Redundant AC/DC rack-mount power system features plug-in modules to deliver up to 5-kW
The system is constructed with up to five 1 kW plug-in power supply modules assembled in a 4U x 19 inch x 15 inch card-frame. Each 4U x 16HP x 304 mm plug-in module has a built‐in redundancy diode for parallel connection or N+1 redundant operation, including hot‐insertion. The redundancy diode also allows for a battery to be connected to the output for back-up purposes. The fully loaded PFC 419F-5K-4U19 system delivers a maximum of 5 kW or 4 kW with N+1 redundancy.
The plug-in modules each employ a power factor corrected input and a following half-bridge stage to convert the universal ac-input voltage (95-264 Vac) to 24 Vdc, 48 Vdc, 110 Vdc or 125 Vdc. Custom input/output voltages are available. The modules include a module fail alarm with optocoupler output, summarized into a single Form C alarm on the shelf motherboard. The front panel of every module has an output ON LED indicator, with test points for monitoring output voltage and voltage adjustment potentiometers available as options.
The modules comply with EN/UL60950 and equivalent industrial safety standards as well as the EN61000-3-2 directive for low input harmonic distortion. They are filtered to meet EN55022-A EMI standards with large margins. Efficiency at full load is typically 80%. Protection features include 4300 Vdc input to output isolation, output current limiting with short-circuit protection and thermal shutdown with self-resetting. Cooling is by two high quality built-in fans on each plug-in module.
Visit Absopulse Electronics at www.absopulse.com
- Can candle soot help power Electric Vehicles?
- Solar bypass semiconductor device protects PV from lighting
- Integrated 7.8 mΩ power switch handles 9A, with reverse-blocking
- Tektronix/Keithley adds high-current/power bench PSU variants
- Bulk capacitance on high-current PCB rails safely controlled with 30V MOSFET
- LLC controller claims best-in-class efficiency for isolated DC-DC converters
- USB power supply is designed for automotive environments
- Bluetooth Smart development kit supports Apple® HomeKit
- Low-power battery management for wearables/IoT
- Six-supply sequencer with NV configuration & fault logging
- Fastest 600-V gate driver steps up power density
- Versarien signs exclusive distribution deal to Mouser
- Online power supply configurator supplants custom solutions
- Keeping robots on the move - smartening up solar harvesting
- 1.5A negative LDO+ with current limiting and monitoring
- Will DIY spray-on solar cells be a reality soon?
- Porsche reveals prototype battery-driven sports car
- Transparent coating cools solar cells while boosting efficiency
- More-than-Moore will lead, argues GloFo's Wijburg
- Elon Musk targets high-volume solar panel dominance
- Dialog to acquire Atmel for USD4.6bn in IoT push
- Super-battery charges mobile devices in 15 seconds or less
- Hybrid solar panel roof helps slash energy bills
- Are mushrooms the answer to lithium-ion battery degradation?
- World efficiency record claimed for both sides-contacted solar cells
- DC-DC Conversion Handbook on GaN
- GaN soon on 8-inch silicon wafers, hopes MACOM
- Heat helps rechargeable batteries extend lifetimes
- Next-Generation batteries - Can all-silicon anodes be commercially viable?
- Report: Cypress preps bid to snatch Atmel from Dialog
- Determine Balancing Current for the LTC3305 Lead-Acid Battery Balancer
- Testing PSRR with High-Frequency Ripple
- Why Making the Move from a Variable Transformer to a VariPLUS is the Right Decision
- A SEPIC Fed Buck Converter
- Minimizing the Impact of Source Resistance on High-Voltage DC to DC Converters
- Dual Phase Buck Controller Drives High Density 1.2V/60A Supply with Submilliohm DCR Sensing
- Battery Management System Tutorial