NXP high-speed converters achieve interoperability with Nujira OpenET envelope tracking solutions
Nujira is a leader in commercial-grade envelope tracking modulators for 3G and 4G wireless infrastructure applications, and is the founder of the OpenET Alliance. NXP CGV analog-to-digital converters (ADCs) and digital-to-analog converters (DACs) claim to be the first in the industry to implement the JEDEC JESD204A serial interface, which reduces the number of interconnect signals between data converters and VLSI logic devices, and enables synchronous bonding of multiple data converter channels or lanes. Nujira’s next-generation Coolteq-h Envelope Tracking modulators now also support JESD204A as an interface option.
The NXP high-speed CGV ADCs and DACs have been tested for interoperability using Nujira’s OpenET development system, which implements envelope tracking and DPD functionality.
Assured interoperability and interworking between programmable logic devices and high-speed converters is a critical acceptance criterion for equipment designers, because it reduces risk and cost associated with project schedules. Envelope tracking enables high-efficiency power amplifiers for wireless infrastructure to dynamically reduce the electrical power to a radio transmitter at times of low signal amplitude, and increase it when a powerful signal is required.
Nujira’s DPD technology has been developed to improve signal quality while maintaining high efficiency, which is critical for modern base stations.
The JESD204A-compliant CGV converters from NXP are suitable for cellular base stations and other wireless communication infrastructure equipment, as well as medical, instrumentation and military/aerospace applications.
“Nujira’s decision to utilize the industry-standard JESD204A interface for our next generation of Coolteq-h Envelope Tracking modulators was driven by widespread adoption by leading ADC and DAC providers. This interoperability testing with NXP is an important step in reducing risk and time-to-market for our customers.” said Simon Whittle, design center manager, Nujira.
Visit Nujira at www.nujira.com
Visit NXP Semiconductors at www.nxp.com
- 1-W DC/DC converter reduces footprint by 34 percent
- 3-channel, fully-integrated ultralow power regulator/switch
- Multicore SHARC+ARM SOC achieves 5x power efficiency performance
- Brazil startup offers PMIC for solar energy harvesting
- NXP agrees RF power business sell off
- Farnell to stock Murata's ultra-compact 1W converters
- Digital power chipset optimises dead time automatically
- 4-ch, 24-GHz downconverter for multichannel, beamforming receivers
- Innovate UK funds low cost power convertor project
- Digital isolator technology in IGBT gate drivers yields performance & lifetime
- Digital power controllers offer simple configuration, ease of use
- Wire free: Charge your smartphone while streaming 4K HD videos
- Digital signal controllers consume up to 80 percent less power
- GaN Systems raises extra USD20m to fund growth plans
- DC/DC converter PCB layout, Part 1
- Energy in an emergency: How the evolution of the battery is having a knock on effect in emergency lighting
- LLC synchronous rectification made easy, robust and more efficient
- Measure heat usage in a radiator and gather consumption data for modern 'Green' analysis
- Quantum dot blinking - a problem solved?
- Using Wi-Fi to power the IoT
- Samsung and LG: Reshaping the future for rechargeable mobile batteries
- Semisolid innovation trims lithium-ion battery costs by 50 percent
- Graphene ultracapacitor claims market’s highest energy density
- Newswatch: Can IKEA make renewable energy payoff?
- Electrolyte additives prevent fires in next-generation lithium batteries
- Powering Ethernet, Part 1: Designing for low power consumption in operation
- UK start-up gears up to capture UK home energy storage market
- Constant-voltage topology and intelligent dimming drives LEDs efficiently
- Plant-inspired solar cell design promises improved efficiency
- Battery Management System Tutorial
- High Performance Portable DC Bench Power Supply: Save Money and Free Up Bench Real Estate by Building Your Own
- A Four-Quadrant DC/DC Switching Regulator Smoothly Transitions from Positive to Negative Output Voltages for FPGA and Other Applications
- Investigating Die attach Failure in IGBTs using Power Cycling Tests
- Power Systems Design eBook
- Wireless Power User Guide
- A Novel Approach to Industrial Rectifier Systems