Power MOSFETs in LFPAK enable slimmer AC/DC adapter designs
NXP’s robust Power MOSFETs provide an easy-to-use, space-saving solution for secondary-side synchronous rectifier (SR) applications, and can be used with SR control ICs such as the company’s new GreenChip TEA1792.
NXP’s innovative Power MOSFETs in LFPAK enable higher power density designs with a smaller footprint, helping manufacturers meet new AC/DC adapter design requirements. LFPAK – the industry’s toughest Power-SO8 package – brings automotive-grade ruggedness as required by AEC-Q101 to the power supply market.
Featuring a copper clip which eliminates the need for wire bonding, LFPAK delivers maximum reliability, low electrical resistance, low thermal resistance, and a simplified manufacturing process. Supporting voltage ratings up to 200 V, NXP’s Power MOSFET portfolio also offers a broad selection of packages in addition to LFPAK, including TO220, I2PAK and D2PAK.
“The trend toward slimmer and more efficient power supplies is pushing the industry as a whole toward more compact form factors – whether it’s a charger or adapter for a music player, smartphone, tablet, notebook, or any device in between. Increasingly, power supply designers are taking advantage of NXP’s LFPAK Power MOSFETs for very small, energy-efficient adapters, with the added benefit of automotive-grade reliability,” said Chris Boyce, general manager, standard MOSFETs product line, NXP Semiconductors. “For adapter designs using GreenChip SMPS controller ICs for synchronous rectification, NXP offers a complete SR solution by offering a broad selection of Power MOSFETs – in packages including LFPAK – backed by the same high-volume manufacturing capability and commitment to continuous innovation.”
NXP’s GreenChip SMPS controller ICs and Power MOSFETs will be featured in booth 910 at APEC 2012 in Orlando, Florida through February 9, 2012.
More information about the NXP Power MOSFET 2012 Selection Guide at
- US-Irish partnership pioneers GaN nanostructures for power electronics
- High power amplifier with integrated power detector targets backhaul
- KIT, Schaeffler optimise power steering for electric cars
- Automatically-compensated digital PoL controller matches analogue loop performance
- Europe leads PV uptake charts as global growth continues
- Smart power switch replaces discretes in powertrain and automotive body electronics
- UK becomes only bright spot in Europe's solar market
- Intepro expands to support growth plans
- Ultra-low-power 32-bit MCU platform targets industrial and IoT applications
- Single-channel comparator extends battery life in low-voltage portable devices
- Is UK Government cutting solar subsidies too soon?
- Bluetooth Smart SoC family targets wireless charging for IoT
- micro-PMIC provides integrated power management for wearable devices
- Software simulation of ST power devices, by free download tool
- Bosch CEO predicts cheaper batteries, networked traffic
- High efficiency resonant mode implementation using digital control
- A simple method for determining the optimal operating point of an LED
- WPT breaks all connections, Part 1
- Revealed - The real impact of battery bounce testing
- Can Dyson clean up in the battery sector?
- Data-acquisition: The key to a smart electrical grid
- IKEA and Samsung back Qi wireless charging advance
- Will energy-saving lightbulb become graphene's first commercial success?
- Solar-powered plane completes first leg of global record attempt
- Real-time power GaN waveform monitoring
- Solar plane passes new test ahead of planned world tour
- Lithium battery shipments on passenger planes face ban
- How to get higher efficiency at lower loads: A new LLC platform makes it possible
- Lithium storage principle offers higher energy storage densities
- Advantages of power blocks for high-current POLs
- High Performance Portable DC Bench Power Supply: Save Money and Free Up Bench Real Estate by Building Your Own
- A Four-Quadrant DC/DC Switching Regulator Smoothly Transitions from Positive to Negative Output Voltages for FPGA and Other Applications
- Investigating Die attach Failure in IGBTs using Power Cycling Tests
- Power Systems Design eBook
- Wireless Power User Guide
- A Novel Approach to Industrial Rectifier Systems
- Smartphone SoC Power Efficiency - DVFS Capacitor Switching