Programmable shunt regulators raise efficiencies of low power systems
With the same electrical specifications as the industry standard TL431 but with a 10x lower cathode current, the three terminal regulators claim to offer excellent temperature stability and output current handling up to 100 mA. The devices’ regulated output can be set to any voltage between 2.5 V and 36 V using a pair of external divider resistors.
The ZXRE250 is provided in a choice of SOT23 and SOT25 packages, while the ZXRE252 offers an alternative pinout in SOT23. The parts offer standard reference voltage tolerance options of 1% and 0.5%, with a wide operating temperature range of -40 to 125°C. The regulators can also be used as direct replacements for Zener diodes in applications requiring an improvement in Zener performance.
Visit Diodes at www.diodes.com
- “True 150W” AC/DC power supply in 2 x 4-in. format
- Precision power analyzer claims world's highest power measurement accuracy
- Power factor correction ICs target light-load performance
- Power saving MEMS-based mirror-like display harnesses ambient light
- 700V HVIC MOSFET drivers improve reliability, cut footprint
- Exagan raises 5.7m euros to produce GaN-on-Si power-switches on 200-mm wafers
- RF power transistors to reach consumers' dishes
- IGBT and diode function on single chip deliver enhanced reliability
- 500W power supply minimises footprint
- SoC IP: ultra low-power cells for always-on blocks
- 3-channel, fully-integrated ultralow power regulator/switch
- Power modelling of mobile basestations sees problems after 2020
- Multicore SHARC+ARM SOC achieves 5x power efficiency performance
- Bidirectional 2-A buck-boost supercapacitor charger offers fast charging
- Li-S battery deal powers High Altitude Pseudo-Satellite aircraft
- DC/DC converter PCB layout, Part 1
- Energy in an emergency: How the evolution of the battery is having a knock on effect in emergency lighting
- LLC synchronous rectification made easy, robust and more efficient
- Measure heat usage in a radiator and gather consumption data for modern 'Green' analysis
- Quantum dot blinking - a problem solved?
- Using Wi-Fi to power the IoT
- Disposable battery life extender enables batteries last 8x longer
- Can 'designer carbon' boost battery and supercapacitor performance?
- Semisolid innovation trims lithium-ion battery costs by 50 percent
- Samsung and LG: Reshaping the future for rechargeable mobile batteries
- Reduce diode losses in redundant systems with integrated power MUXes
- Wood aerogel promises elastic high-capacity batteries
- Graphene ultracapacitor claims market’s highest energy density
- Newswatch: Can IKEA make renewable energy payoff?
- NiZn battery is validated for 12-V automotive use
- Battery Management System Tutorial
- High Performance Portable DC Bench Power Supply: Save Money and Free Up Bench Real Estate by Building Your Own
- A Four-Quadrant DC/DC Switching Regulator Smoothly Transitions from Positive to Negative Output Voltages for FPGA and Other Applications
- Investigating Die attach Failure in IGBTs using Power Cycling Tests
- Power Systems Design eBook
- Wireless Power User Guide
- A Novel Approach to Industrial Rectifier Systems