Redundant AC/DC rack-mount power system features plug-in modules to deliver up to 5-kW
The system is constructed with up to five 1 kW plug-in power supply modules assembled in a 4U x 19 inch x 15 inch card-frame. Each 4U x 16HP x 304 mm plug-in module has a built‐in redundancy diode for parallel connection or N+1 redundant operation, including hot‐insertion. The redundancy diode also allows for a battery to be connected to the output for back-up purposes. The fully loaded PFC 419F-5K-4U19 system delivers a maximum of 5 kW or 4 kW with N+1 redundancy.
The plug-in modules each employ a power factor corrected input and a following half-bridge stage to convert the universal ac-input voltage (95-264 Vac) to 24 Vdc, 48 Vdc, 110 Vdc or 125 Vdc. Custom input/output voltages are available. The modules include a module fail alarm with optocoupler output, summarized into a single Form C alarm on the shelf motherboard. The front panel of every module has an output ON LED indicator, with test points for monitoring output voltage and voltage adjustment potentiometers available as options.
The modules comply with EN/UL60950 and equivalent industrial safety standards as well as the EN61000-3-2 directive for low input harmonic distortion. They are filtered to meet EN55022-A EMI standards with large margins. Efficiency at full load is typically 80%. Protection features include 4300 Vdc input to output isolation, output current limiting with short-circuit protection and thermal shutdown with self-resetting. Cooling is by two high quality built-in fans on each plug-in module.
Visit Absopulse Electronics at www.absopulse.com
- 1-W DC/DC converter reduces footprint by 34 percent
- Power magnetics Lab Kit enters education
- DC output drive modules for reactive loads offer reverse energy protection
- A glimpse at the future of printed electronics
- Standardised charging solution aims to accelerate electric vehicle acceptance
- Google smart contact lens getting closer?
- “True 150W” AC/DC power supply in 2 x 4-in. format
- Precision power analyzer claims world's highest power measurement accuracy
- Power factor correction ICs target light-load performance
- Power saving MEMS-based mirror-like display harnesses ambient light
- 700V HVIC MOSFET drivers improve reliability, cut footprint
- Exagan raises 5.7m euros to produce GaN-on-Si power-switches on 200-mm wafers
- RF power transistors to reach consumers' dishes
- IGBT and diode function on single chip deliver enhanced reliability
- 500W power supply minimises footprint
- DC/DC converter PCB layout, Part 1
- Energy in an emergency: How the evolution of the battery is having a knock on effect in emergency lighting
- LLC synchronous rectification made easy, robust and more efficient
- Measure heat usage in a radiator and gather consumption data for modern 'Green' analysis
- Quantum dot blinking - a problem solved?
- Using Wi-Fi to power the IoT
- Samsung and LG: Reshaping the future for rechargeable mobile batteries
- Semisolid innovation trims lithium-ion battery costs by 50 percent
- Graphene ultracapacitor claims market’s highest energy density
- Newswatch: Can IKEA make renewable energy payoff?
- Electrolyte additives prevent fires in next-generation lithium batteries
- Powering Ethernet, Part 1: Designing for low power consumption in operation
- UK start-up gears up to capture UK home energy storage market
- Constant-voltage topology and intelligent dimming drives LEDs efficiently
- Plant-inspired solar cell design promises improved efficiency
- Battery Management System Tutorial
- High Performance Portable DC Bench Power Supply: Save Money and Free Up Bench Real Estate by Building Your Own
- A Four-Quadrant DC/DC Switching Regulator Smoothly Transitions from Positive to Negative Output Voltages for FPGA and Other Applications
- Investigating Die attach Failure in IGBTs using Power Cycling Tests
- Power Systems Design eBook
- Wireless Power User Guide
- A Novel Approach to Industrial Rectifier Systems