industrial Rectifier Systems
- Smartphone SoC Power Efficiency - DVFS Capacitor Switching