NXP high-speed converters achieve interoperability with Nujira OpenET envelope tracking solutions
Nujira is a leader in commercial-grade envelope tracking modulators for 3G and 4G wireless infrastructure applications, and is the founder of the OpenET Alliance. NXP CGV analog-to-digital converters (ADCs) and digital-to-analog converters (DACs) claim to be the first in the industry to implement the JEDEC JESD204A serial interface, which reduces the number of interconnect signals between data converters and VLSI logic devices, and enables synchronous bonding of multiple data converter channels or lanes. Nujira’s next-generation Coolteq-h Envelope Tracking modulators now also support JESD204A as an interface option.
The NXP high-speed CGV ADCs and DACs have been tested for interoperability using Nujira’s OpenET development system, which implements envelope tracking and DPD functionality.
Assured interoperability and interworking between programmable logic devices and high-speed converters is a critical acceptance criterion for equipment designers, because it reduces risk and cost associated with project schedules. Envelope tracking enables high-efficiency power amplifiers for wireless infrastructure to dynamically reduce the electrical power to a radio transmitter at times of low signal amplitude, and increase it when a powerful signal is required.
Nujira’s DPD technology has been developed to improve signal quality while maintaining high efficiency, which is critical for modern base stations.
The JESD204A-compliant CGV converters from NXP are suitable for cellular base stations and other wireless communication infrastructure equipment, as well as medical, instrumentation and military/aerospace applications.
“Nujira’s decision to utilize the industry-standard JESD204A interface for our next generation of Coolteq-h Envelope Tracking modulators was driven by widespread adoption by leading ADC and DAC providers. This interoperability testing with NXP is an important step in reducing risk and time-to-market for our customers.” said Simon Whittle, design center manager, Nujira.
Visit Nujira at www.nujira.com
Visit NXP Semiconductors at www.nxp.com
- ChiP-based DC-DC converters pack 76-W/cm3 power density
- Single-chip reference design offers Qi compliant small form-factor solution
- Mouser signs global distribution deal with CUI
- Digital DC/DC controllers programmable from 375kHz to 1.25MHz
- High-temperature N-channel power MOSFETs feature integrated drivers
- Chinese power supply manufacturer appoints Luso for UK sales
- Toyota tests SiC technology in near-series designs
- AEG clinches on-board battery charger order for German railway
- Nanocrystallite discovery points way to device performance optimization
- The future of wireless TV: No screen
- Chipset measures complete set of 3-phase AC power parameters
- High-voltage inrush/overcurrent input protection device
- Energy-saving 810-nm IRED unlocks smartphones at a glance
- Small footprint inductors carry high current capacity
- NXP acquires Quintic's Wearable and BTLE IC business
- High efficiency resonant mode implementation using digital control
- A simple method for determining the optimal operating point of an LED
- Can Dyson clean up in the battery sector?
- IKEA and Samsung back Qi wireless charging advance
- WPT breaks all connections, Part 1
- Data-acquisition: The key to a smart electrical grid
- Solar-powered plane completes first leg of global record attempt
- Battery-less IoT connectivity enabled by low-power & multi-standard wireless MCU
- Solar plane passes new test ahead of planned world tour
- Lithium battery shipments on passenger planes face ban
- Real-time power GaN waveform monitoring
- Lithium storage principle offers higher energy storage densities
- Advantages of power blocks for high-current POLs
- Is UK Government cutting solar subsidies too soon?
- Cheaper ultrathin perovskite solar cells target commerical viability
- High Performance Portable DC Bench Power Supply: Save Money and Free Up Bench Real Estate by Building Your Own
- A Four-Quadrant DC/DC Switching Regulator Smoothly Transitions from Positive to Negative Output Voltages for FPGA and Other Applications
- Investigating Die attach Failure in IGBTs using Power Cycling Tests
- Power Systems Design eBook
- Wireless Power User Guide
- A Novel Approach to Industrial Rectifier Systems
- Smartphone SoC Power Efficiency - DVFS Capacitor Switching