NXP claims world's first sub 1 milliOhm MOSFET in a Power S08 package
NXP Semiconductors has unveiled the world's first n-channel sub 1 milliOhm 25 V MOSFET, PSMN1R2-25YL, and is claiming the lowest ever RDSon and best in class Figure of Merit.
The company says the device is the lowest ever RDSon MOSFET in a Power-SO8 package (Loss Free package: LFPAK) and is an extension to NXP's existing MOSFET portfolio. The newest generation MOSFET combines the high performance Power-S08 LFPAK package with latest Trench 6 generation silicon and offers numerous performance and reliability advantages in a wide variety of demanding applications such as: power OR-ring, motor control and high efficiency synchronous buck-regulators.
John David Hughes, Senior International Product Marketing Manager of NXP, said: "We are using innovative techniques in the new Trench 6 process which further reduce the on-resistance. There are many advantages of the new Trench technology to our customers such as improved switching efficiency from the silicon and superior electrical and thermal resistance from the package. NXP's Power-S08 (LFPAK) package is compatible with all widely accepted Power SO-8 PCB footprints."
NXP's Trench 6 MOSFETs, PSMN1R2-25YL, has a typical RDSon of 0.9 mOhm for a 25 V part in Power-S08 (LFPAK), and 1.0 mOhm (typical) for a 30 V part.
In addition to launch of the world's lowest RDSon MOSFET, NXP has announced a new portfolio of products aimed at power supply, motion control, and industrial markets. The range includes products with operating voltages of 25, 30, 40 and 80 V, packaged in Power-S08 (LFPAK) and TO220.
PSMN1R2"25YL is now available at $0.80 (for 1000 pieces).
Datasheet for: NXP's Trench 6 MOSFETs
- EV market is much more than passenger cars - and it's booming
- Stanene may be better than Graphene
- Freescale adds ZigBee wireless MCUs in Kinetis series
- Bluetooth 4.1 shapes standard for Internet of Things
- GaN amplifier offers best in class thermal resistance
- ARCOL Resistors extends global distribution deal with RS Components
- Low cost 6-W DC-DC converters fit in DIP-24 package to offer space-saving benefits
- Advanced batteries reached $10.8bn in market value in 2012, reports Navigant Research
- Hot-swap modular power supplies offer fast response and flexibility
- Transphorm acquires Fujitsu's GaN power conversion business
- 1200-V field stop trench IGBTs offer faster switching performance with improved reliability
- Power efficient 'sensor on a chip' family simplifies relative humidity sensing
- Space-saving -20-V p-channel MOSFET offers low on-resistance down to 8.0-mOhms at -4.5-V
- Compact power supply delivers 60-W of power for medical applications
- Power MOSFET family supports DC-DC converter applications
- Wearable textile battery is capable of being recharged by lightweight solar cells
- Cooling without a fan
- Texas Instruments releases the industry's most extensive reference design library
- OLEDS and solar cells to come straight from the printer in future
- The Top 10 Most Popular Power Management News Stories of 2013
- Digital DC/DC power controller's compensation free control loop reduces design risks and costs
- World's smallest FM radio transmitter made from graphene
- New primary side regulation constant voltage solution in LED driver
- Self healing lithium-ion battery electrode technology could prove disruptive
- Power amplifier solution for mobile base stations doubles efficiency
- Demo Bluetooth low energy keyboard is 10x thinner than any other
- Wireless power: Accommodating new industry standards
- Selecting FETs for hot-swap source connection
- Using film and aluminum electrolytic caps in power converters for voltage stabilization in HV grids
- Bio-based solar cell uses photosynthetic proteins to generate electricity
- 3mm Ã— 3mm QFN IC Directly Monitors 0V to 80V Supplies
- Adaptive Cell Converter Topology Enables Constant Efficiency in PFC Applications
- Ultra-compact and innovative - new Schaffner IEC inlet filter series
- EMC Considerations for Switching Power Supplies
- How to Achieve Power Estimation, Reduction and Verification in Low Power Design
- Industrial-Grade Wide Temperature Assurance for Intelligent Systems
- High-voltage DC distribution is key to increased system efficiency and renewable-energy opportunities