NXP claims world's first sub 1 milliOhm MOSFET in a Power S08 package
NXP Semiconductors has unveiled the world's first n-channel sub 1 milliOhm 25 V MOSFET, PSMN1R2-25YL, and is claiming the lowest ever RDSon and best in class Figure of Merit.
The company says the device is the lowest ever RDSon MOSFET in a Power-SO8 package (Loss Free package: LFPAK) and is an extension to NXP's existing MOSFET portfolio. The newest generation MOSFET combines the high performance Power-S08 LFPAK package with latest Trench 6 generation silicon and offers numerous performance and reliability advantages in a wide variety of demanding applications such as: power OR-ring, motor control and high efficiency synchronous buck-regulators.
John David Hughes, Senior International Product Marketing Manager of NXP, said: "We are using innovative techniques in the new Trench 6 process which further reduce the on-resistance. There are many advantages of the new Trench technology to our customers such as improved switching efficiency from the silicon and superior electrical and thermal resistance from the package. NXP's Power-S08 (LFPAK) package is compatible with all widely accepted Power SO-8 PCB footprints."
NXP's Trench 6 MOSFETs, PSMN1R2-25YL, has a typical RDSon of 0.9 mOhm for a 25 V part in Power-S08 (LFPAK), and 1.0 mOhm (typical) for a 30 V part.
In addition to launch of the world's lowest RDSon MOSFET, NXP has announced a new portfolio of products aimed at power supply, motion control, and industrial markets. The range includes products with operating voltages of 25, 30, 40 and 80 V, packaged in Power-S08 (LFPAK) and TO220.
PSMN1R2"25YL is now available at $0.80 (for 1000 pieces).
Datasheet for: NXP's Trench 6 MOSFETs
- Mouser sign global distribution agreement with Advanced Thermal Solutions
- Ultra compact DC-DC converters offer a voltage trim capability
- Nujira surpasses own world record for ET PA linearity
- Silica moves to fast lane in Europe's LED market
- PCIe clock generators offer the smallest footprint and lowest power
- Low-power wireless projected to make waves in remote controls according to IMS Research
- 60-V integrated power modules extends power capability of low load-impedance Class D audio systems
- Expanded ecosystem of ultra-low power MCUs speeds capacitive touch design development
- PFC IC enables compact designs for consumer products and PCs
- Radiation hardened DC-DC power conversion devices support space power systems
- Volvo evaluates flywheel hybrid drive - fuel savings of up to 25%
- PV storage market is set to grow to USD19bn by 2017
- Ultra-low-power SoC supports world's smallest Bluetooth location stickers
- Power-One enters into patent license agreement with Microchip
- Quad-MOSFET solution boosts efficiency and eliminates heat sinking in active bridge applications
- Solar industry capital spending hits seven-year low in 2013 but upturn is on the cards
- Market for GaN and SiC power semiconductors set to rise by factor of 18 in next decade
- Imec and Renesas collaborate on ultra-low power short range radios
- Advanced microcontroller combines floating point and low leakage technology to achieve longest battery lifetime in portable applications
- World's lowest power Bluetooth smart chip is unveiled
- Dangers of Aftermarket Counterfeit Battery Packs
- High Voltage Surge Stoppers Ensure Reliable Operation During Power Surges
- Motor-Drive Design made Simple
- Adaptive Cell Converter Topology Enables Constant Efficiency in PFC Applications
- Micropower Isolated Flyback Converter with Input Voltage Range from 6V to 100V
- Derating of Schottky Diodes
- Heatsink Optimization
- High Performance ZVS Buck Regulator Removes Barriers To Increased Power Throughput
- Waste heat replaces batteries
- Stepper Motor Control IC