NXP high-speed converters achieve interoperability with Nujira OpenET envelope tracking solutions
Nujira is a leader in commercial-grade envelope tracking modulators for 3G and 4G wireless infrastructure applications, and is the founder of the OpenET Alliance. NXP CGV analog-to-digital converters (ADCs) and digital-to-analog converters (DACs) claim to be the first in the industry to implement the JEDEC JESD204A serial interface, which reduces the number of interconnect signals between data converters and VLSI logic devices, and enables synchronous bonding of multiple data converter channels or lanes. Nujira’s next-generation Coolteq-h Envelope Tracking modulators now also support JESD204A as an interface option.
The NXP high-speed CGV ADCs and DACs have been tested for interoperability using Nujira’s OpenET development system, which implements envelope tracking and DPD functionality.
Assured interoperability and interworking between programmable logic devices and high-speed converters is a critical acceptance criterion for equipment designers, because it reduces risk and cost associated with project schedules. Envelope tracking enables high-efficiency power amplifiers for wireless infrastructure to dynamically reduce the electrical power to a radio transmitter at times of low signal amplitude, and increase it when a powerful signal is required.
Nujira’s DPD technology has been developed to improve signal quality while maintaining high efficiency, which is critical for modern base stations.
The JESD204A-compliant CGV converters from NXP are suitable for cellular base stations and other wireless communication infrastructure equipment, as well as medical, instrumentation and military/aerospace applications.
“Nujira’s decision to utilize the industry-standard JESD204A interface for our next generation of Coolteq-h Envelope Tracking modulators was driven by widespread adoption by leading ADC and DAC providers. This interoperability testing with NXP is an important step in reducing risk and time-to-market for our customers.” said Simon Whittle, design center manager, Nujira.
Visit Nujira at www.nujira.com
Visit NXP Semiconductors at www.nxp.com
- High-temperature N-channel power MOSFETs feature integrated drivers
- Chinese power supply manufacturer appoints Luso for UK sales
- Toyota tests SiC technology in near-series designs
- AEG clinches on-board battery charger order for German railway
- Nanocrystallite discovery points way to device performance optimization
- The future of wireless TV: No screen
- Chipset measures complete set of 3-phase AC power parameters
- High-voltage inrush/overcurrent input protection device
- Energy-saving 810-nm IRED unlocks smartphones at a glance
- Small footprint inductors carry high current capacity
- NXP acquires Quintic's Wearable and BTLE IC business
- 16-bit, 200 Msps ADCs claim lowest power levels
- Development for low-power sensor processing on NXP's dual-core ARM processors
- GaN Systems supports Little Box Challenge
- Pixel chip sparks energy-efficient intelligent LED headlamps
- How to ground and power complex circuits
- Low EMI automotive power designs
- World’s first polychrome organic solar module is revealed
- Envelope Tracking Modulator with quad power IC and FPGA control
- Power supply de-rating in practice
- Simple analog ASIC solves difficult thermal analysis problems
- LDO design techniques for small spaces
- Will energy-harvesting 3D printed trees charge your smartphone?
- Ultra-low power system for wearable devices
- Can 'baking powder' effect boost solar cell efficiencies?
- Plugging solar cell pinholes key to perovskite performance
- Challenges in battery management for hybrid/electric vehicles
- Tesla reveals plans to target household energy-storage market
- Shrimp shells provide cheap sustainable solar cell material
- Optimized perovskite films claim record power conversion efficiencies
- High Performance Portable DC Bench Power Supply: Save Money and Free Up Bench Real Estate by Building Your Own
- A Four-Quadrant DC/DC Switching Regulator Smoothly Transitions from Positive to Negative Output Voltages for FPGA and Other Applications
- Investigating Die attach Failure in IGBTs using Power Cycling Tests
- Power Systems Design eBook
- Wireless Power User Guide
- A Novel Approach to Industrial Rectifier Systems
- Smartphone SoC Power Efficiency - DVFS Capacitor Switching