NXP high-speed converters achieve interoperability with Nujira OpenET envelope tracking solutions
Nujira is a leader in commercial-grade envelope tracking modulators for 3G and 4G wireless infrastructure applications, and is the founder of the OpenET Alliance. NXP CGV analog-to-digital converters (ADCs) and digital-to-analog converters (DACs) claim to be the first in the industry to implement the JEDEC JESD204A serial interface, which reduces the number of interconnect signals between data converters and VLSI logic devices, and enables synchronous bonding of multiple data converter channels or lanes. Nujira’s next-generation Coolteq-h Envelope Tracking modulators now also support JESD204A as an interface option.
The NXP high-speed CGV ADCs and DACs have been tested for interoperability using Nujira’s OpenET development system, which implements envelope tracking and DPD functionality.
Assured interoperability and interworking between programmable logic devices and high-speed converters is a critical acceptance criterion for equipment designers, because it reduces risk and cost associated with project schedules. Envelope tracking enables high-efficiency power amplifiers for wireless infrastructure to dynamically reduce the electrical power to a radio transmitter at times of low signal amplitude, and increase it when a powerful signal is required.
Nujira’s DPD technology has been developed to improve signal quality while maintaining high efficiency, which is critical for modern base stations.
The JESD204A-compliant CGV converters from NXP are suitable for cellular base stations and other wireless communication infrastructure equipment, as well as medical, instrumentation and military/aerospace applications.
“Nujira’s decision to utilize the industry-standard JESD204A interface for our next generation of Coolteq-h Envelope Tracking modulators was driven by widespread adoption by leading ADC and DAC providers. This interoperability testing with NXP is an important step in reducing risk and time-to-market for our customers.” said Simon Whittle, design center manager, Nujira.
Visit Nujira at www.nujira.com
Visit NXP Semiconductors at www.nxp.com
- Ultralow power buck regulator cuts losses in wearables, IoT
- Altera brings in ZMDI to boost digital power control integration
- Synchronous rectifier controller maximises efficiency across load profiles
- 3kV-isolated SMD transformer supports double-transistor control
- DPD demodulator steps up performance for base stations
- ROHM Semiconductor acquires digital power management specialist Powervation
- Power amplifiers cover 2-50 GHz to simplify instrumentation applications
- DDC acquires Emrise Electronics to expand power portfolio
- 1-W DC/DC converter reduces footprint by 34 percent
- 3-channel, fully-integrated ultralow power regulator/switch
- Multicore SHARC+ARM SOC achieves 5x power efficiency performance
- Brazil startup offers PMIC for solar energy harvesting
- NXP agrees RF power business sell off
- Farnell to stock Murata's ultra-compact 1W converters
- Digital power chipset optimises dead time automatically
- Can your phone batteries keep you secret on the internet?
- Tesla reveals snakebot electric car charger
- Can hydrogen charge your iPhone for a week?
- Gaming computers: How easy is it to plug the energy blackhole?
- Samsung partners MIT to create longer-lasting solid-state rechargeable batteries
- UK Government to trial charge-as-you-drive 'electric motorways'
- 'Aqueous solar flow' battery 20 percent more efficient than lithium-iodine batteries
- Could nanowire artificial photosynthesis put an end to fracking?
- CEO interview: Ambiq sees broader options for low voltage
- Another fusion reactor breakthrough
- Fraunhofer develops cost-effective wireless charging system
- Simplified organic solar cells boost efficiency while lowering costs
- World's smallest emergency phone charger makes Kickstarter debut
- Micro rake doubles efficiency of inexpensive solar cells
- Smarter, lighter car battery replaces lead acid types
- Testing PSRR with High-Frequency Ripple
- Why Making the Move from a Variable Transformer to a VariPLUS is the Right Decision
- A SEPIC Fed Buck Converter
- Minimizing the Impact of Source Resistance on High-Voltage DC to DC Converters
- Dual Phase Buck Controller Drives High Density 1.2V/60A Supply with Submilliohm DCR Sensing
- Battery Management System Tutorial
- High Performance Portable DC Bench Power Supply: Save Money and Free Up Bench Real Estate by Building Your Own